SOTD : Saturday 3rd April to Friday 9th April 2021.

SOTD : 3rd April 2021.

73.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Semogue 1438.
Bowl Lather.
Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather : Clubman Pinaud Shave Soap.
Blade : Gillette Winner Stainless. (D1)
Razor : Parker 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. +3 Menthol Crystals. Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel)./Aloe vera Gel./Pashana ASL.

Greetings,

(Indian Subcontinent DE Blade month.)

A new shave set up to start the weekend...After a month of using Egyptian made blades, this month i shall carry on using various Indian subcontinent made blades....Starting off with a maiden shave using the Gillette Winner Stainless...The verdict?...pairing it together with my Parker 55SL Semi-Slant razor made a smooth efficient combo eliminating my stubble with effortless ease. ...As it's my first shave with the Winner Stainless i have no complaints to report...Regardless to the blades manufacturing location in the Indian subcontinent, the Winner stainless is a smooth efficient blade... To compare them with the Winner Platinum i find the 'Stainless more assertive & smoother...However, this could also be down to my razor choice...

A enjoyable 3 pass +pick ups close comfortable maiden shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off a with a generous splash of Pashana ASL.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the long Easter weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Sat 3rd SE SOTD
Soap Stirling Haverford
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Yaqi AC Aluminum
Blade KAI ProGuard MG 1st - Kindly send by a member in another forum
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel BayRum + Stirling Haverford AS Balm
Awesomely aromatic tobaccoish/cigarish scent from this soap. Good strength too. The lather was very good...thickly creamy and slick, excellent...!!!
Shave with razor paired with the KAI guarded blade was excellent!!! It was silky smooth, very comfortable, and efficient for 3passes without any weepers nor irritation especially during the 3rd atg pass was nice and crisp. BBS!!
The witch hazel bayrum sure gives a good burn and the scent mixed well with the Haverford balm which gives a longer aroma. The balm is really nice even in my hot weather condition.
20210403_101848.jpg
20210403_110356.jpg

The weekend shave. After a warm shower.

Post. ..... Proraso white
Soap ..... Mogno
Brush. ..... Rooney 1
Razor. ..... ATT r1.
Blade. ..... GSB
ASL ....... Dior Sauvage
Asb ....... L’Oreal

The sun is shining, enjoy your weekend folks .
Stay safe, keep smiling :)
011D3538-9EC7-4E6C-ACE5-32A20A31BAA2.jpeg

169088452_740962076593732_5954534453689983163_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Pre: Proraso Green
Soap: Stirling Hipster
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor: Parker R22 Interceptor
Blade: Solingen Timor (3)

The Timor is still performing well, and I'll give it a fourth outing tomorrow to see if there is any significant drop off or if it tails away. Sierran Breeze and the Hipster soap made for fresh start to Saturday. Off to stock up for Casa del Jester's barbecue this afternoon - the first of the year we've been able to invite anyone to. Obviously still only in the garden, but still, I can't wait :giggle:

Saturday, 3 April

PreShave: Warm to hot water—most from the boiled kettle, some from the tap
Cream: GFT Eucris
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Merkur 39C
Blade Astra sp (1)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Eucrus

My usual Saturday setup (with the Mekur slant). It was a nice slow and relaxing way to start the morning. Have a good weekend, folks.

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Saturday 3rd April 2021

Shave Score 9.95/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing PreShave Cream
Soap: OSP - Old Gold
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Purple Haze
Razor: RazoRock GameChanger .84 SB
Blade: Gillette Sputnik (1)
Post Shave ASL: OSP - Old Gold
Post Shave Balm: Barts Balms Ben Nevis - (Amber & Moroccan Jasmine)
Post Shave Cologne: John Varvatos - Artisan Pure

Gillette Sputnik today, I have yet to find a Gillette blade I didn’t like, this blade is the best I’ve tried in the RR GC .84 SB as of now, but still yet to try a GSB which I’m sure will be awesome as well.

This Sputnik today has produced a real FFS/BBS shave, the 3 passes were effortless and the blade fell very safe/confident to use, zero nicks and no razor burn :)

Spotted what I thought was a serial number on the Sputnik, but is more likely to be a lot number, first time I’ve seen a number like this on a blade.

Joe

9F572951-BF09-416B-B0C1-8ABE2348AF44.jpeg7A494D96-67D1-4FA6-A329-73E52AA077A5.jpeg

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Saturday 3rd April 2021

Shave Score 9.95/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing PreShave Cream
Soap: OSP - Old Gold
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Purple Haze
Razor: RazoRock GameChanger .84 SB
Blade: Gillette Sputnik (1)
Post Shave ASL: OSP - Old Gold
Post Shave Balm: Barts Balms Ben Nevis - (Amber & Moroccan Jasmine)
Post Shave Cologne: John Varvatos - Artisan Pure

Gillette Sputnik today, I have yet to find a Gillette blade I didn’t like, this blade is the best I’ve tried in the RR GC .84 SB as of now, but still yet to try a GSB which I’m sure will be awesome as well.

This Sputnik today has produced a real FFS/BBS shave, the 3 passes were effortless and the blade fell very safe/confident to use, zero nicks and no razor burn :)

Spotted what I thought was a serial number on the Sputnik, but is more likely to be a lot number, first time I’ve seen a number like this on a blade.

Joe

View attachment 67456View attachment 67457

Gillette sometimes put the manufacturing date on the packet of 5 blades.

Back
Top Bottom