SOTD : Saturday 5th June to Friday 11th June 2021.

Just dried out more, I reckon.

I've had a puck that I could pull out like putty, mould into a ball and press into another pot. Conversely, I've had a stick that I had to rehydrate once grated to get it mouldable.

Interesting.

I bought both pucks from a Turkish supermarket, and they were both rock solid when I bought them. My Arko stick is quite firm as well, but it definitely doesn't have as much glycerine as the pucks.

08/06/21
Pre: Shower, Cold water Face Rinse
Brush: Simpson Duke 2 Best
Soap: Proraso Green
Razor: Blackland Tradere
Blade: Rapira Chrome Super Stainless (1)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Proraso Green
Aftershave: Proraso Green

Another 1st for me using the Rapira Chrome super stainless, now discontinued i believe.
A very easy face lather with the brush holding plenty of lather for the shave, menthol was not my favourite when i first started out, however, it is now growing on me during this warm spell we are having.
The Tradere is just a dream to use for me, it is up there at the top of my collection, fitted with the Rapira it has given a very comfortable shave from 2 passes and a touch up here and there, again the blade does not feel like one of the sharpest i have used although it was smooth, i do not know what the longevity will be like?
I did get some indication from the splash, just letting me know how close a shave it is, this calmed very quickly and i am now sitting in a nice cooling Menthol glow, i do not think i would like it any stronger than this though.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

8 June

Pannacrema Nuàvia Blu
Simpson M7 Manchurian
Rockwell 6S (R4)
Personna med prep
Bart’s Amber and Moroccan Jasmine asb

The Simpson M7 is a lovely soft tipped brush, and it produced a thick creamy lather this morning. The Rockwell did it’s usual efficient job and the result was a smooth face. Objective achieved with style.

Tuesday AM 2021-06-08
Parking meter invented on this date, 1936

Rooney Emillion 1 Porcelain Finest (24/48)
Crabtree & Evelyn Sweet Almond Oil shaving cream (vintage)
Haircut & Shave P075-SB Mixed Metal Black/Triad Pineapple Brass
Polsilver Super Iridium (9)
RazoRock R-160 Sweet Almond aftershave balm

The cream made fantastic lather once again. The H&S razor head feels like I am holding a big wooden mallet in my hand, but it gives me an excellent close shave. And the balm is one of the few that I really like; it's a shame it is no longer made.

Prep: Shower pears soap and PAA cube.

Pre: PAA cube

Soap: Saponificio Varesino stella alpina

Brush: Yaqi Cavern Lake Two Band Badger Hair

Razor: Rockwell Model T

Blade: Persona Viking Sword

Post: Alum, Baxter’s of California Shave Tonic and Baxter’s aftershave balm.

Only the two little nicks today, both reopened older ones from the last few days cuts! I think I’m getting the hang of it! The soap smelt amazing but it was a little thinner than I’d like. Despite the glue bump the Yaqi gather a great lather. I’m still loving and wary of the Model T!

Attachments

• 6B518E10-C400-4378-BC47-30DB90292C3A.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 5
Summertime arrived today in Norway so i went for the SolCal Hipster a stunning summertime Scent.
I have to take the opportunity as summer might be away tomorrow lol
Pre = Fitjar Islands charcoal bar
Razor = 1966 Birth Year Gillette Superspeed
Blade = Gillette Silver Blue
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Soap = Ariana & Evans Solcal Hipster
Matching Splash
Balm = Nivea.

Brilliant Razor this Superspeed but takes me a bit to find the angle,
paired with the Gillette Silver Blue it gave me just the right amount of aggression.
i actually don’t use this razor enough and it’s up there with my favourites

What is the haverford scent like? To you're nose.