SOTD : Saturday 3th July to Friday 9nd July 2021.

04/07/2021

Razor: Hiram Commander (2 dot)
Blade: Feather Pro (1)
Brush: Wickham Alpha Gothic 28mm
Soap: Wickham Gothic Revival
ASL: Wickham Gothic Revival
ASB: Wickham Gothic Revival

View attachment 72918

A great shave today. Maiden voyage for the Hiram Commander and it's my kind of razor. I love the scent of the Gothic Revival - inspired to use by some recent conversation.

Goth Goth Goth Goth Goth Goth Goth Goth ... Goth!
Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black ... even Blacker!!!

Prep: Face wash with Baxter of California facial scrub
Pre: ES Pre Shave Oil
Razor: Gillette Fatboy
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Frank Shaving
S Soap: Extro Cosmesi - The End (sample)

A vintage shave.
My first shave with the recently acquired Gillette Fatboy. I now fully understand why all the fuss about this razor. I think I can honestly say I just had the most comfortable yet efficient shave ever.
Loaded with a Voskhod blade and placed on setting 3 (did not change it for the entire shave) the razor was just gliding on, clearing everything in its path with great ease. I am truly impressed. I might as well just sell the rest of the gear I have.
I bought a dozen of soap samples and slowly going through them. Due to razor choice I decided to start with Extro Cosmesi - The End a tribute soap to Brut. Creamy slick lather, scent is exactly there in Brut territory.
Finished off with Brut splash on (ran out of AS) and then complimentary EDT.
Enjoy your Sunday ladies & gents.
20210704_094705.jpg

3lNF17X.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club LE 2012 Mixed Badger/Boar
Soap: Valobra
Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Floid Blue Aftershave Lotion
Scent: D.R. Harris Traditional Cologne

First shave with the 37C. It's been a while since I used a slant, so it took a while for the muscle memory to kick in with the head orientation whilst shaving.
Pretty happy with the result, and I'm confident it will be better next time out.

20210704_111835.jpg
SOTD 3rd July
Pre - PAA Cube
Brush - Omega S Brush
Soap - Wickhams Parma Violet
Razor - Supply V2 - comfort 2 dot plate
Blade - Supply injector #4
Post - Mennen Skin Bracer and Barts Balm Lavender

Another close and smooth 3 passes. Getting the hang of the adjustment in shaving angle and enjoying how nimble the razor is around moustache area when compared to 1912. In terms of efficiency I'm thinking it's a smidge less efficient than the 1912 with this 2 dot plate.
Nice to feel the extra scritch of the Omega brush and whipped up a great slick lather. Barts Balm provides probably my most luxurious post shave.
Stay safe people and enjoy your shaves

I'm intrigued by this scent - I think @culcreuch uses it too. That must have been the shortest product development meeting ever?

'What does it smell of?'

'Ireland.'

'What shall we call it?'

'Patrick.'

'Job done - anybody fancy a pint?'

:) - I.
You should start a thread what fragrance for your town, city and village!

Prep: Shower with Nivea face wash.

Pre: PAA cube

Soap: Edwin Jagger pomegranate and lime

Brush: 24 Mm Oumobrush Silvertip In a Handmade Bog Oak Handle

Razor: Rockwell Model T

Blade: Persona

A fabulous close shave I seem to have got the knack with the Model T beast! The soap scent almost wasn’t there but that was a deliberate choice as I was testing a Barts balm, which was amazing as I don’t usually get on with many aftershave balms. It’s a revelation!

Attachments

• BC28A9A0-BF54-4444-B9E3-2EBE419FB369.jpeg
    BC28A9A0-BF54-4444-B9E3-2EBE419FB369.jpeg
    121.7 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom