SOTD: Saturday 6 January - Friday 12 January 2024.

SOTD: 6th January 2024.

5.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Imperial Leather Lavender & Wild Iris Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 48.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Vitos Vegetal shaving soap.
Blade: Super Shave X Platinum. (D1)
Razor: Baili BD177 Rose Gold TTO. (Face)
Razor: Gallant II Platinum. (Head) - (D1)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Original ASL./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave) (Clone razor week)

First outing of the "Indian made Trac-II clone" Gallant II platinum cartridge razor of which it's overall performance is was significantly better to the Treet Swift II Platinum providing an acceptable smooth near BBS head shave. If I had to choose which i prefer then it would be the Gallant II platinum purely because the closeness that it gives is significantly better than the Treet Swift II Platinum. That being said, both razors are equal in smoothness & comfortable.

I will continue to add the Gallant II Platinum for my head shaves throughout the month duration of the month, and beyond purely to use the cartridge heads.

I have carried on for with my revisiting blade focus using the Super Shave X Platinum blade which are manufactured in china made of Swedish steel and paired together admirably with the Baili BD177 wonderfully.

The Baili BD177 (super-speed clone) is an incredibly good razor, out of all my super-speed clone razors this is my favourite each and every shave that I've had with it has been consistent comfortable, and close. Today yet again, was no exception.

the Vitos Vegetal another wonderfully 'Full On' vibrant sweet almond scented shaving soap to start my first weekend 0f 2024 off in style. If you like almond scented shaving products this shaving soap will blow you always with it's fragrance performance and post shave feel...Superb stuff!

An acceptable close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off a with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
20240105_204634.jpg
My Shave today consisted of...

Brush Highlander LE2023 Badger.
Soap Sterling Haverford.
Razors Occam's O.R.E.N dot ... & Gillette Raz=r
Blade Feather Pro Super.
Aftershave Sterling Haverford.

Today I changed the plate in the O.R.E.N to the 3 dot plate and I think it might be the one I stick with but the next few days will tell.
I really enjoyed the shave today as the O.R.E.N pretty much sang to me the whole time with it's wonderful feedback and no cuts yet, so big plus.
As usual I look simply stunning and now of out to work and break a few ladies hearts when they realise I am already taken.
Enjoy the day ahead everyone .

Today's shave:

rdt240106.jpg

- Black Ship Grooming We Three Kings
- SOC/Oumo SHD Manchurian
- G&F Timor ZOÉ with Feather blade
- Denim Original aftershave

:D

SOTD: 06/01/2024

Razor: Merkur Futur
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux, 5th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Crema Pre Barba con Olio Di Sandalo Cream
Soap: Tabac Original Puck
Aftershave: Tabac Original Craftsman Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Aluin
Additional Care: Koud Water

Enjoy the weekend!

6 January

Signature Soaps Eboracum
Simpson Duke 3
Merkur 37c
Feather Hi-Stainless
Bart’s Balm Ben Kilbreck

F0059E49-71BD-4887-9275-CC759188C1CE.jpeg
A really smooth two pass shave with an impressively close finish this morning. I loved the whole process from start to finish. Signature Soaps and Bart’s Balms impress me every time I use them.

Saturday, January 6, 2024

PreShave: Hot water—from the tap
Cream: GFT Eucris
Brush: A synthetic brush supplied with the below
Bowl: A pewter mug given to me by my wife
Razor: Merkur 23C
Blade: Gillette Goal (1)
Post Shave: Alum

I bought a few tucks of the Goals during a recent trip to Indonesia. They are made in China for the Indonesian market; and are very rough. As a result the morning’s shave was not at all pleasant. Time to use another blade.

6 January

Signature Soaps Eboracum
Simpson Duke 3
Merkur 37c
Feather Hi-Stainless
Bart’s Balm Ben Kilbreck

View attachment 115389
A really smooth two pass shave with an impressively close finish this morning. I loved the whole process from start to finish. Signature Soaps and Bart’s Balms impress me every time I use them.
Thank you. All the best for 2024, Brian

06/01/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Blue Resin 26mm Silvertip
Soap - OSP Spice Road
Razor - Blutt BR1 - 0.86
Blade - Personna Platinum
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - OSP Spice Road
Wk 02 (1).jpg
A very nice shave.
I am going to run the OSP Spice Rd till its gone.
Enjoy your day all.

• Edwin Jagger 3one6
  • Personna Platinum (3)
  • MWF
  • Omega 10066
  • Bull Dog Original Balm
Love, love the Personna & 3one6 combo. Never lets me down. Clean, smooth and fuss free shaves. Increasingly impressed with the Bull Dog balm. New to the range. The shower gel is excellent too. Thank you Santa.

Last edited:
6/1/24

Soap - Arko Hydrate
Brush - Omega Goodfellas Smile Wild Hog
Razor - Flat Bottom Tech
Blade - Astra Superior Stainless (3)
AS - Boots Freshwood

IMG_20240106_163057.jpg

This particular brush right now is my favourite. Now that it's fully broken in it's quite efficient for not eating much lather. Most of my brushes are around the 22-24mm, but there's something very pleasing about the Wild Hog's 26mm knot with a 57mm loft, it's not too floppy.
I'm a little late to the show for how good the Boots Freshwood splash is. I know there are a few fans of it here.

Anyway gents, have a good weekend.

Back
Top Bottom