SOTD : Saturday 7th May - Friday 13th May 2022.

SOTD 20220507
Prep: Razorock pre barba
Bowl: Ceramiche di Sicilia
Brush: The Varlet Everset
Soap: XPEC scented
Razor: Blutt BR1 on Jürgen Hempel Goliath TI
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
AS: Acqua di Parma Colonia intensa
AS Balm: Acqua di Parma Colonia pura

SOTD_20220507.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Saturday 7th May

AM-JKLXdYYUv3NTgTNGhCQWVmWYNhPE8duCrYR11JTRTxpJpl5mSWp6tKvBdOymz0hzI2XnUKT-kwZam0rY1dKGfOOCmEUk97IF2yNQBK3xOrTq8FZTb2hlDT-EK2UJ4vMFE1ObQaDIwtkUi7rQp2l-wQnj_JQ=w1200

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Moon Soaps Amaretto Shaving Cream
Razorock 400 Butterscotch w/Plissoft Noir 24mm
Muhle Rocca Jet & Bolzano Inoxidable (Egypt) (1)
Pinaud Clubman Musk Aftershave Cologne
Ajmal Arabian Musk (Attar)

... a most enjoyable shave with the Egyptian Bolzano Inox.

I got the general understanding that the German-made were not considered to be very good, but folks changed their opinion once manufacture moved to Egypt, where I understand they are now made within Lord's facilities. I have not shaved with the German version myself, but very glad to have tried this one. It wasn't as smooth as I thought it would be, but certainly sharp ... confirmed by results of a straight-forward north/south first pass.

It has more bark than, say, the Lord Classic but less bite than, say, the Silver Star. In many respects, it put me in mind of the German-made Wilkinson Sword Economie (the professional version) or the Vidyut Stainless (in the burgundy pack). I gather the market is professional Barbers ... Italian professional Barbers and as such, yes, a good, honest shave.

I like that kind of shave. I like to feel the blade. I like it when the blade talks to me.

Yeah! Looking forward to another shave with this blade.

Gamechanger 84 on Custom Stainless | Yew Brush Handle with 26mm Cashmere Fan | SSS Peppermint Soap | Blue Stratos AS & EdT | Boots Freshwood Balm

The photo shows Cool Water AS but I changed my mind and opted for the above. It just smells better to me but then I am a cheap old cock.

50DCF76C-2A1A-4C14-A71C-B7AC807DBA63.jpeg

Once again my thanks to @Boycie83 for the 84 GC plate loan. I’m very grateful to have been able to try it. Whilst it’s great on two day growth, it’s a bit much for me as an every day option. Perhaps a milder blade like a Lord Platinum would suit it better but for the moment, I’ll stick with the 68.

I cannot believe i thought about moving this little half blade razor on, today a very close comfortable shave from 2 passes, WTG then ATG and a little touch up here and there, this seems to be my go to routine of late.
Everything working in harmony delivering a wonderful finish.
I completely agree. R41 performance and it defies all established norms. The blade exposure looks scary.....but it works extremely well. I have a selection of heads in various finishes.......and one of them will be called into play tomorrow!

SOTD : 8th May 2022.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Chantry Lavender Goat's Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 49.
Mug Lather.
Lather: Williams Mug Shaving Soap.
Blade: Personna Gem PTFE. (D1)
Razor: Ever-Ready 1914. (US) (Brass)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Brut Attraction Totale ASL./Cien Sensitive ASB.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

The Ever Ready 1914 performed with smooth efficiency, mowing through my stubble with ease, making the shave a pleasurable experience.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling cool, smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay Safe, and enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen. :cool:

Sun 8 SOTD
Soap Signature Soaps Hibernia
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Friedr Herder Abr. Sohn 77
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Signature Soaps Hibernia Splash
A good quality soap with a refreshing scent and a creamy slick lather...
An excellent razor for today's shave. The edge feels really smooth and crisp. 3passes for a dfs/ccs finish. Nice enough aftershaves...
20220508_130454.jpg

SOTD 08-May
20220503_103945.jpg
Brush: AP Lemon Drop TGN Boar
Soap: Stirling Baker Street
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Professional (1)

Been a while since the vector saw the light of day so thought it about time. Popped a fresh blade in and away I went, quickly realising why I don't have any other AC razors left in the collection. Smooth run and a quick 2 pass, WTG/ATG for a fantastically smooth irritation free finish. Not something I had been able to achieve all that often with a fresh blade in my previous ACs, often ended up with at least a little bit of irritation making the jump on the second pass to ATG.

Baker Street has quickly become my favourite Stirling, with a close second being Ramblin' Man. The latter lasts longer scent wise, or so it seems, but I still wouldn't grumble.

Hope everyone has a cracking Sunday!

Cheers

Marc

C1BABD51-7DF8-48CF-8DEB-AFBD6B49A860.jpeg
SOTD: 08/05/2022

Razor: Hone 15s
Blade: Pol Silver Super Iridium, 1st use
Brush: ZENITH Unbleached bristle chrome handle 2000 C XSE
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: Tabac Original Puck
Aftershave: Tabac Original Cologne
Balm: L’Oreal Men Expert Reinforcing Aftershave Balm

My best shave yet from the Hone 15s. It however has taken the mighty now unobtainium original Tabac and One of my last Polsilver blades to do it! It’s still a little draggy but closer to the great shave the brass Hone gives me. I do wonder if there’s a ‘polish’ or protective coating that’s wearing off, as it seems to be getting better. However I’m still close to having it polished up.
All in all a better than expected shave with the Hone thanks to the mighty Tabac!
Enjoy your Sunday guys!

278545355_2203331016502872_3552465900617706640_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Bond Retro Style Cream
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Treet Platinum (1)

Leisurely shave after a few days on the road with the Wars setup. The Bond ASL gives a hell of a kick when splashed on liberally, and the Treet did a grand job.

8 May

Signature Soaps Eboracum sample
Blackland Signature
Blackland Vector
Schick Proline
Bart’s Balm Ben Kilbreck

1D3650D3-8AC2-4541-B3ED-499D77374F80.jpeg
That was a wonderful Sunday shave. The Blackland brush and razor maintained their usual excellence. The scent from the Signature soap was wonderful as was that from my first use of Bart’s most recent version of his balm. The perfect start to the day.

SOTD Sunday the 8th of May

Razor
- Gillette Tech
Blade - Gillette Super Silver
Brush - Simpson Chubby 3 Super Badger
Soap - D.R. Harris Sandalwood Shaving Soap
Post - Thayers Witch Hazel / Nivea Men Sensitive Moisturiser
Aftershave - D.R. Harris Sandalwood Aftershave

20220508_120107.jpg

:) (y)

08/05/22
Mug Soap and Mitchells May
Pre - Shower
Brush - Jayaruh #355 Maggards Knot
Soap - Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor - Feather DX ACD-N
Blade - Feather Light Blade
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Baxter's / Argan Oil home mixed Balm
A/S - Avon Siege Cannon " Wild Country"

Wk19 (2).JPG
Well, well, well. What a revelation!
rocky balboa win GIF by Rocky

The Light Blade in the DX has just given me the best shave i have had so far with any of my AC shavettes.
Very much like a comfortable, sharp Straight razor, i found the angle immediately and the razor in hand did not seem as intimidating, feeling much better controlled in the fingers.
I completed My normal 2 pass shave routine.
The razor felt as smooth as you like, even though the feedback was subdued and i had to check the removed lather to see if any stubble was being taken off? - It was. When i rinsed off after the WTG pass i really could have stopped there. I went on to complete my mixed pass of ATG on the neck and throat and XTG on the Cheeks, chin and upper lip.
Bingo - the rinse off revealed a BBS finish, no irritation and not a mark on me.
A nice rub of balm and then the tester - the splash:eek: - Some mild indication, nothing major.
I really enjoyed that. boxing.gif
I am not sure how the Light Blade would cope with thicker, more dense stubble that mine as these things really are YMMV, for me its a winning Combination.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Back
Top Bottom