SOTD: Saturday 6 January - Friday 12 January 2024.

SOTD: 9th December 2023.

7.jpg
Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Imperial Leather Lavender & Wild Iris Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Arko Sensitive Shaving Cream.
Blade: Super Shave X Platinum. (D1)
Razor: Kanzy K100.

Cold water Face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/ Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./ Alum Rub./Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel/Herbs of Bulgaria Lavender ASL./Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning return to work face & head shave.

A wonderful performance from the Kanzy K100...What I like about the Kanzy K100 razor is, the balanced weight it's closed 'tech type head' which holds the blade rigidly reducing the blade to minimum with no blade over-hang which is very comfortable to shave with additional protection of catching my ear lobes or under my nose when shaving it gives a close presentable acceptable shave when paired together with the right blade choice.

An enjoyable close combined face & head shave from the Kanzy K100.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling cool smooth, & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD: 09/01/2024

Razor: Merkur Futur (clone)
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux, 3rd use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Puck
Aftershave: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Aluin
Additional Care: Koud Water

Enjoy this (cold but healthy) day and keep safe!

8/1/24

Soap - Arko Hydrate
Brush - Yaqi Cashmere
Razor - unknown old OC
Blade - Gillette Minora
AS - Brut Original

I had quite a bit of post shave burn yesterday, so changed to a synth and none at all today. It's the second time I have tried this and noticed my boar brushes are giving me brush burn, which is completely bizarre as my well broken Omega is one of the softest brushes I own. Time to put away my lovely boar brushes for a while it seems. I'm unsure to why this might be, I've used boar brushes for years without any brush burn before.

Anyway chaps, have a good start to the week.

View attachment 115490
I’ve stopped using boar altogether. Just ain’t as good as synth and I NEVER thought I’d utter such blasphemy! More lather quicker and easier spread with less irritation.

Monday 8th January

Soap • Stirling Gentleman
Brush • Yaqi Moka Express 24mm
Razor • Ikon Shavecraft 102
Blade • Dorco Titan (1)
Post • Stirling Gentleman Balm

The Ikon 102 has a small blade gap, but manages to smooth out two days of wiry grey stubble with ease.
After expressing sellers remorse, @RussellR5555 kindly gifted this razor to me some time ago - Thanks again Russell . . .

Tue 9th January

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Alpha Classic G4 28mm
La Toja stick- grated
PAL Injectomatic de Luxe
Schick S/S single - Japan ( 2 )

Have not used this Razor for a while, and when used with a Japanese Schick it merits its name as a “ Schick Buster”. These blades are very good, and I got them by mistake as the packaging is the same as The Twins so thought I had ordered those. Japanese sellers seem to have raised their prices, but Connaughts stock them now.
Was a rather good and effective - a decent all round finish.

IMG_0290.jpeg

9 January

Speick Men cream
Simpson Chubby 2
Gillette Adjustable E1 (5,7)
Gillette Silver Blue
Speick Men Sensitiv balm

B2A99C69-F641-42E6-BCA6-0C7C1B8A3880.jpeg
The very observant may have noticed that the razor in yesterday morning’s picture was actually an E1 not an E4. Apologies for unintentionally misleading you, a slip of the brain is to blame.
As for the shave? This morning’s two passes with the E1 were very smooth and comfortable. It’s interesting that these antique razors were so “mild” compared to many modern razors but they still get the job done. The Cubby 2 Manchurian is simply the best brush that I own, very expensive but the ultimate in luxury. I absolutely love using it.

Back
Top Bottom