SOTD: Saturday 3 June - Friday 9 June 2023.

SOTD: 8th June 2023.

8.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Omega Eucalyptus Shaving Cream.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D2)
Razor: 1940's Thin Handle Gillette Flat Bottom Tech. (ENG)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / Denim Original ASL./Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

A close comfortable shave 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report to finish my shaving week off in style. The 40's Gillette Tech has been a joy to use throughout my shaving week.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

SOTD 08-June
20230607_133307.jpg
Brush: Highlander Chubby
Soap: NO Joker
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Gillette Blue

Another good'un this morning, nice smooth finish and very nice scent from the joker.

A day of meetings ahead of me so no real work still be done but at least I'm ready(ish) for it.

Hope everyone has a grand one.

Cheers

Marc

Feels like groundhog day sticking with one razor, I may have to have some time on the straights at the weekend. But I am enjoying Tech Jun(e)kies and today all I've changed is the brush and the scent.
The Astra Planeta CK-6 is easy to load and feels slick and creamy rather than voluminous. Really I was done in 2 but went for a polishing 3rd pass. The SOC feels nice enough but still hogs the soap a bit and I had to dip back in. I may PIF it at some point, I don't seem to get on with it as well as my other boars.
Client meeting today so a good shave (and coffee) was needed and had.
20230608_070942.jpg

Thursday 8 June
Two days, three shaving experiences with two razors. RazoRock Lupo dual comb yesterday and Drakkant standard plate today.
The DC certainly delivers what it says on the box, SB edge slightly more aggressive than the OC edge, thus a small weeper.
The Drakkant standard is mild and never feels like it is going to bite. A little more time can be taken with this razor to achieve a bbs finish, thus more shaving pleasure in the morning assuming you have this time of course.
Have a great day fellas!

IMG_7901.jpeg

IMG_0105.jpeg

Last edited:
Thur 8th June

The Grosvenor 404mixed
Vitos Super Red
Schick type N3
Schick S/S Twin- Japan ( 3 )
Arko - Classic Yagl cream

Am sticking with The N3 as I am trying to maintain a pattern, as I am currently getting areas of very dry skin after Shaving.Today I dispensed with A/S and applied some Arko Classic Yagl cream - an after shave moisturiser, which I last used years ago.Already my skin is not feeling as sore as it was pre- shave.

336C3167-87CC-4DB9-8FB5-19F7AF3A97E9.jpeg

View attachment 107072

Preshave - Pears Transparent Soap
Razor - Rockwell 6S (R5)
Blade - Cloud Bruce Lee
Brush - Omega Boar
Soap - Cup of Leftovers
Splash - Proraso Red

5th shave with this blade. Perhaps feels a little duller now. Will move to plate 6 for the next shave.

View attachment 107073
Is your Cloud box upside down or did they remove the image of Bruce Lee?
Whenever I read your S.O.T.D posts using this blade I always smile, so thank you for that.
I'm now off to jump about my living room doing flying kicks and telling my wife to not concentrate on the finger or she will miss all that heavenly glory.

PXL_20230608_085710101~2.jpg
June 7. 2023.

Razor - Lambda Athena
Blade - Gillette Perma -Sharp
Soap - Truefitt and Hill - Ultimate comfort
Brush - Chisel and Hound 26mm
Post - Refinery ASB
Frag - Tea Tonique - Miller Harris

I tried a different blade in the Athena today and with good results, although the lather produced from the T&H Ultimate comfort cream could have had a great deal to do with the good shave I had.
The brush was everything I had hoped it would be, a joy to use.
Another hot and sticky day in Cornwall so the Tea Tonique from Miller Harris is the perfect scent for me today.

Until the next time, stay safe and shave happy! :)

Paul.

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Tatara Masamune OC (Nodachi top cap)
Blade: Gillette 7 o’clock – Yellow (1)
Brush: Muhle R89 - Hexagon (Forest Green) -Synthetic
S Cream: ES – Fragrance Free

As anticipated the shave is noticeably more aggressive. I'm not one for aggressive razors but at the same time I enjoy the Rockwell 6S on 6 plate.
This felt in the same league for me. Efficient but smooth. Not a setup that I would use for daily shaving but something to enjoy for 2+ days of growth for sure. Back to solid bar for tomorrow albeit with a bigger blade gap.

Tatara Passaround.jpg

Back
Top Bottom