SOTD : Saturday 2nd April - Friday 8th April 2022.

Saturday:
40 years ago today, Argentine forces landed on the Falkland Islands A lot of them probably had a shave with a Gillette before setting off.

I've been using the refurbed Falklands issue razor this past week as it's my travel set, so thought today wouldn't be the right time to change it out.

The Latigo was picked using a random selection in Excel so that I can start to rotate my soaps.

Have a good day all

Attachments

• IMG_20220401_094327__01.jpg
    IMG_20220401_094327__01.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 10
2 April

Simpsons Luxury Cream
Cadman M55 Tuxedo
Rockwell 6S
Personna med prep
Village Barber balm

C6E39ECD-6842-4C87-870A-9EC6AC9C5EC5.jpeg
This was a shave of two halves. The lather from the Simpsons cream was excellent and easy with the Cadman brush, but the actual shave was not as close, in two passes, as it often is with the Rockwell. Oh well I can’t win all the time.

Saturday 2nd April

Zenith 507 Extra Soft Horse - Signature Soaps Leodis - PAL Injectomatic Deluxe/Proline B - Aramis 900

My first proper use of the Zenith Horsehair and it was actually very nice. It has been sitting unused for a long time as I was worried about the tangle issues I had with Vie-Long Horse brushes. It's too early to pass judgement at the moment...but time will tell.

3 passes for a 'Face Feeler' :)
Thanks Brian. Have a great weekend
Regards Brian

Saturday, 2 April

PreShave: Warm to hot water—from the tap
Cream: GFT Eucris
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Merkur 39C
Blade Astra sp (1)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Eucrus

My usual Saturday setup: last week’s experience with a GSB was a good one—have to get some more and work them into the rotation. Have a good weekend, folks.

02/04/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Vintage Butterscotch Culmak Plus 1950
Soap - Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor - Schick B1 Repeating Razor 1927-32
Blade - Personna Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green
Wk 14  (1).JPG
As i am now officially of "vintage" stock;), i thought i would use a couple of my Vintage razors this week, they have been getting overlocked lately.
It is always a joy to use the Schick repeating razor, i just love they design of this thing.
3 passes for a very close and comfortable shave.
A little bit of sting from the splash which was fleeting, overall a very enjoyable shave.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

IMG_20220402_153152_2.jpg
SOTD 2nd April 2022

Razor - Feather MR3 neo

Soap - Speick stick

Brush - Simpson synthetic

Post - Thayer's astringent

Frag - Al. Haramain Dhahab perfume oil

Another fuss free shave from the Feather MR3, the Speick soap stick produced a great lather with the aid of my trusty Simpson synthetic.
Just about all of my shaving gear is locked away in a storage facility so I have had to get used to using the limited amount of kit I have, hopefully I will be reunited with my shaving gear as soon as I have found somewhere more permanent to live, until then I will enjoy what I have to hand!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend chaps.

Paul.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom