SOTD : Saturday 30 July - Friday 5 August. 2022.

2AFBA5B5-D7F6-480C-BEB1-7F55A15B5D7D.jpeg
SOTD: 01/08/2022

Razor: Rockwell 6s
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Freedom Italian Flag 24mm Cashmere
Bowl: Yaqi Plastic Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balm Preshave Sample Oil
Soap: Proraso Green Puck
Aftershave: PAA Awesome Sauce Aftershave
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

First holiday shave and Proraso Green was required and did a great job! I really wish I’d got the EDP Awesome Sauce but the aftershave is still a set up. Add the excellent Barts mint preshave and it was a great shave!
Enjoy the rest of the day guys!

Monday 1st August

Happy Yorkshire Day!

AL9nZEUq1RSag3wKJRjQHtAD7vzjBAwh1t7tiMubMSNbysHSS8xVT1I9PIHZ6R2SjKP_HVYofetzcjXcKE8o6m1xUeqH4e854rrdLPb2UnJtKtG6j1wintkfAoFlD9wBR4uT1cRgeOzWsQdcEagU7v2L2UyAzA=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Coty Avocado (Vintage) Shaving Bowl
Mohawk 5-341 w/PurTech Synthetic 22mm
Ever-Ready Streamline (1930s) & GEM by Personna
Pashana Original Aftershave

My Yorkshire Rose ...

AL9nZEWqKNDJoUSA4zMw-HxcvuO0kXDWXN51SKxYb3zhJCTTj5IJlqSFgNOX9Crh2pZS9pzMDrk_g1jqsHDFFxX9KS6Df14SUTdSiffQZARLEY4X3L_2Plbyq7sO8MyhRjtGLR9kxqa25poCvVGCkqRD7gUt-w=s400

... awww!
Cool cat! :)

Paul.

Tue 2 SOTD
Soap Signature Soaps Eboracum
Brush Yaqi 24mm Green Mink
Razor J. R. Torrey 5/8
Aftershave Signature Soaps Hibernia Splash
Very nice lather from this soap. Light & refreshing scent...enhanced by the nice splash too...
Good shave with this razor. Nimble with a comfortable edge. Easy 3passes for a ccs-sas finish...
20220802_105944.jpg

SOTD : 2nd August 2022.

3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Tuxedo synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather : Eco Warrior Bergamot & Lime Shaving Bar.
Blade : Personna Gem modified PTFE. (D2)
Razor: Valet Auto Strop VC1. 1922-1928

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Brut Sport Style ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

The Valet Auto Strop and is my most infrequently used vintage SE razor....I have mentioned before the valet vc1 looks an "aggressive lady" but IMHO it's quite mild however, that's not to say it isn't efficient enough, like the Gem Featherweight this vintage lady will mow through stubble with effortless ease.....It took me a few shaves to adjust to this mild yet efficient vintage shaving tool, after that it was happy shaves....

It's also been a while since i last added the the Eco Warrior shaving bar to my soap rotation which performed wonderfully producing a slick protective lather in a short space of time.

The soap has a pleasant scent, a good texture it's protective, slick and most importantly the lather doesn't dissipate or dry out on the face in between each pass, leaving an impressive post shave feel.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

02/08/22
Pre - Face wash
Brush - Simpson Duke 2 Best
Soap - Signature Soap Britannia
Razor - Supply V2 Mirror Polished
Blade - Personna Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
A/S - Body Shop Arber EDT
Wk 31 2022 (4).JPG
Another great lather this morning with the Signature Soaps Britannia - the "Connoisseurs' Choice";).
Face lathered with the Duke 2, this brush has a couple of chips in it as it came out of my "soapy" hand when shaking out the excess water sometime back. I now have another thanks to BST so this one is my Travel Simpson.
The V2 was sublime today with the 2dot plate, the Personna blade was really smooth, the shave could have been finished after 2 passes and some touch-up, however, with the amount of soap left in the brush it would have been a waste to rinse it down the sink. I completed a XTG pass and have ended up with a glass smooth finish, i did give the face an Alum rub with no real indication, after a quick rinse and pat down i finished with a good dollop of the Barts Balm.
I will put on a splash after my shower.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

SOTD 02-Aug
20220729_190044.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 Synthetic
Soap: MSC Zeus
Razor: Blackland Era (5)
Blade: NACET (1)

Another good shave with the Era, I need to give the OC another bash but I wasn't sold on the first few outings. Seemingly this zeus set is an homage to body kouros, but seeing as I have no point of reference its kind of meaningless. It is very subtle, expecially when compared to the Faberge yesterday. Doesn't blow my socks off but its ok.

Good finish and refreshed for the day, hope everyone has a grand one.

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom