SOTD : Saturday 5th October - Friday 11th October 2019.

Mon 7th Oct.

RazoRock Syn. 22mm
Lea classic soap
Alu.Hawk V1 / Windrose handle
Schick Proline [ 7 ]
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

This Budget Razor when fitted with a heftier handle really performs very well. I have no problems getting a good shave with it as it can be used with precision to clear away the growth from the most awkward of areas. A very pleasant start to the Week.

IMG_0652.jpg

SOTD 20191007.
gKqtTuo.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (green).
J&T® zebrano / OUMO Brush SHD WT finest 2-band.
Proraso shaving soap (green).
PAA PHNX Injector type L-1.
Schick Proline B (4).
Proraso ASL (green).

07/10/19

Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Feather (3)
Brush: FS Chubby Silvertip
Soap: T&H Grafton
Pre: Proraso Red
ASL: Osma Alum
ASB: T&H Grafton
Scent: T&H Grafton

IMG_20191007_111816.jpg

A quick 2 pass today for a socially acceptable result. The 37C/Feather combo has proven itself a smooth operator. This is my third daily shave on the trot and I have no soreness. The Grafton is a nice smelling range even if the cream and balm seem very lightly scented.

7/10/19

Brush - Yaqi Rainbow/Faux Horse
Soap - Mr Vicco
Razor - Souplex Bakelite
Blade - Gillette Wilkinson Sword China (2)
Post - Witch Hazel
Balm - Nivea Replenishing
AS - Akcay Tobacco

The MIC GWS felt a little too sharp in the Fat Handle Tech in yesterday's shave so paired the blade with a milder razor head (even milder!) with the Souplex Bakelite, and the blade felt very smooth but the shave didn't feel close enough but it was a very comfortable shave for the 3.5 passes.

Anyway chaps, have a good start to the week.

07/10/2019
Pre : Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Synth
Soap: MWF
Razor: Rockwell 6S #2 Plate
Blade: Personna Med Prep (2)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Astringent with added oils
Balm: Barts Bergamot & Vanilla Balm and Lotion
Aftershave: Copycat Executive

PA070006.JPG

1st time use of the Med Prep in the 6S, i used the #2 plate and it was very smooth.
3 Passes for a BBS comfortable finish, very happy with that. #3 plate loaded for the next run out.
Feeling and smelling really good.
Have a great day All.

SOTD Saturday 05 - Monday 07 October 2019

Pre-shave: Warm shower, Wright's cold tar soap, cold water splash.
Soap: Martin de Candre Fougere .
Brush: Shavemac ' The Flat Top'.
Bowl: Giles Shaving Co - Spotty Pedestal.
Razor: Colonial Razors - The General v2.0.
Blade: Kai Captain (Pink) (3).
Post: Floid Vigoroso followed by Skye Soap Co - Gentleman's shaving balm - Cedarwood and Sage.
EDP: Captain Fawcett Booze and Backy, Eau de Parfum.

The General v2.0 arrived on Saturday; customs fee pad - first run out Saturday afternoon. First impression solid well built, yet nimble/agile in the hand - on a par with the Blackland Vector. The quality of the razor in tems of build and design in my view is excellent. I love the Blackland Vector; the General v2.0 is in the same ball park - yet it feels more robust, Vector, in my view projects a slight sense of fragility.

In terms of shave - early days, it is up there with some of the best SE razors that I have been fortunate to enjoy. 3 Passes: WTG, ATG and XTG - no issues to report. I appreciate as ever that YMMV :)

I will try and post some pictures soon.

I was looking for a more substantial i.e. heavier post shave balm, to protect my skin from the elements - that said I have an office job and I don't get that exposed to the wind and rain; the Skye Soap Co - Gentleman's shaving balm fits the bill; good 'botanical' ingredients with assocated benefits for the skin, along with decent protective layer.

@Digimonkey Iain; sorry to hear about your boiler - we had what sounds a similar problem, the central heating OK - but no hot water. It happened a few times, each time SWMBO and I had been away for a few days holiday/break. In any event, the problem was a stuck valve in the boiler after a few days inactivity; in the end we had to get he valve replaced and no issues since. Hope it is a problem that is easily fixed.

All the best,

Chris

All the best,

Chris

obqLB0v.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Silvertip Badger
Soap: Murphy & McNeil Claddagh
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: NOS Personna P74 Med Prep (3)
Scent: APR The Santal EdP

It is no exaggeration to say that this evening's shave was exceptional. I continue to be impressed with the Murphy and McNeil soaps. They are very easy to lather, and the sheen generated has to be seen to be believed. The P74 blade, securely held by the Blackbird, glided around my face with ridiculous ease, allowing me to get very close blade/skin contact yet with a very light touch. Three supremely comfortable passes and I am BBS.
Decided to treat myself to a splash of APR's The Santal - the purest expression of sandalwood that I have encountered.

Pre-shave:- None
Bowl/Scuttle:- None
Brush:- None
Soap/Cream:- Badger Gel
Razor/Blade:- Wilkinson classic and Topaz (1)
Post/After-shave: Cocoa Butter
Fragrance:- None

Really good shave today, nice and fasr and smooth shave, I have seen poor reviews of the Topaz but it worked well enough for me. Going to run this for a couple of days and then try the blade in a Gillette Tech. Next blade is a Shark.

Monday morning and back to work after a lovely weekend. Reached for the 1956 Gillette Red Tip Super Speed today really just to satisfy my curiosity as to how aggressive this razor was. I have been on a kick of “aggressive” razors including the Blackland Dart, iKon Tech, Timeless Bronze OC .78 all excellent and efficient. I remember being able to feel the Red Tip compared to other Super Speeds In my collection. Well I loaded up with a Bolzano to give it a go.

Tabac was the soap of choice and today was the shave stick. I also have the traditional soap in the ceramic bowl. I love Tabac in all its glory! So easy to get a lather going with this stick especially when you have a wall of Badger like the Chubby 2 working it up! Very slick and smooth!

So with Red Tip in hand I got through a wonderful two pass shave. Smooth, smooth! No where near as aggressive as I remember which I might just attribute to the really efficient ones I have been using of late. Still a wonderful razor the Red Tip Super Speed.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Red Tip Super Speed 1956
Blade: Bolzano Superinox
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Lather: Tabac Original Shave Stick
Aftershave: Tabac Original
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza
6D49E436-7998-4522-9FA2-A4C026D92BAF.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom