SOTD : Saturday 2nd April - Friday 8th April 2022.

Sunday 3rd April
Canadian Schick E3 - Schick Proline B #3 - Yaqi Robin - Speick - Brut Attraction Totale AS - Aloe Vera Gel
3SImuRH.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

I had a very enjoyable shave this morning with my Giesen & Forsthoff Timor 1353. It’s mild and easy to use when not entirely awake; it would be perfect as a daily razor.

The Arko soap may not smell good to everyone but I don’t mind it at all. The lather is superb and easy to whip up.

So there you have it, a bog-standard excellent DE shave.

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves.

Razor: Giesen & Forsthoff Timor 1353
Blade: Voskhod (3)
Soap: Arko
Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar T3
Pre-shave: Proraso Green
Post-shave: None
Bowl: Face lather

SOTD 03-Apr
20220330_102831.jpg
Brush Wolf Whiskers Boti
Soap: GFT Eucris
Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: GSB (3)

Fantastic relaxed shave this morning, 3 pass for uber smooth face feeler.

All I can say about these tech razors is that if you don't have one, and like me you went diving into the deep end of shiny and new, get one. Remarkably good with no irritation, and for the price you really can't go wrong. I've got three of them now, this one (because of the heavier weight) is my favourite. Again it won't stop me with the new shiny efforts, but glad I have them in rotation.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Yesterday's shave...
IMG_20220402_143042.jpgIMG_20220402_142619.jpg

Carbon CX 316L (0.68)
Gillette Silver Blue
Saponificio Varesino HMW 2.0
Martin De Candre Fougère
Pitralon Classic aftershave
EDP: Tom Ford Fougère D'Argent

The shave like the evening 'out-out' that followed wasn't 100% comfortable.
The shave can be easily fixed, just need to change the brand of blade. As for me going out and mingling in large groups of people, well that will take more time to get used to.

Have a great week Gents. (y)
Cheers
Rob

Sunday 3rd April

Semogue 2012LE Mistura - Signature Soaps Mamucium - Ikon Shavecraft X3/Treet Platinum - Proraso Green AS

This will certainly see me through the night. The little Semogue held more than enough lather.
3 passes for a 'Face Feeler'

Last edited:
3 April

Simpsons Luxury Cream
Simpson Chubby 2
Claymore Evolution
Feather Professional
Village Barber Balm

F857EC57-C146-4250-ACB3-7ADD4C32B5C0.jpeg
Does the Simpsons cream work well with the Simpson brush? Hell yeah. They produced a wonderful, rich, unscented lather with ease. The Claymore and Feather produced a close, comfortable two pass shave with ease too. A really great Sunday shave.

03/04/22
Pre - Pears Transparent original face wash
Brush - Vintage Vulfix service #3 1950's
Soap - Tabac
Razor - Schick J1 1958-64
Blade - Personna Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Vintage Tabac
A/S - Tabac EDT

Wk 14  (2).JPG
The J1 always delivers a comfortable, no issue shave. Its been a while since the Tabac has been used, i should really use it more.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all

Sunday, 3 April

PreShave: Warm water—from the tap
Cream: Santa Maria Novella
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Mekur 39C
Blade Astra sp (2)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Floris Jermyn Street

A good, three-pass Sunday shave, took my time and prepped well, so the result was a BBS outcome. Have a relaxing remainder of the weekend, folks.

3C63C8AC-7365-4D05-878C-2875F9123965.jpeg
SOTD: 03/04/2022

Razor: Merkur Futur Clone
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Signature Wicstun Puck
Aftershave: Yaqi/Master Soap Creations Lemon, Lime And Cedarwood Aftershave
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Thought I’d revisit my only remaining adjustable and my 2nd razor a Futur clone. It was a perfectly acceptable shave, not as smooth as I’d hope but I’m guessing that was more to me being out of practice with it. Definitely milder than the actual Futur but will be added to my rotation again now the Blackbird has flown!
The Wicstun was lovely, the Signature base really is one of my best and is easily as good or better than many of the the big USA or European artisans I’ve tried. It lathers quickly and easily and the scent is a lovely blend of citrus and patchouli, which I was unsure as to how they would work together however neither overpowers the other and this is just spot on! All and all a lovey Sunday shave!
Enjoy your day guys.

Back
Top Bottom