SOTD : Saturday 30th April - Friday 6th May 2022.

554E44AE-5268-4306-A709-D0EC2EBB92EE.jpeg
SOTD: 30/04/2022

Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Soap: Stirling Campania Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Campania EDT
Balm: Gillette Aftershave Balm

A lovey little shave in the caravan today. The Tech, Stirling and Yaqi were all great and started the weekend brilliantly.
Enjoy your long weekend guys.

Sun 1st SOTD
Soap Van Yulay Puros La Habana
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express 2 Band Badger
Razor Wade & Butcher 13/16 Wedge
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + HA + PA + RazoRock Puros Splash
This soap has a wonderful tobacco cigarish scent but the lather is just acceptable...
Today's shave with this razor after the kanayama leather is just impeccably smooth and crisp. 3passes for a mostly ccs to dfs finish. Some irritation on the neck from trying too hard... :LOL: The aftershaves were good...
20220501_123100.jpg

SOTD : 1st May 2022.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Chantry Lavender Goat's Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10051.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Scottish Fine Shaving Soap.
Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp. (D2)
Razor: Merkur 39C.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB./Blue Stratos EdT.

A relaxing first day & Sunday of the month Shave.

The Merkur 39c slant is such a wonderful solidly built smooth non-efficient razor and like it's smaller handled sibling each time i have put it in my razor rotation i have had consistently good smooth shaves with it, today was no exception it paired up with the Perma-Sharp wonderfully making a smooth efficient razor & blade duo.

The scottish fine shave soap, yet again provided me with a wonderful lather with a matching post shave feel.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Blue Stratos EdT to the chest & pulse points.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay Safe, and enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen. :cool:

SOTD 01-May
20220430_163710.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP
Soap: SW Fougère Nemeta
Razor: Blackland Tradere
Blade: GSB (1)

Back on this side of the world and first shave in a few days. Decided as a welcome home and an effort to cleave down a good few days of growth I'd bring out the Tradere. Very hefty razor which made short work of it, first pass acceptable for around the house, second pass decent for a weekend day out.

Picked up the Nemeta whilst I was away, so that was sat waiting for me when I arrived. Haven't tried SW before and with the Nemeta back up with Finn I had to give it a try. Actually really liked the smell, can't describe it but it'll see use.

Hope everyone has a grand Bank Holiday!

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
The Razor for me was one i was scared of 2 years ago i couldn’t get to grips with it at all.
But now i find it one of the best razors i have.

It's the OC version. I'd be happy to let my granddaughters shave me with that.......second thoughts, may be not. But they are super razors once you get the knack. It's getting it which is the hard bit.

It's the OC version. I'd be happy to let my granddaughters shave me with that.......second thoughts, may be not. But they are super razors once you get the knack. It's getting it which is the hard bit.
Definitely mate
i genuinely thought this was an aggressive razor a year or so ago
just goes to show Technique is everything.
However i’m pretty sure you would look like the Elephant man if you Granddaughters got a hold of it lol

01/05/2022

Razor: Gillette Aristocrat
Blade: Derby Extra (1)
Brush: Alpha Outlaw V2 G4
Soap: Zingari Man The Gent

20220501_085921.jpg

I thought I'd give Derby Extra blades another go after disliking them early on in my wet shaving journey. They're not as bad as I remember but nor would I say they're good. Not a blade for me.

Sunday, 1 May (A Floris Day)

PreShave: Warm water—from the tap
Cream: Floris 89
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Mekur 39C
Blade Gillette Platinum (2)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Floris 89

A good, three-pass shave; took my time and prepped well, so the result was a BBS outcome. The blade seems fine—a bit rougher than I’m used to, but will give it an honest go over the next few mornings. Enjoy your Sunday.

ABC61838-6449-4FEC-AA48-DC159BE8857E.jpeg
SOTD: 01/05/2022

Razor: Rockwell 6c
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: Omega #625 silver tip badger
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Lothur Juice Croap
Aftershave: Tom Ford Black Orchid EDT
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

My first try out with the new 6c from @ATG as way to replace my 6s. It’s a delight, I think I actually prefer the head and chrome finish of this to the steels matt finish. I don’t like the handle as much so it all balances out and while cash is tight this keeps a quality Rockwell shave with me in my den. I love this soap and it’s started my Sunday off brilliantly.
Enjoy your day guys.

Back
Top Bottom