SOTD : Saturday 5th June to Friday 11th June 2021.

Wednesday SOTD

axjs1pt.png

Yates 921-H Stonewashed / Gillette Nacet
Heritage Ever-Ready 26mm Maggard SHD Fan
Fine Accoutrements Stoneware Lather Bowl
Barrister and Mann Oceana Soft Heart & AS

198832308_888653665019309_3760447829484035968_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Pre: Proraso Green
Soap: Proraso Green
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Super-Max Blue Diamond (3)

I have nothing to add to today's picture, save to say today was the perfect day for a menthol hit. So have a crap joke instead:

Two gobstoppers are in a pub having a conversation. The first one is adamant that he's so hard he could take any sweet in the place. A humbug walks in and the lairy gobstopper goes right up to him and says "Come on then, come on dyawannafightabaatit?" "No," replies the humbug," I just want to enjoy a quiet drink with my friend the Haribo bear over there."
A Sherbet Lemon walks in to join the others and as he's sitting down the gobstopper comes up to them and says "Come on then! One at a time or all together, I'll take you all on!!" And the three just cower in the corner.
Then a Fisherman's Friend lozenge walks in and the gobstopper dives over the bar and crouches underneath, shivering with fright. The barman looks down and asks him what the matter is " I thought you said you was hard?"
"I'm not going near him!" says the Gobstopper, "He's Menthol!!!" :whistle:

tenor (2).gif

Wed 9th June

The Grosvenor - 404 mixed
Blues Shaving Soap
ES Claymore V1-Ikon B/Dog handle
Kai CT Protouch MG [ 11]
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

I have used lots of different relatively cheap and this very cheap soap with this Razor /Blade combo,, and all Shaves have gone well. Now on an 11th outing and getting a smooth and comfortable Shave, and a very nice close all round finish.

IMG_1512.jpg

Last edited:
9/6/21

Pre - Unscented Soap Bar
Shaving Soap - Arko Puck
Brush - Zenith Euro X
Razor - Souplex Bakelite DE
Blade - Feather (1)
Post - Lea 0%
AS - Brut Oceans

A while back, my friend and Cornish tourist enthusiast Paul aka @Blademonkey sent me a selection of blades including some Feathers, which I've used a few times before today but I've never really taken them as I found them a little rough and unforgiving, and as it'd been a while since I last used one I thought I'd take a new one out for today's shave.

First things first, this particular batch of Feathers for whatever reason the wax on the blade has run and turned into a sticky orange mess, which from my last outing using one was so sticky, it stuck both sides of the razor together and was a little tricky to take apart at the end of the shave, so I wiped off the wax using some nail polish remover (why do I have nail polish remover? to take off excess wax from Feather blades of course!) and I was amazed how much dark orange wax residue was on the paper at the end.

Another superb slick glossy lather with the Arko puck and Zenith Euro X, which really is a great brush, the unbleached Zenith boars are very enjoyable brushes to use for face lathering.

I paired the blade with one of my mildest razor heads, and the first stroke reminded me why I'm a little apprehensive of Feather blades, it felt very sharp and not massively smooth, but on the second stroke it was delightfully smooth, and that's how the reminder of the shave for the entire 2.5 passes went. My face felt delightfully smooth and comfortable at the end of the shave, not much if any post shave alcohol burn too.

A truly delightful shave today, I'm not really one to give my shavings a rating but if I did it would be one of the higher scores.

Have a good day gents.

09/06/21
Pre: Shower, Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush: Semogue SOC TAJ Boar
Soap: Palmolive / Maca Root Superlather
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (2)
Post shave: Cold water splash ,TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: TC's Vetiver & Clary Sage infused Argan Oil Balm
Aftershave: Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green
Wk23 (5).JPG
Giddup! what a nice shave, i am liking this blade, it gives plenty of feedback through the razor, is a smooth as glass and is leaving me, oh so comfortable.
This Smog hog is definitely feeling softer and getting well broken in, worth the time i have put in on it.
2 Passes and a little buffing on the whirlpools for an easy BBS finish.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Back
Top Bottom