SOTD : Saturday 3rd April to Friday 9th April 2021.

Sun 4th April.

RR 400. SE-Plissoft noir
Arko Stick-grated
Gem Micromatic original
Gem S/S [ 1 ]
Pitralon Original A/S Lotion

I have found the TNNSER-3D Razor to be a great performer, but recent Shaves with it have improved my lightness of touch. This has proved to be a great asset in todays Shave with the Micromatic, which I had not used for a while. I found it very easy to use it with a light touch and got what was my best ever Shave with the OC, even with a fresh blade all was smooth and with ease I got a super close Shave.I am actually thinkin that contrary to popular opinion The OC is not a harsh/aggressive Razor to use, all down to the way it is used.

IMG_1398.jpg

Last edited:
04/04/2021

Razor: Brass Karve SB-C
Blade: GSB (2)
Brush: CH2 Synthetic
Soap: Wickham 1912 Magnum
ASL: Osma Alum
ASB: Wickham 1912 Magnum

Happy Easter you smooth faced gentlemen!

View attachment 67494

I'm digging the Karve now. This C plate gets me a nice comfortable finish in two passes. Not sure on the CH2 brush though - it may have a bit too much backbone for me.

@jphelan81 - some of this look familiar?
Razor handle is too long, brush loft is too short, have a wonderful Easter my friend. (y)

Pre: sanctuary spa triple cleansing mousse, lather up and massage, hot towel to the face
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Red Marble 2 Band badger
Soap: mastro miche artiglio
Razor: ikon b1 slant oss
Blade: Astra SP #3

DFS+ achieved in 3 passes at cost of one weeper!
After a session of breaking in the new and my first badger brush, decided to give it an outing today. Definitely an impressive brush - I think it’s my new favourite!

Soap performed well, but it seems like I’m a bit nose blind - some of the Italian soaps (this one, razorock too) smell to me a bit on weak side. Might end up putting them on BST - I’m a fan of stronger scented soaps.

Finally getting to grips with ikon B1 slant - felt more efficient this time, providing close and comfortable shave in 2 passes. 3rd pass took it to DFS+ level.
Finished off with splash of brut AS and Ben lomond balm.

Prep: Cold water face wash then Proraso pre shave cream
Razor: Rockwell 6S plate R4
Blade: Polsiver irridium(new)
Brush: Semogue Boar
Soap: Saponificio Verisano Felce
Moisturiser: Kiehls Facial Fuel
Esplendido y fantastico! A stonker of a shave. Looking forward to seeing my neice and sister today. A happy Easter to all. Enjoy the rest of the holiday.

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Sunday 4th April 2021

Shave Score 9.75/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing PreShave Cream
Soap: MDC - Rose
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Purple Haze
Razor: RazoRock GameChanger .84 SB
Blade: Gillette Sputnik (2)
Post Shave Figaro - Bluice
Post Shave Balm: Barts Balms Ben Hope - (Peppermint Essential Oil, YES I know the picture doesn’t say this) :)
Post Shave Cologne: Penhaligons - Cairo

Gillette Sputnik again today, once again an epic shave in the RR GC .84 SB

This Sputnik today has produced a real FFS/BBS shave, the 3 passes were effortless and the blade fell very safe/confident to use, zero nicks and no razor burn :)

Off now to cut way too much lawn, its all about a ft high, gonna be a killer, my own fault for putting it off :)

Have a good Sunday all.

Joe

View attachment 67493
I am devastated that my balm didn’t make it into shot Joe but then again it is fair to stay that there are quite a few components to that shave! You will be needing a wide focus lens next :)

Back
Top Bottom