SOTD : Saturday 7th May - Friday 13th May 2022.

CC84E3AB-4FCE-4CE8-AC10-0F19F13CF7D9.jpeg
SOTD: 09/05/2022

Razor: Mars Razor
Blade: Gillette Black 7 O’clock , 1st use
Brush: Omega #625 silver tip badger
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Menrock Black Pomegranate Cream
Aftershave: William Hunt Oud De Parfum Aftershave
Balm: L’Oreal Men Expert Reinforcing Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Spot on from the Mars again a lovely close shave, no irritation and a quick capable razor. I love the head as it feels so intuitive but never boring, (Ahem - Twig). It’s really a great razor.
Enjoy the rest of the day guys.

Monday 9th May
Claymore Evo - Feather Pro #5 - Yaqi Robin - Hampshire Wool Fat No1 - Cien X-Bolt AS - Aloe Vera Gel
Gn9KndC.jpg

where did you get that beautiful bowl???

20220509_150938.jpg

Business travel kit rehearsal:
Gillette 3 blades disposable (probably >15 years old...)
Stirling Dunshire soap and AS
Yaqui Sagrada
TFS Witch Hazel

Travelling by air in regional trips, no DE blades on board of course.
On a 1-day growth not a bad result I'd say, more than OK for daily shave.

I think that the Stirling tallow soap works nicely on the cartridge, more than with the DE

Razor = Karve CB Aluminium ( D )
Blade = Rise ( 2 )
Brush = Simpsons T3
Cream = Arko Comfort with matching cologne & balm
32CDA846-9C29-458D-8F24-7081991EF7A1.jpeg
A really decent shave tonight with the cheap as chips Arko
I think if memory serves me right the cream, splash & balm we’re all under 12 quid not a bad deal even although i day so myself lol.
The blade however was pretty pants.
The first use was ok but this second time was a waste of time i feel, but i still managed to enjoy it anyway
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe
Boys & Girls

And arriving with the my theme of the day 'If you walk down the middle of the road you will get run over by traffic coming both directions'

20220508_213004.jpg

Broken white lines - Occams Enoch
Two solid white lines - Feather Professional
Cross hatched lines - SP shaving 24mm Cashmere
Ouch - Signature Soaps Londinium

What a cracking little razor the Enoch is. Once you have got over the jiggery pockey with the blade loading, and lost a few finger tips in to the bargain. But once there with a deft sort of balancing act involving your remaining digits, great shaving delights await. Accuracy and speed with a silly name.

I only expect brilliance from the Londinium and that is exactly what was dished out with Cashmere.

So happy I am going to make this an Enoch week. At least up to Tuesday any way

So happy, have some Otoboke beaver

Tue 10 SOTD
Soap Colonel Conk Lime
Brush Yaqi 24mm Green Mink
Razor Yaqi Mellon COB
Blade Persona X Series 6th
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Stirling Sharp Dressed Man Splash
Missed using this excellent & very affordable soap! It is easy to lather and produces a rich & super slick lather with a nice light lime scent...awesome!!
A good shave session with this razor paired with the still good blade. Easy, smooth, and efficient enough in 3passes for a mostly bbs finish without any issues. The aftershaves were good...
20220510_111847.jpg

SOTD : 10th May 2022.

3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Chantry Lavender Goat's Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Semogue 1470.
Face Lather.
Lather: Vie-Long Shave Stick.
Razor: Gillette Guard. (D2)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Brut Alaska ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

I haven't gave the vie-long shave stick much attention for a while and forgot how good this humble inexpensive stick performs and the lather it created in a short space of time.

A enjoyable early morning 2 pass + pick ups DFS with no errors to report....The Gillette Guard always provides me with quick fuss-free shaves...What more can i say.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
SOTD 10-May
20220509_123553.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP
Soap: A&E Warrior of Howling Fjord
Razor: Tedalus Essence
Blade: Feather Professional (2)

Good two pass shave this morning, one slight nick under the chin on the first pass, I'm a little out of practice, but quickly got back into the swing of it.

Still not convinced by this soap/AS, it's good in itself but the scent doesn't do anything for me. I may add this to the intended clearout.

Smooth and refreshed for the day ahead, hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom