SOTD : Saturday 7th May - Friday 13th May 2022.

SotD

Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Tamanu Noir - Shaving Soap.
Kent BLK 8 Silvertip - Shaving Brush.
Vintage Punktal 101 - Safety Razor.
Vintage 4711 Extase Moschus Men - After Shave.
Vintage 4711 Extase Moschus Men - EdT.

-
43570901fc.jpg

43570902uu.jpg

43570903jv.jpg

Sunday morning's shave after a bit of a lie-in:

Løthur Tears ably whipped up with the StarCraft brush.
Rocket HD 500 still with the Elios blade and I remembered correctly, today's shave was far smoother than yesterday.

I spent most of the rest of the day toiling cutting down & pruning bushes and small trees, then doing some general dogsbody stuff for Mrs D.

Still had a great day though.

Hope everyone is ready for the new week.
Gary

Attachments

• IMG_20220508_204827__01.jpg
    IMG_20220508_204827__01.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 3
This morning's shave carrying the theme 'Trips, tips and trailer-go-wheels'

20220507_191711.jpg

Trailer park - Razorock Hawk V3
Trailer film - Schick Proline
Trailer and truck - Yaqi Moka
Trailer camper - Aran Arromatics Machrie soap
Trailer? Where's the effing wheel? - Pure moisturiser

'No. Not this?'

A change of blade and a new Proline has brought the Hawk back to its best and Three superb passes. No scary moments other than having to see myself in the mirror.

The Machrie doesn't get the use it deserves, but when it does get to see the light of my face it always turns in a great performance (a soap sympathetic to ugliness). One of my rare purchases from the Emporium as I'd hate to think I assist in @Boycie83 becoming a major shaving outlet. He passed this one as he said he didn't like the scent. I was happy to take it based on the fact he is a man of no taste.

By the time the water had disappeared down the plughole I could honestly say, 'That was one cracking shave'. Happy bunnyism

So this shave was made over in Yorkshire this morning and an hour later I found myself heading back Liverpool way as I volunteered for 3 days work this week.

Totally forgot I had promised to shift some shit to the local tip so arriving back home it was back out the door again. Only I did the same last week when the trailer tyre burst, shredded and the trailer found itself doing 40mph on the wheel rim. Now, I'm not a man who likes rimming and my wife doesn't take kindly to having a rough ride.

First job, change the wheel. No jack so managed a balancing act on an old toilet which was amongst the garbage for the tip. Unconventional but it worked. Three trailer loads later and wish I'd stayed over in Yorkshire and bullshitted away to the family. I am now knackered but at least I can say I now have some rubber around my rim and the ability to pull loads anytime I wish.

Have a wonderful week ahead and I love you all.

On the subject of trash it just has to be those 'Bed in' girls and their trashy lumi-vibrator waving audience.........

Mon 9 SOTD
Soap Rasozero Agrumella
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice 2 Band Badger
Razor Dorko Solingen 43
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Nice enough soap with a very light scent and an acceptable lather...
The razor for today's shave was very good. The edge was smooth, comfortable yet crisp...
20220509_113946.jpg

279779867_670104437424951_2443149823729372364_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Arko
Brush: 26mm Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Treet Platinum (2)
Welcome return of the Arko - no, really! Brilliant lather and while the scent is divisive I rather like it - it certainly transports me back to my first foray into the world of DF Vshaving. The new lemon cologne is much more "sherbet-y" than Duru, and stronger in the first instance. It dissipates quickly though. I can see this setup appearing very regularly over the Summer. Not sure how long the three sticks I bought will last though. Apparently cockroaches and Arko are the two things that will survive a nuclear strike :rolleyes:

SOTD 09-May
20220503_103835.jpg
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Boti Chubby
Soap: DG Daemon
Razor: Blackland Era
Blade: GSB (2)

Decent no fuss shave this morning, the shave from yesterday lasted a long time so minimal to take down, to be fair I could have skipped but I'm stuck in my ways. Still like the Era but it doesn't wow me, it certainly isn't my desert island razor but gets the job done. For the price though you really can't argue.

I'm still definitely not sold on the OC plate though, again does the job but it's not the smoothest (for me) and with the layered finish (a necessity of the 3D printing of course) just doesn't do it for me, I would take my Gillette Olds any day of the week.

Hope everyone has a grand kick off to the week.

Cheers

Marc

Monday:

The HD 500 has had it's run out with the Elios blade, but I think 3 shaves is enough. I could possibly get another out of it, but why risk having a rough shave?

P&B Interlinked was good, but felt a little dry after each pass (2 + pick-ups), despite me adding more water, maybe I need to get it even more loose. I do like the splash/skin food feel once it has dried off.

I've had a good start, let's hope work carries on the feeling!

Attachments

• IMG_20220508_205007__01.jpg
    IMG_20220508_205007__01.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 6
9 May

Simpsons Luxury Shaving Cream
Simpson Duke 3
Edwin Jagger DE89
Feather Hi-Stainless
Bart’s Balm Ben Kilbreck

AA004009-FAC4-4D25-9FB9-2D36808BD7B8.jpeg
A very easy two pass shave this morning. The Simpson brush and cream created an easy lather and the DE89 with it’s new barber pole handle and Feather blade made light work of the shave. A close and very comfortable result.

09/05/22
Mug Soap and Mitchells May
Pre - Shower
Brush - Razorock 400 Plissoft Syn
Soap - Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor - Ever ready 1914
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Baxter's / Argan Oil home mixed Balm
A/S - Proraso Red (Avon Shaving Brush)
Wk19 (3).JPG
A wonderful shave today with the 1914, this vintage lady is very smooth with a really nice audio feedback from the shave letting me know its doing its job.
I am really enjoying the MWF so far, not a bad lather from it.
I am pretty sure i have seen 1 or 2 of these misidentified as the 1924, the '14 is easy to ID as it has "lift here" on both sides of the top-cap, the 1924 opens from the back.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom