SOTD : Saturday 30 July - Friday 5 August. 2022.

2 August

Extro Bergamotto di Calabria
PAA Green Ray
Edwin Jagger DE89
Personna med prep
Lucky Tiger face tonic

4F40A45E-5008-443A-8410-882D8E03B2EF.jpeg
I had to check my conclusion yesterday with today’s shave only swapping out the razor. I was left yesterday wondering if my opinion on the Baili razor was due to a substandard blade… it wasn’t. The Personna blade worked really well in the EJ, a close and comfortable shave with a really smooth blade, so, for me, the Edwin Jagger DE89 is a good razor and worth it, the Chinese razor not do much.

Tue 2 SOTD
Soap Signature Soaps Eboracum
Brush Yaqi 24mm Green Mink
Razor J. R. Torrey 5/8
Aftershave Signature Soaps Hibernia Splash
Very nice lather from this soap. Light & refreshing scent...enhanced by the nice splash too...
Good shave with this razor. Nimble with a comfortable edge. Easy 3passes for a ccs-sas finish...
View attachment 91440
Thanks Richard. Take care and stay safe, best Regards Brian

20220802_103525.jpg
Give and take

Had a great shave with this setup today, the GSB is now on #3, the first and third shaves were sublime. Not sure what I did yesterday but I got a bit of burn, maybe had the razor turned up or perhaps the knob wasn't fully tight, anyway my fault whatever, as proven by a great result today.

The downside is that the brush is still shedding, I've contacted Simpson to see if they'll be able to put a new one in if the 'wash, dry, comb through' trick still doesn't work and they quoted £50 to reknot it for me like for like. And I dropped the blue plastic case for the Slim and busted the little plastic lug which is really annoying as this razor and case was unused till I got it! Still, at least I am getting the most out of the razor which I really really enjoy.

Last edited:
SOTD 61.jpg

Soap – Moon Soaps Trade Winds
Bowl – Fine Accoutrements lather bowl
Brush – AP Shave Co Sand Ebonite / 2 Band SHD Gel 24mm
Razor – Rocca (V3)
Blade – GSB (2)
A/S – Epsilon Blue Med
Balm – L’Occitane Cap Cedrat
EDT – L’Occitane Cap Cedrat

A new brush and my first time using a gel knot. When I pulled the brush from the box I thought I’d made a blunder as it felt very stiff and not what I expected. Once wet it softened right up and then I remembered it was a gel knot. So now I know first hand what they’re all about and on first impression I love it. I will say though its both thirsty and greedy compared to any of my other badger brushes. I had a mix of bowl and face lather and it felt lovely on the face. Plenty backbone, not much scritch and super soft.
Very happy with this one and all in all another fantastic shave.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Tue 2nd August

RR 400. Plissoft noir
P & B Citra Royale
Claymore Evolution
Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG ( 1 )
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

My first use of this Kai guarded blade in the Evo. I like guarded blades as they allow me to work away without hassle to get rid of my quite tough beard. Today I got rid of Two days growth with ease, very smooth and comfortable with a Top Notch finish.

47CFC5AC-0DC4-4B03-B664-72112B5ABCEB.jpeg

Tuesday August 2, 2022
Razor: Atelier Durdan "Le Maurice" 1.00 Gap 316L
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Wolf Whisker Beehive/Badger
Soap: Ballenclaugh Honey and Tobacco
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: CHH Tobacco
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,365

Another BEAUTIFUL shave with the Le Maurice this time with the 1.00 Gap SS and I believe this is the sweet spot for me. All 3 are smooth operators and efficient. In my opinion the only advantage the highest gap would be is for those that don't shave every day. Again, this is my opinion. This is a razor I would love to have in the Titanium polished 1.00 gap Straight Bar if I had the budget. Another shave tomorrow perhaps on video before sanitizing and boxing up the set to mail to AJSharp by Thursday. Have a great day everyone !
IMG_20220802_073822529.jpg

4FA0AF02-E9D8-4E92-999B-F3E41F0D093B.jpeg
SOTD: 02/08/2022

Razor: Rockwell 6s
Blade: Astra SP, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Preshave: Bart’s Balm Preshave Sample Oil
Soap: Hampshire Wool Fat No. 3 Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Campania EDT
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm

I’ve not used my Hampshire Wool Fat for a while, (for no good reason), the pucks hardened up but the end results were just as good, an easy creamy, nourishing lather followed by an excellent shave with the 6s, with its usual great post shave fee, made for another excellent shave in the caravan!
Enjoy the day guys.

Sotd-02-08-22.png

00 clippers on head
Karve Overlander alu
Aussie Spoiler (22)
Simpson Special best
Capra Devi
warm water
Myrsol Agua Balsamica.

Some may regard it as an act of folly to set about a 7 day growth with a blade on its 22nd outing. Normally I would agree but the vintage Aussie Spoiler is no ordinary razor blade. It went through my beard in two-passes without any fuss and there is life left in it yet. Credit also to the Overlander. It's the first time I have tried it on such a heavy growth and it coped with aplomb. For me, it's a superb razor and I like it more the more I use it. I feel human again. Enjoy yours - I.

That's a pretty solid setup Lee. I'm a fan of HWF #3 (May Chang) and Astra SP. I'm amazed you've still got some of the Barts sample left! I loved the lime one.
Yes I’ve been using it lightly, I’ve the preshave and balm samples still but I’m running low on preshave, the lime is excellent. Annoyingly I had a lime balm as well which was excellent also which is no longer made and my wife managed to knock it off the chest of drawers and into the bin, (or that’s I think happened!) I was hoping to get a new PAA cube but everywhere is out of stock. Knew I should have pick one up from my US order!

Evening all,

So yesterdays shave.

Prep, hot water and flannel.
Brush, Yaqi
Soap / Cream, B&M Acrtique (yes that rather mentholated one)
Razor, Karve Aluminium with D plate
Blade, Lords Silver (1st use)
Post, B&M Acrtique

I lathered straight from the soap and might not have done this particularly well. I'm used to doing that then bowl work to get it going. But it did go on ok and provided a nice surface to work on. This is certainly a mentholated product, more than i've used previously. Definitely one i'll be using in the summer months or in winter if i want to wake up!

The razor, a lot lighter than what i've been using for a while for obvious reasons. You do feel you can throw it around your face a bit more, so i had to bear that in mind. It made light work of the material and didn't require any touch ups. I always do a 3 grain pass. Because i do enjoy shaving these days.

Very pleased with the end results, no nicks / weepers / cuts etc. A nice clean and close shave. I applied the splash and yes, you guessed it. Menthol city!

I did have some eye watering going on for a bit, but nothing that would stop me from using this again.

Best,

Ben

Last edited:
Evening all.

Today's shave.

Prep, hot water and flannel.
Brush, Boti
Soap / Cream, Sea Citrus (The Goodfellas)
Razor, Karve Aluminium with D plate
Blade, Lords Silver (2nd use)
Post, Sea Citrus (The Goodfellas)

I lathered from the soap puck. It seemed to lather better than the B&M Arctique, but most likely operator error than down to the product. Very nice and salty. I like this!

The razor, a lot lighter than what i've been using for a while for obvious reasons. You do feel you can throw it around your face a bit more, so i had to bear that in mind. It made light work of the material and didn't require any touch ups. I always do a 3 grain pass. Because i do enjoy shaving these days.

Very pleased with the end results, no nicks / weepers / cuts etc. A nice clean and close shave. I know i say this a lot but i'm happy with that. Very few and far between do i get issues, which is good.

The splash was equally good. I'm looking forward to using it again.

Best,

Ben

Back
Top Bottom