SOTD : Saturday 31th July to Friday 6th August July 2021.

Wednesday AM 2021-08-04
National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day
gchHSfQ.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Faux Horn Finest (24/54)
Ethos Grooming Mélange d'Agrumes shaving soap
Carbon Mokume-gane Brass/R2
Wilkinson London Bridge (13)
Ethos Grooming Mélange d'Agrumes aftershave

A very refreshing shave on a warm morning, giving this shy person the strength to get up and do what needs to be done.
ABnp5eB.jpg

Razor = Karve Brass CB Plate B
Blade = Polsilver Stainless
Brush = The Darn Robb 24mm Boar
Soap = OSP Belgravia Barbershop
Splash = Skin Bracer
Balm = L’oréal Barberclub

Well as normal an absolute brilliant shave however how could i have a shave today and not use one of Paul @Blademonkey Polsilvers.
it seemed the natural thing to do.
Excellent blades and the star of the show.
The brush has been a bit scritchy but getting softer with every use, anyway not an issue really it’s sometimes nice to have that exfoliating type feel.
Stay Safe Lads
Restrictions in Norway steadily getting better & Scotland should all be finished by the time i get home
3D80EEB9-CB9B-423C-BBEA-4FFA6D1751E9.png

Last edited:
And to continue with my new found timely SOTD's I enter today with my shave themed 'Heaven knows I'm miserable now'

IMG_20210804_160929.jpg

Heaven must be missing an angel - Ikon B1
Monkey gone to heaven - Polsilver Lodz
Heaven is a halfpipe - Yaqi Dandelion
All this and heaven too - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos
Closer to heaven - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos Cologne

Not only did this week bring it to light that my Murdock's Avalon has a limited life then it is dead, gone and never to be seen again, when, to heap more misery upon my already miserable life the Monkey of the Blade announces there are no more Polsilver Lodz blades left, other than the several thousand he is hoarding. In the words of Jilted John, 'I was so upset that I cried all the way to the chip shop'. 'Sorry mate no more fish'. And then cried all the way back as well.

So tonight it was only fitting that I continue to reduce my already depleted stocks and live in further dismay and blade poverty. Bring out the Ikon, bring out a Polsilver Lodz and enjoy. And enjoy I did. This pairing set out to prove what a formidable combination they are and once again won my shaving heart. Three passes to shaving perfection and huge grin factor. Morrissey, what a pillock you are as 'Heaven knows I'm not miserable now'

The Krokus just wins my heart every time. If this isn't one of the best soaps on the planet then my name isn't Eric. Which it isn't. A superlative soap which never disappoints performance wise and with a very unique and gorgeous scent. My wife even made comment this evening as to how nice it smelt. In consideration I never receive any comments from her outside of 'You are f@*cking clown shoes' I take it the Abbate has a gentle influence in my small world. The Yaqi Welsh national flower brush? It is

A most brilliant bit of sink time and feeling (and smelling) like a divine swede.

Before I go down the road of Japanese girly bands, a message from Shirley Temple to all you Polsilver Lodz doomsayers

Over to Trident and their overenthusiastic drummer Junna before she left to undertake a solo career as.........an overenthusiastic drummer

But there is salvation. The Monkey of the Blade has kindly let me purchase some more blades from him. Cheap at £67.26 per packet of 10 as I did suggest £76 a tuck.

IMG_20210804_143830_9~3.jpg
SOTD 4th August 2021

Razor - Wilkinson sword - Sticky
Blade - Souplex
Soap - C&S Oxford & Cambridge
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Ti silvertip
Post - Baxter of California ASB

I couldn't wait any longer, this was going to be a bedtime shave but curiosity got the better of me!
I'm pleased to say that the razor and blade combination worked perfectly, smooth and close leaving me with a BBS finish.
The closest razor's I could compare the Sticky to in terms of performance is my Feather AS-D1 and my ATT Windsor CM1 which is no bad thing at all, both good razor's.
The razor is light and I found the correct shaving angle straight away.
If looked after this razor should last another 50 years+
All in all I am happy with my purchase and the shave. :)

Until the next time,

Paul.

@Rohleder

Last edited:
E288B15F-A608-41DF-AB6D-B364BB1C6500.jpeg
Prep: Shower with Baxter’s of California face scrub.

Pre: PAA unscented cube

Soap: A&E Monte Carlo

Brush: ZENITH unbleached bristle chrome handle 2000 C XSE

Razor: Karve C plate

Blade: Astra SP

Post: Alum, Baxter’s of California Shave Tonic and Baxter’s aftershave balm, A&E Monte Carlo aftershave

As I thought the C plate was almost perfect. The Karve is another razor similar to the Masamune and Twig that just feels effortless! I love it!

Back
Top Bottom