SOTD : Saturday 31th July to Friday 6th August July 2021.

Wednesday 4th August
Yaqi Red Marble Tux - Tabac - Radio 1912 - Gem Stainless Coated #8 - Williams Aqua Velva A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
e44RiBD.jpg

Tuesday 3rd August

AM-JKLUyE38IBBR_UFitZubsRZCcMsrofA0vxeynaX5D3_xyAwdCejh6tWXR3PW9uZBLweUMevkMZNzGdHHDPVgD_XtZywUMzIa62Fch_0CZId6Og8Mmh7T7LqeXuMA1hPQCk7mOq8rS843DTZSV-nZUQpYwuw=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Semogue SOC Taj w/24mm Boar
Ever Ready 1912 Sun Ray
GEM by Personna Stainless PTFE (2)
YSL Kouros Aftershave

Birthday shave!

Time to reflect on all that kit and pick some real favourites ...

By a country mile, it's MWF as my choice for soap and it is, of course, a 1912 razor for which I picked the dandiest that I have: the Sun Ray. Lather up with my lovely Semogue piggy and finish with a splash of the really good stuff.

That was quite perfect.
Belated birthday wishes,

SOTD 04-Aug
DSC01897.jpg
Prep: Warm shower and PAA Cube
Brush: PAA Phantom
Soap: B&M Reserve Spice
Razor: Blackland Sabre L2

Cracking shave this morning, I absolutely love this reserve spice both scent and performance.

Hand in hand with the phantom it's a great combination - I am slowly gravitating towards natural hair more than my synths now but this one still does the job very well.

Effortless 3 pass with the sabre, this has honestly turned into an absolute no regrets purchase despite my initial hesitation with the price tag.

Wonderfully smooth and ready for the day ahead, fingers crossed the sun stays out so we can crack on with a braai tonight!

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Tuesday 3rd August

AM-JKLUyE38IBBR_UFitZubsRZCcMsrofA0vxeynaX5D3_xyAwdCejh6tWXR3PW9uZBLweUMevkMZNzGdHHDPVgD_XtZywUMzIa62Fch_0CZId6Og8Mmh7T7LqeXuMA1hPQCk7mOq8rS843DTZSV-nZUQpYwuw=s800

Ever Ready 1912 Sun Ray
YSL Kouros Aftershave

Birthday shave!

By a country mile, it's MWF as my choice for soap and it is, of course, a 1912 razor for which I picked the dandiest that I have: the Sun Ray. Lather up with my lovely Semogue piggy and finish with a splash of the really good stuff.

That was quite perfect.
Happy birthday @pjgh All the best!

IMG_20210804_121808.jpg

4/8/21

Brush - Yaqi Plissoft 22mm
Soap - Wilkinson Sword Stick
Razor - Wilkinson Sword Flip Top
Blade - Voshkod (1)
Post - Witch Hazel/Lea Balm
AS - Benjamins Bay Rum w/Pimento

After discussing with Paul @Blademonkey with his incoming Wilkinson Sword Sticky, I decided to borrow my dad's seldom seen WS Flip Top, which I think I might have once read was the successor to the Sticky.

Considering I knew very little to how it shaves I decided to pair with a brand new Voskhod and combined with the razor it was very smooth and comfortable, but even after 3 passes there was a few spots of growth left, in particular above the lip. The razor head is a little larger than the Techs I am used to, and I couldn't get the razor under the nose for a XTG pass.

I was pleased with the razor on it's first shave, but I think next time around I'd pair with a slightly sharper blade, I think an Astra SP would be in line.

Not a bad shave though.

Anyway gents, I hope you all have a good day.

Tuesday 3rd August

Ever Ready 1912 Sun Ray
YSL Kouros Aftershave

Birthday shave!

That was quite perfect.

Happy Birthday.

Back
Top Bottom