SOTD : Saturday 8 th - Friday 14th |February 2020

xtbfajr.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Pre-Shave Cream
Brush: Omega Pro 48 Boar
Soap: A&E Grecian Hourse
Razor: Gillette Slim (6-4-4)
Blade: NOS Gillette Bleue Extra (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; APR Coeur De Vert A/S splash
Scent: Aramis Havana

A new soap arrival - A&E Grecian Horse. The soap performed admirably, and the scent is superb. To me, it has deep, rich notes of vanilla and cocoa on an exotic woods base. I am not normally into gourmand scents, but this really is something else.
Dialed to Slim up to 6 WTG, then back to 4 for XTG and ATG passes. The very sharp Annecy blade made short work of my 3 day growth for a BBS result.
The pungent fougère notes of Coeur De Vert and the exotic evening vibe of Aramis Havana proved fine matches for the soap scent.

SOTD : 13th February 2020.

h.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea Minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face

Wrights ~ Traditional Cold Tar Soap.

Brush: APShave Co ~ 24mm Cashmere Synthetic.

Mug Lather.

Soap : Boots Original Shave Stick.

Blade: Supermax Blue Diamond. (2)

Razor: Baili ~ BD177 Rose Gold TTO.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender, eucalyptus + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Boots ~ Freshwood ASL + Aftershave Balm.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave,

Another wonderful shave with the Baili BD177 razor..This chinese razor has really impressed me over the last few weeks how much of the close comfortable socially acceptable shaves i've had from it.

Last use of the Supermax BD blades which have performed excellently with all my razor giving smooth efficient error-free shaves. The Boots shaving product trio worked together superbly making my early morning shave a pleasurable experience...This morning i grated a small amount of the shave stick into my shaving mug which created a excellent slick protective lather in a short space of time.

A very enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Boots ~ Freshwood Aftershave Balm.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Pre-shave: Cold Derbyshire Tap Water, Proraso Green Pre Shave Cream
Brush: Razorock Bruce Synthetic
Cream: Proraso Green Cream
Razor: Merkur Progress. Set to 2.5, then 1 for the touching up
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Post/After-shave: Shower, Cold Water Splash, Floid Black AS, Nivea Sensitive Balm.

20 miles on the bike in the cold at 6am and then indoors for a shave with a cold water splash, really woke me up!

I've previously stated that Astra SP was the worst blade I've tried, so now my technique has improved I thought I'd revisit this blade. I can't form an proper opinion off just 1 shave but yes, it was superb and I'll be trying it again tomorrow.

Date:- 13 February 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Gratiot League Square (milksteak base)
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Matte SS 'SB-C' / Vintage NOS English Wilkinson Sword #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

Thur 13th Feb.

The Grosvenor [ 404-mixed ]
TBG Soap- Unscented
ER 1924 / Windrose handle
Gem S/S [ 6 ]
TBG Sixth Sense A/S Lotion.

It would appear that despite my poor sense of smell , I am not keen on unscented soap. However, I have to say performance wise this soap is good, as it enables the 1924 to deliver a very smooth and comfortable Shave, and without any problems get a Top Notch all round finish. I do find the 1924 to perform better with a longer handle, just seems easier to handle.

IMG_0512.jpg

Back
Top Bottom