SOTD: Saturday 3 June - Friday 9 June 2023.

08/06/23
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger - #1
Soap - Palmolive "Pipe-bomb"
Razor - Karve Stainless C - SB
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green
20230608_155741.jpg
Mad hot here, no breeze.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

08/06/23
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger - #1
Soap - Palmolive "Pipe-bomb"
Razor - Karve Stainless C - SB
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green
View attachment 107099
Mad hot here, no breeze.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.
Sunny Days GIF

20230608_152002.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm.
Brush Highlander Black brush (with gun metal great in parts) with a Boti 24mm fan.
Soap Signature Eboracum.
Razors Gillette Aluminium Tech and Leaf for my head.
Blade Gillette Rubie
Aftershave Proraso Refreshing.

I am still part of the Tech June-kies team and have set up a nice line up for the coming weeks, today is still my English Ball end Tech, this is paired with the Rubie blade and I am sure the designers of the Blade had this razor in mind as it's a marriage made in heaven.
I have had different blades in this little razor but none have come close to the performance of the Rubie try it and find out for yourselves.
My Highlander brush whipped up a cracking thick creamy lather from the Signature soap, this really is a fine soap and one you can always rely on to bring it's A game to whatever razor you want to shave with be it a DE, SE or straight and the tin seems like it's bottomless as I never can get to through the stuff.
How Brian makes any money god only knows as it seems like a lifetime buy.
Bottom line an awesome shave and has put me in a great mood, I look fabulous, smell amazing and my mirror loves me.
Man I am looking cooler than a bear on top of a Fox's glacier mint.
mint.jpg
Have a fabulous evening all and may all the angels in heaven kiss our well shaven faces tonight.

8/6/23

Pre - Palmolive
Soap - Lea Professional Cream
Brush - Omega 40099
Razor - Gillette Flat Bottom Tech on Yaqi Handle
Blade - Dorco Titan (3)
Post - Lea Balm
AS - Brut Oceans

The Dorco was rough/harsh but very sharp. I've been using a few Dorcos and I find them to be good blades, but I don't get the consistent results I do with some other brands.

IMG_20230608_114551.jpg

Old Spice Homage Shave 3

Razor = Gillette Slim Twist
Blade = Gillette Super Thin ( 3 )
Brush = 22mm Rooney in Best
Soap = OSP Old Gold
with matching splash
Balm = ES Fragrance Free.
IMG_1209.jpeg
A Brilliant 10/10 shave
It’s amazing what you find when your having a little tidy up,
i completely forgot i had this Razor
New Old Stock,
All boxed and a first time use,
i have the exact same with the Knack iv just found that as well,
Honestly i am one sad individual.
iv used Slim Twists in the past but it’s been a while,
if this wasn’t a NOS i would take it abroad and use it as a daily shaver, for me it’s that good but considering it’s condition i would hate to lose it,
The Brush for me is ok
certainly not the best Rooney i have and being best it has pretty little backbone, but enjoyable nonetheless.
OSP what can i say
one of the best soaps i own by a country mile infact i could quite easily live with
OSP, Wickhams Signature & mwf,
100% my favourite brands.
Don’t get me wrong i love all soaps from all around the globe but these 4 are at the top of the tree.
Let’s hope James Riley makes a return
All the best Boys
Stay Safe

Last edited:
PXL_20230608_160945526.jpg

A good first effort with a new-to-me razor and soap.
I've had a Parker before (91R and the screw thread snapped) but the idea of a semi-slant (and a cheap second hand one at that) appealed to me. I had Merkur 39C slant years ago but that was a little aggressive for me and the handle I found too long (yes I was aware of the 37C but was still learning what I liked).
I will need to get the hang of it as I could have had a closer shave and ended up with a few weepers.
Design looks good but finish of the head and baseplate could be better. I thought this might be an issue before I bought it.

Love the soap! I have a couple of early Stirling soaps from when they were relatively new (paper labels on metal tins). The scent is very heavy forestry for want of a better general term and I love it!

Although I used the Zingari unscented splash I couldn't resist opening the matching Stirling balm and that too is very good. A great smell, quite thick, and not greasy.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Parker 55 Semi-Slant
Blade: Wilkinson Sword English vintage - 1970s Gold background
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Stirling Autumn Glory
Additional Care:
Stirling Autumn Glory balm https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/648212d57561cd6e4045d31c

06-06-2023

Proraso, Reinfrescante :: Wolfman WR2 OC 1.85, Wizamet (# 22) :: Yaqi Obsidiana, Silvertip :: Santa Maria Novella :: Proraso, Balsamo Dopobarba Protetivo :: Proraso, Lozione Dopobarba

MxB0cbJ.jpg

07-06-2023

Proraso, Pelli sensibili :: Tatara Masamune, Wizamet (# 23) :: Razorock Beehive :: Barrister & Mann, Raphsody :: Proraso, Balsamo Dopobarba Pelli Sensibili :: Proraso, Lozione Dopobarba Barbe Dure

2q5ff90.jpg

08-06-2023

Proraso, Reinfrescante :: Yaqi TFC Última, Wizamet (# 24) :: Yaqi Sagrada Família, Synthetic fibers :: Proraso, Eucalipto :: Proraso, Balsamo Dopobarba Protetivo :: Proraso, Lozione Dopobarba

fA5T2Yl.jpg

Salut!

IMG_1894.jpeg
SOTD: 08/06/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro, 8th use
Brush: Highlander Chubby Style Boti Fan Knot Synthetic
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Soap: HC&C/Pasteur’s Pharmacy Empire State Of Mind Puck
Balm: Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba Balm
Fragrance: Lattafa Asad EdC

The soap in the tub was a little dry after having used it on the day I went away for a week and leaving it without its top on to dry out! Luckily after its use today it doesn’t seem to have made any difference, it lathered just as easily, and strongly as before! Phew!

Back
Top Bottom