SOTD : Saturday 3th July to Friday 9nd July 2021.

IMG_2021sma.jpg

It’s been a while since I used the Fatboy and I’ve never used a 7 O’Clock green. So let’s do it. :) The combination worked really well. The razor was set to 6 for all three passes and was really smooth. The blade was excellent.

On the software, I went citrus again, the Agrumes lathers intensely!

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves!

Razor: Gillette Fatboy - 1959 E2
Blade: Gillette 7 o’Clock Green (1)
Soap: Martin de Candre Agrumes
Brush: Simpson’s Milk Churn
Pre-shave: PAA Cube
Post-shave: Ben’s Lime Balm
Bowl: Face Lather

SOTD 5th Jul
Brush - Yaqi Giotto 24mm Snow Leopard
Soap - Stirling Campania
Razor - Supply V2 Injector 2 dot plate
Blade - Personna injector #1
Post - Nivea balm

Literally just picked up the brush and soap from Geechy via BST as he lives only a few miles away. And I have to say they are both definite hits! The brush is very similar to the Sagrada Familia but with a teeny weeny bit more backbone. And the soap is so Italian! Citrusy, refreshing and right up my street - with the usual high quality lather that Stirling deliver.
Decided to swap out the Supply Injector blade to try the Personna - and the Personna is noticeably smoother and turns out much sharper. Few weepers under the nose on ATG and feels much closer than previous shaves with this 2 dot Comfort plate.
So thankyou Geechy for the opportunity to buy these brilliant additions to the Den20210705_133146.jpg

Today’s shave, after a warm shower .

Soap. ….. Saponificio Varesino 70th
Brush. …. Paladin Harlequin Chief
Razor. …. Rockwell 6s (5)
Blade. …. GSB
Asb. ….. Baxters
EDT ….. Mont Blanc Skywalker

A nice set-up , with everything working together, resulting in a super smooth dfs……. Happy.

Stay safe, happy shaves
759843A3-EC4F-4666-A869-371CE6F992F3.jpeg

Mon 5th July

Stirling Syn.26mm
MWF
Occams Oren-3dot
Feather Proguard [ 2 ]
Arko Cream- Yagli

Last week the Skin on my upper lip got very dry and rather crusty. On Saturday to reduce irritation I used my Travel Razor [ The Oren ] with a guarded blade, and that helped a lot. I missed Shaving on Sunday and resumed today.

I chose to use MWF a soap that really works well for me, as it helps moisturise the Skin.In fact at the end of the Shave I massaged the excess lather into my face, before rinsing and drying off.

I then remembered that I had some Arko Cream -Yagil , known as miracle cream and good for healing weepers/cuts and curing irritation.
This is quite oily and creamy but actually dries out leaving the skin feeling refreshed. Not hype it does work and was very popular with Shavers 6 or 7 years ago.

IMG_1552.jpg

Razor = Timless Bronze
Blade = Blade = Gillette Nacet ( 1 )
Brush = 28mm Turn N Shave Custom Boar
Soap = A&E Kaisen With matching splash
Balm = L’oréal power Hydra.
Another Good shave for me today,
a nice & easy sunday doing absolutely nothing.
Second time use on the Timeless for me & first time i wasn’t impressed.
Don’t get me wrong it wasn’t a bad shave i had with it but not up with the best,
Change the blade and what a difference.
Nacet’s are defo in my top 5 of blade.
The Balm is not the best does a job.
All in all a good relaxing sunday with a good relaxing shave

8C6FAA1B-F2C1-4D41-BFF6-24A042867002.png

Monday 5th July

AM-JKLXTTqglig86Cl1w0HsxKRwetUBSdPITesHJpz__UZophX0pp3PvhjHIWD50IAJ4KDTCFMeJG8prkeizA7Z7cipCZybHhUDd3ax3DGX17797Ocxq0jbtPjB4S6dH6RBT9SruQy4_KQG8ngMoObQPd6pXSg=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
The Magnificent Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Haryali DeLuxe (Blue) w/Synthetic 22mm
Gillette New RFB
Gillette Platinum (1) Blue
Pashana Original Aftershave

Top class shave, that ...

Single pass with a wonderful British Gillette New raised flat bottom base and arguably Gillette's pinnacle blade to scythe off voluminous yoghurt-thick lather, finished with a splash of Pash.

Marvellous!

Last edited:
Shaving time accompanied by the theme 'Crosswords and other angry puzzles'

IMG_20210705_185722_edit_297532941610849.jpg

1 Across - Controversial politician
1 Down - Fantastic expert needs these to fly high
2 Across - Small Scottish liquor container for sweeping tools
2 Down - Some bloody Italian soap which gets on my fucking nerves and that bastard did do it because he was so pent up after getting his words wrong. That is bloody angst for you.

And a most smashing shave was had

And I resent mine

And the choice Japanese girly band for this evening? One for @Tony'schin here. A return to the squeeky vocalist and Lolita No.18 but accompanied by someone Tony will know well. A strange pairing if ever.

Back
Top Bottom