SOTD : Saturday 3th July to Friday 9nd July 2021.

He is unmistakable, I remember when Olga used to play locally, he always whipped his shirt off and we all shouted
"where's he gone?" All good fun. Sang songs about the area and the infamous local nightclub owner.

And then moved to Tokyo for a few years as I learnt today. He did a lot to lift the Japanese punk scene. And what a guitarist.

SOTD.jpg
My Shave today consisted of...
Prep, Proraso preshave balm.
Soap, Extro The End
Razors, Merkur Progress, Setting 4,2 & 1.
Leaf Razor for my head.
Blades, Derby Extra & Feather.
Aftershave, Extro The End
Brush. Mountain Best 100% pure badger brush.
My first time out with my new Merkur Progress, I have been looking forward to testing it out so decided on a 3 pass shave today just so I can get a feel of the blade on my face at the various settings.
I definitely notice the difference between it and the Fatboy and TBH I think this razor shaves better but I will really know in time.
In my hand the size and weight felt very nice and it left me feeling marvellous with a BBS magnificent shave , the wife gives it a face snog score of 9, so a happy wife is a headache free wife.
Thank you for reading and stay safe out there.

5 July

Signature Soaps Hibernia
Yaqi Dandelion
Ikon Deluxe DLC
Feather Hi-stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

View attachment 72984

A very pleasant, smooth, comfortable shave this morning. Signature soap and the Yaqi Dandelion brush work so incredibly well together, and look good too.
Thanks, I bought a dandelion brush on the back of one of your earlier posts to match the label colour ( and it’s a great brush too).

Sotd-05-07-21.jpg

This afternoon -

razor - Mergress (3)
blade - Gillette Yellow (2)
brush - Frank Shaving two-band 22mm
soap - PAA - CaD
post - witch hazel
a/s - 4711
balm - none
scent - Eau Sauvage edp.

All good. When a Progress grows up - and reaches maturity - the knob changes - much like a lot of us, I guess. :). Note to self - other shaving brushes are available in the den. Enjoy shaving, one and all - yours - I.

Tue 6th SOTD
Soap Stirling Orange Chill
Brush Yaqi 22mm Ever-Helpful
Razor Karve Brass SB-D
Blade Gillette London Bridge 1st
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Hyaluronic + TGS Orange Empire
Excellent lather from the soap! The refreshing scent, cooling, creamy and slick!!
Shave with razor paired with the blade is one of the perfect combinations! Very enjoyable, easy, smooth, and comfortable in 3passes for a dolphin smooth result. Aftershaves were fantastic!
20210706_092445.jpg

SOTD : 6th July 2021.

127.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Chinese Unbranded Silvertip Fibre.
Face Lather.
Lather: Proraso White Shaving Soap.
Blade: Personna Gem PTFE. (D5)
Razor: Ever-Ready 1914. (US) (Brass)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. + 3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Lidl Cien Aqua ASL./ Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

Greetings,

A wonderful early morning shave...The gem ptfe blade is still feeling smooth and efficient on it's 5th outing showing no signs of dragging or tugging throughout the shave....The Gem PTFE are one of the few blades i push beyond 3-4 shaves.

A Enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Chuesday Shave

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro (1)
Brush: Semogue SOC 2-band finest 24mm
Soap: CRSW Glide Morning Ghost
AS: WSP Classic Vetiver
EdT: Guerlain Vétiver

sotd_039.jpg

210979718_543709619963239_1571039500973463862_n (1).jpg
Prep: Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: TFS Professional
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Chianti Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette London Bridge (3)

Brush swapped purely to change the SOTD photo slightly as the week of Balms continues! Blade still good. Not a lot else to add. How did I ever survive with one razor, Derby blades and a stick of Arko before I joined this forum and set off down the rabbit hole?

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Tuesday 6th July 2021

Shave Score 10.0 \ 10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower \ Baxters Face Scrub
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol"
Soap: Wickham - Cashmere
Brush: Yaqi 26mm - Timber Wolf
Razor: RR GC .84 SB
Blade: Gillette Super Thin (1)
Post Shave ASL: Speock
Post Shave Balm: Baxters Balm
Post Shave Cologne: Penhaligons - Douro

A Great FF/BBS Shave