SOTD : Saturday 3th July to Friday 9nd July 2021.

Prep: Shower with Baxter’s of California face scrub.

Pre: PAA cube.

Soap: Stirling ozark

Brush: PAA Phantom Aerolite Synthetic Shaving Brush

Razor: Homelike Start

Blade: Persona

Post: Alum, Baxter’s of California Shave Tonic and Baxter’s aftershave balm.
I can’t get enough of this razor, a smooth BBS every time. I wanted to try a face lather with the Phantom, and it didn’t disappoint if anything it made me love it even more. It may even make me have another thinning out of the collection!

Attachments

• C21E32BE-7B46-41BA-9880-8E2AE2093657.jpeg
    C21E32BE-7B46-41BA-9880-8E2AE2093657.jpeg
    96.2 KB · Views: 7
Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Saturday 3rd July 2021

Shave Score 9.5 \ 10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower \ Signature Soaps - Patchouli Essential Oil Foaming Shower/Bath Wash
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol"
Soap: Signature Soaps - Danum (Patchouli)
Brush: Yaqi 26mm - Timber Wolf
Razor: Merkur 500 (4,4,2)
Blade: Personna Crystal (1)
Post Shave ASL: Signature Soaps - Danum (Patchouli)
Post Shave Balm: Barts Balms - Ben Lomond (Cinnamon & Patchouli)
Post Shave Cologne: Penhaligons - Douro

What a great start to the weekend, a Patchouli Shower and Shave courtesy of Signature Soaps, @BrianH, my favourite scent from my very early childhood, cant get enough :)

Also attached is a photo of blades discovered in my quest for a bluebeards revenge blade that is cheaper than bluebeards revenge prices.

I‘ve kindly been helped out on this quest by fellow TSG mates and this led ultimately to the blade at the bottom, an Amazon/Boots basic blade which along with the bluebeards revenge blade all turn out to be Personna Tomys :)

I also tested the Personna Crystals and Personna Platinums along the way, these are NOT the bluebeards revenge/personna tomys.

I can 100% confirm the bluebirds revenge is the same as the boots/amazon blades, and the boots/amazon blades are in fact are Personna Tomys.

Hope everyone has a stress free safe weekend :)

Joe

View attachment 72856View attachment 72857
Thank you, glad you like it.

Saturday

HWF
Yaqi Red Marble Tuxedo 24mm synth
Face lather
Yaqi Katana
Permasharp Saloon Blades
Alum
Floïd Mentally Vigorous

We occasionally get reminded not to get too lackadaisical when doing this, right? My reckoning came in a moment’s lack of concentration causing an opening in the chin. Much claret, dear readers (the observant amongst you will note the irony of blood and my Dracula-esque SOTD yesterday).

However, judicious use of the alum stemmed any further risk of hypovolaemic shock. All’s well.

No pic. Hungry. Having fodder.

Saturday 3rd July

AM-JKLV-falClcsUUntJoE_f8P29JZH7s3xnWepj0N_eWhYvwtwg_Jg8IqnGHZdI9M88HFN9xlW8-nrr6xaQOj5C_JS7U2g2IqKuGkK__MVomn7XMFooUvdAYuTTKiVrQOCQ-TkxouVYeZEtNMN16UavgYUXrQ=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Wickham 1912 Shangri La Shaving Soap
RazoRock 400 Butterscotch w/Plissoft Noir Synthetic 24mm
Muhle Rocca R95
Personna TOMY (2)
Jovan Musk Aftershave Cologne

Second run with this underwhelming Personna blade and it's quite dull ...

Single pass with some touch-ups yesterday to gain a satisfactory shave. Today, two passes and I'm still a bit scratchy, but not mithered about pursuing it. Not one I'll be buying again.

Still, there's Jovan Musk. Triple serving and all is well again.

Last edited:
Not shaved for a few days, little trip to the hospital, however needed a shave and now feel so much better!
Pre: Wash
Soap: Razor Emporium Barbershop
Brush: EJ best badger
Razor: Merkur 41C, swapped out for GC.84 for final pass as the 41C OC wasn't cutting it, as it were.
Blade: Perma-sharp

I thought I'd use the OC as I had so much stubble, however just wasn't taking off the last bits of stubble. Whipping the blade into the GC did the trick.

SOTD : 4th July 2021.

126.jpg

Shaving Recipe For today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Omega 1470.
Face Lather.
Lather : Williams Mug Shaving Soap.
Blade: Personna Gem modified PTFE. (D3)
Razor: Valet Auto Strop VC1.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. + 3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Lidl Cien Aqua ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave..

After the wonderful efficient shave with the assertive Gem Micromatic OC i only needed 2 passes + a pick up pass for my face to be silky smooth again....The valet auto strop VC1 is such pleasure to shave with from it's maiden shave i found my 'sweet spot' after a few seconds and was instantly in charge and at ease with this mild efficient vintage shaving tool.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups comfortable silky smooth shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB which paired together wonderfully with the Cien Aqua ASL.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Sun 4th SR SOTD
Soap B&M Full Measure of Man
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor ZY430 1st Use after Jnat honed
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Hyaluronic + B&M TFMOM Balm
The soap scent is...stout and aromatic! Lather quality is very good...rich, creamy, and slick!
This is the 1st SR that I bought but never shave-ready with my poor skills. This time, however...WOW! To feel hear & feel again, that soft whispering buttery smoothness on the edge...felt sharp but not bitey...incredible feeling!! I am still hesitant with too short a stroke, especially the atg stroke...
Sometimes if I let it flow and stroke longer...can feel the edge cuts smoother and better. Still learning and improving with each SR shave...truly enjoying the journey now...! No nicks, no weepers nor irritation for a dfs to ccs finish! Aftershaves were awesome!
20210703_191139.jpg
20210704_111330.jpg

04/07/21
Pre: Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush: Silver Birch Brushes - Blue Resin
Soap: Wickhams 1912 Classic 24
Razor: Rex Ambassador Adjustable #2.75
Blade: Personna Med Prep (3)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Aramis Tuscany
Wk 27 (6).JPG
A top quality Shave using top quality products.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Sunday 4th July 2021

Shave Score 9.7 \ 10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower \
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol"
Soap: P&B Iceni
Brush: Yaqi 26mm - Timber Wolf
Razor: Lupo Aluminium
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Post Shave ASL: P&B Spitfire
Post Shave Balm: P&B Spitfire
Post Shave Cologne: N\A

A great BBS shave on a long neglected razor :)

Joe

308BD35F-B5A9-4A7E-8644-BE63CF509388.jpeg

04/07/2021

Razor: Hiram Commander (2 dot)
Blade: Feather Pro (1)
Brush: Wickham Alpha Gothic 28mm
Soap: Wickham Gothic Revival
ASL: Wickham Gothic Revival
ASB: Wickham Gothic Revival

IMG_20210703_182302.jpg

A great shave today. Maiden voyage for the Hiram Commander and it's my kind of razor. I love the scent of the Gothic Revival - inspired to use by some recent conversation.

Back
Top Bottom