SOTD : Saturday 3th July to Friday 9nd July 2021.

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Taj Resin 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap ~ Autumn Glory
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Gillette Minora Stainless #10
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Tonight Tipple:- Jack Daniel's

Mon 5th SR SOTD
Soap Arko Stick
Brush Yaqi 28mm Tuxedo
Razor Dorko Solingen 7/8 Near Wedge
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Hyaluronic + Old Spice Original
The ever-reliable soap! Nice pleasant scent, creamy and slick lather perfect for SR...
Should have been a GEM Monday but ever since my straight razors are honed up...I am like a kid just learning how to cycle...can't get enough...hahaha
The shave with this Dorko was uneventful and managed to get 3passes for a ccs to sas result without any issues within 30mins (morning workday rush). Hmmm...strangely, somehow I prefer that ZY430 yesterday...hahaha!
Aftershaves were awesome.
20210704_230103.jpg
20210705_071308.jpg

Monday 07.05.21 SOTD
RazoRock Game Changer .68P
Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
Frank Shaving 26mm G4 Synthetic
Fine Snake Bite Shaving Soap & AS

p6xJPFZ.jpg

214392482_817259482297755_2923332531617491741_n.jpg
Prep: Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: TFS Professional
Brush: 26mm Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette London Bridge (2)

Another day, similar setup. The brush has been switched for the only Yaqi I own with a noticeable error - 26mm knot in a 24mm handle! Huge volume of lather from the bigger, floppier knot and a flawless finish with the London Bridge. If this week is teaching me anything, it's that I do swap things around willy-nilly, and three days with the same soap is not an inconvenience! Pretty sure I'll be ready to be a bit frivolous by the weekend though ;)

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Monday 5th July 2021

Shave Score 9.8 \ 10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower \ Baxters Face Scrub
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol"
Soap: Extra - Felce Biancospino
Brush: Yaqi 26mm - Timber Wolf
Razor: Merkur Progress 500 (4,4,2)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Post Shave ASL: Figaro - BluIce
Post Shave Balm: Baxters Balm
Post Shave Cologne: N\A

Haven't used a Nacet blade in a good while, a great blade, and a good BBS shave.

Have a good week all.

Joe

IMG_1216.jpeg

BE76C767-F630-4C22-81DF-2AFF4C2FB324.jpeg

Shavemac TSR L.E.
Rockwell 6c (3)
Gillette Minora ()
Ach Brito Mogno
Thayer’s Cucumber witch hazel
Pinaud Lime Sec

Seen this soap featured increasingly in sotd posts, but had not really considered buying it, mainly because I’ve got far too many soaps. I always think of the film Blazing Saddles when I see this soap. Don’t know why?

38CD8501-EF60-4331-9157-F6F4E227DFFB.jpeg

I was lucky enough to receive a free puck/cake/rectangle shaped thing from the current Shaving Station promotion, and I’m impressed. I can’t see what that shape of the soap brings to the party, but I applied it like a shave stick and it performed admirably. Very slick and pretty good cushion. It has a really nice marine scent that is quite similar to one of my favourite edt’s, Bulgari Aqua.

First use of the Minora stainless blade also, which I found to be sharp and smooth.

Telegram to me, must use this soap regularly.

Enjoy your chaps.

Last edited:
Prep: Hot water + Brickell charcoal face wash.
Brush: Semogue 2000 Boar
Razor: Gillette rocket HD
Blade: vertice euromax platinum coated (2)
Lather: TFS Almond
Post Shave: Bart's balm - Specimen A

3 pass shave for DFS.

Started by rubbing the TFS block on my face, and then trying to lather it up with Semogue boar 2000. But the boars as always tend to eat up the lather.. so off to rub it well on the TFS, and then hitting the bowl with it.

Lathered up a good amount of lather for 4 passes. TFS is definitely a good soap. Using Gillette rocket HD - nice razor albeit on mild side for me. I'd put it only a little bit more aggressive than tech. 3 passes, and it turned into DFS - face mostly bbs, but neck definitely just DFS. Slight itching on the neck area too - not sure what it's caused by.

Definitely not the soap, so maybe the blade/angle of it? or potentially the boar hair? Not sure. Finished off with bart's balm - specimen A. Not gonna comment on this until everyone who received the samples will have an opinion on them all - then will just post that up in one thread.

Will post a pic up later! :)

05/07/21
Pre: Shower,
Brush: Razorock 400
Soap: OSP Eucalyptus & Menthol
Razor: Pearl Flexi Adjustable V6 #3,#2.5
Blade: Personna Med Prep (4)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Proraso Green
Aftershave: OSP Eucalyptus & Menthol
Wk 27 (8).JPG
A fine cooling shave today with the OSP E&M and the Flexi, 2 passes on #3 then an ATG pass on 2.5 resulting in a DFS++ very comfortable finish. I only noticed the 2 areas of very light roughness during the post shave. For me, the Flexi is a little behind the Rex on efficiency on the same settings, very easily remedied. It really is a very good razor for the money it costs.
The Med prep get another run out tomorrow.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Back
Top Bottom