SOTD: Saturday 3 June - Friday 9 June 2023.

View attachment 107109

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm.
Brush Highlander Black brush (with gun metal great in parts) with a Boti 24mm fan.
Soap Signature Eboracum.
Razors Gillette Aluminium Tech and Leaf for my head.
Blade Gillette Rubie
Aftershave Proraso Refreshing.

I am still part of the Tech June-kies team and have set up a nice line up for the coming weeks, today is still my English Ball end Tech, this is paired with the Rubie blade and I am sure the designers of the Blade had this razor in mind as it's a marriage made in heaven.
I have had different blades in this little razor but none have come close to the performance of the Rubie try it and find out for yourselves.
My Highlander brush whipped up a cracking thick creamy lather from the Signature soap, this really is a fine soap and one you can always rely on to bring it's A game to whatever razor you want to shave with be it a DE, SE or straight and the tin seems like it's bottomless as I never can get to through the stuff.
How Brian makes any money god only knows as it seems like a lifetime buy.
Bottom line an awesome shave and has put me in a great mood, I look fabulous, smell amazing and my mirror loves me.
Man I am looking cooler than a bear on top of a Fox's glacier mint.
View attachment 107112
Have a fabulous evening all and may all the angels in heaven kiss our well shaven faces tonight.
Thank you. Donations always welcome !
Best Regards
Brian70BDF385-6C37-4589-90A5-806D2F3F840E.gif

Last edited:
Friday 9th June
Ever Ready 1912 - GEM Stainless Coated #9 - Yaqi Ever Helpful - OSP Urban Viking - Cien Aqua AS - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20230608-145548-01.jpg

Fri 9
Cream Palmolive Regular
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake
Razor Thiers Issard 69 Frameback
Aftershave Clubman Gents Gin
This is a really nice cream...smells good & a beautifully rich creamy lather from the excellent brush.
This razor is very good with a buttery smooth and softly keen edge...nice!!
20230609_162433.jpg

PXL_20230609_090443665~2.jpg
June 9. 2023.

Razor - Gem - Contour
Blade - Gem - Super Stainless
Soap - Czech and Speake - 88
Brush - Alpha - Betahive silvertip
Post - Refinery ASB
Frag - Tea Tonique - Miller Harris Edp

Wow, what a super shave, everything was just perfect.
what a fab razor and blade, mild but efficient, the soap with its tallowy goodness and a brush that is a joy to hold and use.
I was left with perfectly smooth skin and a little spring in my step, shaving is a simple pleasure, a little bit of time for myself and because of this, for a moment I feel happy and all is right with the world.

Thank you @donnie_arko for the C&S soap, it's wonderful!

Until the next time, stay safe and shave happy!

Paul.

Last edited:
9 June

PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum
Cadman M55 Tuxedo
Mühle R101
Feather Hi-Stainless
Clubman Pinaud VIBR

5B7DA0F9-478F-4D31-8613-E544A61388FD.jpeg
This morning I chose the R101, a resin handled version of the R41. The 30mm Cadman produced a ton lather and felt fabulous. The R101 was efficient and quite comfortable after the new Feather bedded in. Two passes to smooth, but, I think very respectable after one. This is a capable little beast at a very reasonable price.

09/06/23
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Yaqi Coco-cola 22mm Synth
Soap - Lea Stick
Razor - Karve Stainless C - SB
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green
Screenshot_20230609-165239_Gallery.jpg
The final Holiday shave tonight.
Off for something to eat, then the journey home begins.
Stay safe and enjoy your evening all.

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Tatara Nodachi SB (Masamune top cap)
Blade: Gillette 7 o’clock – Yellow (1)
Brush: Muhle R89 - Hexagon (Forest Green) -Synthetic
S Cream: ES – Fragrance Free

I'm in Nodachi territory now. Even with a negative exposure of -0.03mm the blade gap of 0.90mm does translate in a lot of blade feel (for me).
A cautious shave can be title of today's shave. Don't get me wrong no mishaps to report however that feeling of blade wanting to bite me at any time somewhat diminished the enjoyment. With more shave things should get more comfortable but there is no time for that. Onwards and upwards with the next combo.

Wishing everyone a great weekend ahead!

Tatara Passaround.jpg

Back
Top Bottom