SOTD : Saturday 5th October - Friday 11th October 2019.

No worries P. - auspicious timing in passing that on. If you are in the market for picking stuff up - there is a Corte Ingles department store in Torremolinos - even given the current lunacy of the exchange rate - shaving stuff is still cheaper in Spain than here - particularly domestic brands. All ECI stores are basically laid out the same - on the ground floor - next to the scent department - will be the posher stuff - you should find a good choice from the Alvarez Gomez, Lea, Floid, Nivea and La Toja ranges - normally they carry a decent selection of Vie Long and Omega brushes also. If you go into the supermarket - in the basement - you will get more basic stuff cheaper than upstairs - Lea and La toja sticks, cream, balm and aftershaves. If you haven't tried them - I'd thoroughly recommend Williams Ice Cool Menthol cream in a tube - performance is way above the couple of euros it costs - and the Spanish version of Williams Aqua Velva after shave - proper old school product - I think you'd like it - about six euros odd for 200 ml. Ten unas buenas vacaciones - I.

Thanks Iain

I think I'll pick up some Aqua Velva and some Lea soap/sticks - along with the blue seaweed aftershave.
Some Alvarez Gomez cologne would be nice ( if I can get it past my better half ! )

As usual, I am well and truly enabled !

Sotd-8-10-19.jpg

Sotd - yesterday - Monday the 7th of October.

Razor - ER Streamline
blade - Gem vintage (3)
soap - PAA - CaD - vegetarian
brush - AP Shave silksmoke
post - witch hazel
a/s - Aqua Velva - Spanish version
balm - La Toja classic.

Result - all good.

I still haven't got the heating fixed - being unable to find the paperwork necessary - that's what happens when you tidy up - I shan't do it again - instead - in the interim - to make the best of it - deciding that cold showers are character building - you get used to it - good for your moral fibre. Cold showers and buggery - put the great in Great Britain after all - ha ha. Shaving with cold water is no compromise at all. I'd only ever previously taken this approach when it was very warm - so - in Scotland - that's the third Wednesday after Pentecost - once in a generation. It works just fine for me. Enjoy your shaves - one and all - yours - I.

Tuesday

The Fat
Yaqi Red Marble Tuxedo synth
Face lather
ER 1912 (Made in England)
Gem SS PTFE (1)
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Proraso M & E after shave

I didn't think there would be much left after the R41 shave last night. Which is why I chose another assertive fellow tonight (!). Needless to say, I'm cue ball smooth; albeit with a couple of small weepers on the ‘tache area. Taken care of, courtesy of Mr. Thayer and Signor Proraso.

D84C80B7-9EEF-471C-BD5C-955E9D317A55.jpeg

Prep: Razorock pre barba
Bowl: Ceramiche di Sicilia
Brush: Thäter Fünf
Soap: Acqua di Parma Collezione Barbiere
Razor: Razorock Gamechanger 0.84 on LAW Ripple Handle
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless
AS Lotion: Acqua di Parma Colonia intensa
AS Balm: Acqua di Parma Collezione Barbiere

SOTD_20191008.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

SOTD Tuesday 08 October 2019.

Pre-shave: Warm shower, Wright's cold tar soap, cold water splash followed by Jack Black Epic Moisture MP10.
Soap: OSP Bay Rum.
Brush: Simpsons The Duke 2 Pure Badger.
Bowl: Giles Shaving Co - Spotty Pedestal.
Razor: Pils 101NL.
Blade: Feather (1).
Post: Pitralon Swiss, followed by Ibiza Aloe - Aloe Vera Gel.
EDP: Captain Fawcett Booze and Backy Eau de Parfum.

As I can find it hard to maintain the 'sweet spot' with the Pils, I want to keep my hand in and have this in regular rotation; a decent 3 pass shave WTG, XTG and ATG with DFS+ / BBS- finish.

Some minor razor burn on the right side of my neck; I went for a very shallow angle (handle close to paraleal with the floor) :-(

Will try again tomorrow.

All the best,

Chris

Date:- 09 October 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ Summer Fig
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock MJ-90A / Voskhod #3
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

Tuesday Chill Shave

Ingram Cream
YaqI Tuxedo Marble Handle
Rockwell 6C plate 4
Gillette Platinum (4)
Proraso Green ASL

A very refreshingly, satisfying shave with Ingram Cream.
Protection, glide and residual slickness were top notch.
Platinum blade on it's fourth use stood up very well and felt comfortable throughout.
Finished with Proraso Green Aftershave - a final menthol tingly flourish.

09/10/19

Razor: Yaqi Aluminium DOC
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Brush: Yaqi Cola 24mm
Soap: EJ Sandalwood
Pre: Proraso Green
ASL: Nil
ASB: EJ Sandalwood
Scent: T&H Sandalwood

IMG_20191009_060155.jpg

A truly barbaric shave today with the travel set-up. I should have spared myself the discomfort and shaved with a spoon!! This razor is too light for me.

To top it all off, I've realised as I'm writing this that I've actually put EJ pre-shave on as my post-shave and it's not soaking in so I now look like some creamy faced simpleton!

Back
Top Bottom