SOTD: Saturday 6 January - Friday 12 January 2024.

Tuesday 9 January

Blutt 086, you have to look closely to see any blade showing on this bad boy. However it is not a mild razor and will deliver a fine shave, although keeping a constant angle with the face is needed as you might expect.
Gillette Super Silver first use is still as good as new considering its age, but then it’s Gillette :)
2 passes and pick ups for a dfs finish and no irritation.
Enjoy your evening fellas!

IMG_0455.jpeg

I’ve stopped using boar altogether. Just ain’t as good as synth and I NEVER thought I’d utter such blasphemy! More lather quicker and easier spread with less irritation.

Until a few days ago I'd been using boars entirely (DecemBOAR at B&B) and had no problems. No idea what had changed now.

I can understand why some shift entirely to synths, no brush burn and really easy to build a lather with but they can be a bit charmless at times.

I think it's nice to have a bit of variety, maybe you will find you back to boars down the line.

A tale of two shaves and the theme, 'The Lord of the sinks, the two towers'

20240108_203248.jpg

Frodo the razor - Stainless Mongoose
Boromir the blade - Feather Professional
Bilbo Brushgins - Zenith dark synthetic
Soapron - ADP Collezione Barbierre
Balmiman Butterbur - L'Occitane Cade

'Second tower'

Gandalf arrived at the tower of Saruman and declared, 'We are a pair of bearded twats and we are in need of a shave'. And shave they did. It was also notable that non of the Orcs sported facial hair so one has to assume we are all big grotesque ugly gits. Well I am. QED

A good shave? Damn brilliant. And still damn ugly

But not ugly.....

20240109_144842.jpg

Lord Ikon - Ikon B1
Blador - Gillette 7-O'Clock (now past 7 O'Clock)
Gimli the brush - PAA Peregrino
Samwise Soapgee - Bath House Spanish fig
Merry Moisturiser - Collegen

'And all I said was I'd love a nice ring and before I know it he's sodded off to some place called Mordor. More tea?'

The dwarves refused to shave and Gollum admitted he didn't have any issue as he'd never grown any hair anyway.

A boss shave and some boss ladies

And I remain effing ugly

The fourth shave from this blade and it was not very close around the difficult areas of the neck. A few nicks but no closer. Time to ditch the blade.

The Rolls Razor soap sample was a kind gift from pjgh. He estimates this to be from the 1950s. It doesn't really have a scent; there's a faint crayon smell common to many old shaving soaps. Great performance from it.

Proraso balm helps to soothe the areas where I've pushed too far.

Rating: 3.5 / 5

Razor: Neo Lux Schrägschnitt
Blade: Super Iridium Wizamet (NOS)
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Rolls Razor Estimated 1950s
Additional Care: Proraso Pre and post Balm

Tuesday 9th January

ABLVV84NPWJEdc-2s8TH7cjWIh0AsAByVo5OGqebCOIYqG6Ds4tA_aLYqKDUQ1Wvw7UmEHEPi8vLboWJct4JvuyK2MfB5KVA3jfakQ9_L4mJfNi8PCcdmZzuRxJVJPTWvkFHinVbWoZcvJk-PKhIiVi30V2B-A=w800

Cyril R Salter Shaving Soap & DSC Professional w/Sunbad Synthetic 26mm
King C Gillette & Astra Superior Stainless (Russia) (2)
Pitralon Classic Aftershave

IMG_4139.jpeg
SOTD: 09/01/2024

Razor: Rockwell 6s
Blade: Supermax Blue Diamond, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: House Of Mammoth Indigo Puck
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm
Fragrance: Alexandria Fragrances Hacivaz Extrait

Two new items that didn’t really go but I had to try! The House of Mammoth was as expected a fabulous base and a lovely
scent the blueberry, rum, and vetiver, are all as clear as day! The splash didn’t match the soap but was fantastic, strong and fresh sweet pineapple and citrus, wood and oakmoss, all my top choices greatest hits!
A great shave all in all!

SOTD: 10/01/2024

Razor: Merkur Futur (clone)
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux, 4th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Baume.be Pre Shave Gel
Soap: Saponificio Bignoli Violetta Di Parma Cream
Aftershave: Saponificio Bignoli Violetta Di Parma Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Enjoy your day!