SOTD : Saturday 5th October - Friday 11th October 2019.

Last holiday shave after 9 days on Sicily we fly back tomorrow. Brian's small signature soap makes for the perfect travel size and lathered nicely in the hotel room coffee cup. Using Nacet blade foe the first time. Feels great in the new but just starting to tug after 4 uses and the other half's legs!

Attachments

• 05A2C0C6-06F3-4EB6-B4EA-422267DBFC64.jpeg
    05A2C0C6-06F3-4EB6-B4EA-422267DBFC64.jpeg
    20.4 KB · Views: 12
Sunday 6th October
Zenith Olive Wood Synth - Wolfpac Italian Orchard - TNNSER 3D - GEM SSC #2 - Alum - Selin Lemon Cologne - Aloe Vera Gel
C6oNAIi.jpg

The TNNSER 3D. As endorsed by Homer.

Sun 6th Oct.

Cyril Salter/ Maseto ED 2band
P & B Spitfire
ATT SE1 / Windrose handle
Schick Proline [5 ]
P & B Spitfire A/S Spash

I get really nice smooth and comfortable Shaves with the ATT combined with a non stock handle. This combo is neither too heavy or light and is very manoeuvrable, making it very easy to shave in all areas without difficulty. Today with an excellent lather from the P&B soap the shave went very well
and a nice close all round finish was attained.

IMG_0651.jpg

6 October

SV 70th Anniversary
Omega 11842
EJ 3one6
Personna med prep
SV 70th Anniversary asl

723DDD56-62FB-4467-9ABA-7CA99B1C0593.jpeg

Excellent shave this morning, removing two days of stubble to smooth in two passes. The Omega brush, against expectations, held plenty of lather for two passes after only it's second shave. I'm impressed.

6/10/19

Brush - Yaqi Rainbow/Faux Horse
Soap - Palmolive Menthol Cream
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Gillette Wilkinson Sword China (1)
Post - Witch Hazel
Balm - Nivea Replenishing
AS - Bens Menthol Bay Rum

Whilst I'm set using the same set up to test blades I decided to give a go to another blade in the same category as the Indian Gillette Wilkinson Sword & Winner, another blade for the Indian market - the Made in China Gillette Wilkinson Sword. In comparison to the other ones, the MIC GWS lacks a little smoothness is the sharpest of the 3 blades and I'd say it's one of Gillette sharper blades. I could feel the results of the sharper blade, there seemed to be a lot less left when it came to the additional clean up pass around the jawline.

Anyway chaps, have a good Sunday.

Last holiday shave after 9 days on Sicily we fly back tomorrow. Brian's small signature soap makes for the perfect travel size and lathered nicely in the hotel room coffee cup. Using Nacet blade foe the first time. Feels great in the new but just starting to tug after 4 uses and the other half's legs!
Thanks for all your support Paul. Wet in Knutsford today!

Sunday 6th October

Clubman Shave Butter (Pre Shave)
Stirling Pumpkin Spice Shaving Soap
FS 24mm new generation synthetic brush
Focus R48 Slim-Al with a Gillette/Wilkinson Blade
Witch Hazel
Clubman Brandy Spice AS
Macadamia Oil

After a rough night shift....I needed a proper chill out and this certainly delivered!
2 passes with just a little touch up fora a smooth and comfortable 'Face Feeler' :)

Last edited:
Pre-shave:- None
Bowl/Scuttle:- None
Brush:- None
Soap/Cream:- Bulldog
Razor/Blade:- Gillette with 6 day old Wilkinson
Post/After-shave: Cocoa Butter
Fragrance:- None

Bit of a rough shave, the Wilkinson blade has now gone to the blade bank.

Next in line is the Wilkinson Classic with a Topaz blade.

Back
Top Bottom