SOTD : Saturday 2nd April - Friday 8th April 2022.

Last night's shave arriving here on a Sunday? As punctual as a courier. But it makes its entrance for a new week of SOTD's under the theme, 'A big boy shave'

20220402_171957.jpg

A big razor - Stainless Mongoose
Big bad blade - Feather Super Professional
A big bush - AP Shaving brass 30mm Cashmere
Big soap big soap - Extro Arzachena
Big time creaming - Simple moisturiser

'Right. And the cause of the crash was what? A giant brush if I heard you correct?'

A shave with pretty heavy duty hardware and a soap which looks more like it has been cultured in a petri dish than manufactured. Whatever bacterial form it came from, it is one wonderful soap with a scent to match its other qualities. With the big boy 30mm Cashmere, lathering duties were soon dealt with and a great medium to shave in to. The Mongoose being the choice of medium removing implement.

I keep flicking between this and the General as my favourite AC SE, but on this occasion I will give it to the Goose. May be next time the Colonial. Wherever it lies it is one superb bit of kit. I fail to see how some have issues with the Mongoose as I find it so hard to get it wrong. You can add to that I have never had any lesser than a superb shave with it and all in all a boss razor. And unlike @LeeMaz and his Yaqi adventure it is nigh on impossible to get the top cap the wrong way around.

A heavenly finish and I came away feeling smoother than a piece of wet rubber

I shall sign off by wishing all you forum folk a most wonderful week ahead and leave you with some of the usual pretty Japanese ladies. In this case Puffyshoes and what I think is a really pretty little song in Backstage pass. I must be going soft.

Last edited:
Sunday AM 2022-04-03
Birthdate of primatologist Jane Goodall in 1934
rvxfePQ.jpg

Rooney 1/3 Ivory Finest (26/55)
Art of Shaving Sandalwood shaving soap (tallow)
Paradigm 17-4
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (7)
Floris Santal aftershave
hdvVPsM.jpg

Sunday 3rd April

AM-JKLVzzAeJUs9cnF6_tX_xv96KAX9ptiKTdoZnVnJbxz1JKlXLmOi-g4DFNPPIxgV7yoRzgZQMPNOCNsIq0PSr3yhsvkcuatAMqbIJfbNHITrBd168YFaftPeCL7ksU0NvcrdbhAfJO7X_QI9qGNu1f7cP0w=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Wickham 1912 Citrus Musk
Razorock 400 Limited Edition w/Plissoft Noir Synthetic 24mm
Gillette Fusion Limited Edition & Gillette Fusion ProGlide Cartridge (12)
4711 Eau de Cologne (as Aftershave)

Finishing a week of lovely shaves lathering with Wickham's 1912 soap. Citrus Musk is still a strong favourite of the line-up and a strong favourite amongst all my soaps.

Mon 4 SOTD
Soap RazoRock XXX
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Gillette Slim N4
Blade Gillette Super Nacet 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + RazoRock XXX Splash
Epic from the soap! Light but nice scent with a thick creamy and slick lather!!
The shave with this excellent razor when paired with the blade was not that good. The culprit blade was not smooth nor cutting crisply...on setting 9 but was better towards settling 7 and 6. After 3passes managed a dfs/ccs result without weepers nor irritation. The matching aftershave was very nice.
20220404_091706.jpg

SOTD 04-Apr
20220330_102949.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Casanova'
Soap: A&E The Novelist
Razor: Gillette New
Blade: GSB (3)

Good shave this morning, not that much work for the new to do considering the job the tech did yesterday, but still routine must be followed. What remained was taken down in short order helped along ably by the A&E, love this scent. I haven't used A&E all that often but that may change when I start making my way through my soap mountains!

Hope everyone has a grand week!

Cheers

Marc

April 4, 2022
M5jXdej.jpg

Seems like I'm having some preference to this soap in mornings recently - nice refreshing scent and I feel like the proraso aftershave continues on the freshness trend there - good scent and definitely an aftershave that will always stick around in my den!

Nice two pass shave, WTG, ATG. Blade started ever so slightly tugging here and there - potentially could get another use out of it, but for most blades it is 3 and out - or in case of willy's that I used recently - 1 and out!

No errors, no stinging, and good DFS. Still loving the blackbird too!

Back
Top Bottom