SOTD : Saturday 31th July to Friday 6th August July 2021.

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap ~ Bay Rum
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #16
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

Court-Of-Wolves-Robyn-Young.jpg

Thu 5 SR 40th Shave
Soap Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Brush Yaqi 24mm Heavy Metal Tuxedo
Razor J.R. Torrey 5/8 Near/Quarter Wedge?
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + HA + TGS Abysso.
A really beautiful scented soap with incredibly creamy and slick qualities!
1st shave with this small Torrey. Felt nice in hand, light, and maneuverable. The edge, however, is only mediocre. Still managed 3passes without weepers for a sas result. Aftershaves were excellent!
20210804_182921.jpg20210805_074542.jpg

SOTD : 5th August 2021.

15.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather : The Body Shop Maca Root Shave Cream.
Blade: Chinese Gillette Super Blue. (D4)
Razor: Pearl SBF-11 TTO.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+3 menthol crystals mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./David Beckham Instinct ASL./Nivea men Sensitive PSB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

Last outing of the Chinese Gillette Super Blue blade which paired together with the Pearl razor wonderfully throughout the week with no issues. I look forward to adding the Chinese Gillette Super Blue to my blade rotation in future shaves.

It's been a while since i last used the always reliable body shop Maca root shaving cream the one i used this morning which I've had for a few years but it's still perfectly ok to use it's slightly dis-coloured but hasn't have any adverse affect on the lather or made my face look like a baboon's arse when applying the lather to my face....It's fragrance doesn't get top marks, but it's slickness and performance & post shave feel are amazing good....As always opinions are very subjective YMMV.

A Enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea men Sensitive PSB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
SOTD 05-Aug
DSC01907.jpg
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: C&H Fanchurian V11
Soap: Tabac Stick
Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless

I came to the sudden realisation that I hadn't picked up my trusty R41 (or in fact any DE) in months. So with a new delivery of Tabac (tallow) which had been on my wishlist since the newbie box (and with the new formulation slowly taking over the market I thought I had best be quick) I decided to take myself back in time.

Tabac to the face followed by my now favourite brush yielded a wonderful lather in seconds. I forgot just how much I liked Tabac the first time around. No pomp and circumstance, just a good product.

The lather cushioning the blow of a fresh feather in the R41, I always find on the first run with a feather it just needs that extra support for myself. Wonderfully smooth and finished off nicely with a rinse and Barts lotion.

Ready for the day ahead following a cracking braai yesterday evening.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
231644520_1258827261218480_5968862909033929966_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, 4711 Shower Gel
Soap: TDS Lilac Notes
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Aqua Beaux Silvertip Premium synthetic
Razor: Fine Marvel
Blade: Super-Max Blue Diamond Titanium (1)

I'm glad I persevered - the Super-Max was a happy medium blade-wise, and I'm pretty sure the platinum would perform even better. No irritation thankfully, although the cologne let me know it was a close one!

Back
Top Bottom