SOTD : Saturday 3rd April to Friday 9th April 2021.

Prep: Razorock pre barba
Bowl: Symmetrical Pottery
Brush: Ōku Barcelona
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Cosmo
Razor: Rocnel Sailor Series 2020
Blade: Bolzano Superinox
Ppst: Alum Rub
AS: Swiss Pitralon
AS: Saponificio Varesino Cosmo

SOTD_20210403.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Sun 4th SOTD
Soap Stirling Orange Chill
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade Asco Super Stainless 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Hyaluronic + TGS Orange Empire
Very nice lather as usual from the soap. Fizzy orangy and cooling...thickly creamy and slick, awesome!
Shave with razor paired with the blade was smooth, comfortable, and efficient enough after 3passes for a mostly bbs finish. 1 micro red spot though. Super cool aftershaves...
20210404_103852.jpg

Saturday 3rd April

• Hampshire Wool Fat
• Simpson Trafalgar T3
• Razorock Hawk V3 - Standard
• Schick Proline P (3)
• Pinaud Clubman Aftershave

Proline blade has smoothed out after a couple of uses, it's a shame they're not so smooth to begin with- almost off putting at first use.
Hampshire Wool Fat performed superbly, without any detectable whiff of barnyard funk that some users have reported.

No photo today, but I hope you enjoy Mr Stewart & Co at their best . . . . .

SOTD : 4th April 2021.

sunday 2.jpg

Shaving Recipe For the day.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Omega S10065.
Bowl Lather.
Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Edwin Jagger ~ Limes & Pomegranate Shaving Cream.
Blade: Gillette Winner Stainless. (D2)
Razor: Parker 22r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+3 Menthol Crystals. Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Aloe Vera Gel./ Duru ~Lemon Cologne Spray.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave...The parker 22r / winner stainless was a wonderful smooth efficient duo... I've mentioned in many of my postings that shaving products produced in the subcontinent don't get the credit they rightly deserve the winner stainless is another example that you don't need to spend a fortune on DE blades to get a good shave.

A pleasurable 3 pass + pickups close comfortable shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off a with a generous squirts of Duru ~Lemon Cologne Spray.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Easter Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Sunday 4th April 2021

Shave Score 9.75/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing PreShave Cream
Soap: MDC - Rose
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Purple Haze
Razor: RazoRock GameChanger .84 SB
Blade: Gillette Sputnik (2)
Post Shave Figaro - Bluice
Post Shave Balm: Barts Balms Ben Hope - (Peppermint Essential Oil, YES I know the picture doesn’t say this) :)
Post Shave Cologne: Penhaligons - Cairo

Gillette Sputnik again today, once again an epic shave in the RR GC .84 SB

This Sputnik today has produced a real FFS/BBS shave, the 3 passes were effortless and the blade fell very safe/confident to use, zero nicks and no razor burn :)

Off now to cut way too much lawn, its all about a ft high, gonna be a killer, my own fault for putting it off :)

Have a good Sunday all.

Joe

5EBB3B84-BDB3-4EA6-9775-225797D765A0.jpeg

04/04/2021

Razor: Brass Karve SB-C
Blade: GSB (2)
Brush: CH2 Synthetic
Soap: Wickham 1912 Magnum
ASL: Osma Alum
ASB: Wickham 1912 Magnum

Happy Easter you smooth faced gentlemen!

IMG_20210404_083705.jpg

I'm digging the Karve now. This C plate gets me a nice comfortable finish in two passes. Not sure on the CH2 brush though - it may have a bit too much backbone for me.

@jphelan81 - some of this look familiar?

04/04/21
Pre: Cold water face wash
Brush: Semogue Torga C5
Soap: Arran soap Co. Machrie
Razor: Rex Ambassador Adjustable #2.75, 2, 3.25
Blade: Polsilver SI (1)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Arran soap Co. Machrie
Aftershave: Arran Soap Co. Machrie

WK14 (2).JPG
I have a Blade dispenser kindly printed off for me by Sean @Northam Saint and i basically loaded it up last year with a mixture of my blade stash, vowing to use whatever blade comes out next. Well today it was my Nemesis the highly regarded Polsilver SI:(.
Todays shave was all about the blade, i had a nice lather, the brush is feeling really nice now and the razor is hard to beat for an adjustable DE.
I had a nice chin covering so off i went starting on my go to setting of #2.75, Yip, that's a Polsilver alright, not tugging but feeling dull as it cuts through the stubble, it does its job but for me it does not feel as if its cutting cleanly. I took the razor down to #2 for the XTG pass, i got the same feeling but the blade is doing a great job, i then set the razor to #3.25, this time the blade felt a bit smoother but i have plenty of blades that feel better during the shave.
The finish is undeniably comfortable and BBS smooth, its just during the shave it feels as if its going to be a rough finish, not my favourite blade, however, i am going to run with it, the Stainless Karve is up next - heres hoping the blade feels better during that shave;).
Happy Easter everyone, stay safe and enjoy your day.

Back
Top Bottom