SOTD : Saturday 5th October - Friday 11th October 2019.

Sat 5th October

RazoRock Syn. 24mm
P &B Citra Royale
ES Claymore V1 / Ikon handle
Schick Proline [ 1 ]
Alcolado Glacial A/S Lotion

The usual Good Shave with the Claymore especially with a fresh blade on board, feels quite hefty after using the light Occams V2 for over a week when away. However, the weight does not cause any problems, and I had no problems getting a very good close all round finish.

IMG_0650.jpg

A nice array of Turkish shaving goods you have there. I really like the no nonsense functionality of Turkish shaving supplies, the Tobacco splashes in particular. What's the brush like? It looks on the bigger side of things, 25mm wide knot and 60mm loft? I've been meaning to pick up a Jaguar shaving brush one day.

5/10/19

Brush - Yaqi Rainbow/Faux Horse
Soap - Palmolive Menthol Cream
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Gillette Winner (1)
Post - Witch Hazel
Balm - Nivea Replenishing
AS - Bens Menthol Bay Rum

I'm using the same variables from yesterday's shave but with a new Gillette Winner in the razor opposed to yesterday's Indian Gillette Wilkinson Sword to see whether they are different blades or the same blade but with a different wrapper/markings. Obviously it's difficult to tell the differences between blades over 2 separate days/shaves but I genuinely can't the difference between these two blades or well if there are differences they are so slight to not really matter too much.
It'd been a while since I used either blade and I forgot they are actually exceptional blades. Both blades aren't the sharpest, but are both very smooth and forgiving - not a million miles from the Astra SP but I'd say I prefer both of these Indian blades.

Anyway chaps, have a good weekend.

A nice array of Turkish shaving goods you have there. I really like the no nonsense functionality of Turkish shaving supplies, the Tobacco splashes in particular. What's the brush like? It looks on the bigger side of things, 25mm wide knot and 60mm loft? I've been meaning to pick up a Jaguar shaving brush one day.
25mm wide knot and 60mm loft is the size'Prox', the boar knot i suspect is from china..which is common these days, any mass produced cheap expensive, good or bad products are made in china. -"the no nonsense functionality of Turkish shaving supplies" describes why i like them too,..It also describes my practical humble shave set ups.

The brush it'self isn't top draw material,it has a slight 'Donut hole' but hey!,it holds the lather well after a pre-soak in warm water performed wonderfully for my face & head shave this morning..I look forward to using it in my future shaves.

Last edited:
Saturday AM 2019-10-05

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney 1/1 Faux Horn Finest (22/45)
Floris Elite shaving soap (tallow)
Timeless Polished Titanium SB
Polsilver Super Iridium (8)
Floris Elite aftershave (vintage)
LoI5o1T.jpg

05/10/19
Pre shave Prep: Pears Original Transparent
Brush: Alpha Titanium Outlaw G4
Soap: Arran Machrie
Razor: Gamechanger OC 0.84
Blade: Astra SP (4)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Arran Machrie
Aftershave: Arran Machrie

GCOC.jpg

A fine 3 pass shave today leaving me BBS and comfortable.
I like these Arran products, they really work for me,
Enjoy the rest of your evening All.

Fri 4th Oct
Prep: Face wash Wilko
Cream: SuperMax Classic
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Timberwolf
Razor: Ever Ready 1912
Blade: GEM coated (3)
AS: Superdrug Forrest Fresh
ASB: Boots Freshwood

Sat 5th Oct
Prep: Shower Nivea cool
Cream: Shave Doctor
Brush: DS cosmetics 28mm Tux
Razor: GEM Featherweight
Blade: GEM coated
ASB: Shave Doctor Cool

SOTD : 6th October 2019.

o.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Original Source ~ Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Omega 10077.

Face Lather.

Uber/Superlather: Williams Shaving Mug Soap / Derby Normal Shaving Cream + 6 Drops of Glycerin.

Blade: Personna ~ Gem PTFE.(2)

Razor: Ever Ready 1912. (US)

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Gummy ~ Traditional Turkish Lavender Cologne.

The Real Shaving Co. ~ SPF15 Anti-Ageing Moisturiser.

Greetings,

A relaxing sunday morning shave.

After yesterday's phenomenal bbs shave with the very efficient gem open comb micromatic,the smooth mildness of the ever ready 1912 (US) is very noticeable indeed..The Ever Ready 1912 vintage SE razors are a sheer pleasure to shave with, once you've adjusted to the required shaving angle training your mind to use the lightest of touch, & good shaving technique these vintage SE razors will reward you with some sublime shaves.

The derby normal shaving cream doesn't have much of a fragrance, which isn't a great issue for me, mixed together with the williams mug soap created a superb slick protective lather for the shave, leaving a equally post shave feel to my face.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of The Real Shaving Co. ~ SPF15 Anti-Ageing Moisturiser.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine. ;)

Enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen.:cool:

Date:- 06 October 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Honeycomb (Blue) Synth. Tuxedo 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ St. Barts
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB SS 'D' / Wizamet Polsilver Brown Stainless #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

06/10/2019
Pre shave: Pears Original Transparent
Brush: RR 400
Soap: Arran Lochranza
Razor: Gamechanger SB 0.84
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Post Shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Neroli Witch Hazel
Balm: Arran Lochranza
Aftershave: Arran Lochranza

GCAR.jpg

A late post yesterday as we had a decorator in all day.
An early post this morning as he will be back to finish the job.
Up steps the GC-SB 0.84 to do the honors.
2 passes for a very nice finish.
I am ready for the day and my visit with the Mothership.
Enjoy your Sunday all.

Back
Top Bottom