SOTD : Saturday 29th January-Friday 4th February 2022.

63oee6.jpg
That should be Vag

Razor = Rockwell 6s. ( 4 )
Blade = Tiger ( Czech Republic ) ( 1 )
Brush = 28mm High Mountain Badger From Bobby Moffat @ Sawdust Creations
Soap = A&E Cashmere Velvet Shaving Butter
with matching Balm
Splash = Myrsol Blue
4E509632-588A-4DA3-833D-FDE31DFD289D.jpeg
This Shave was a game of two half’s.
A first time for me on these Tiger Blades,
i don’t know anything about them other than country of origin.
I don't even know where i got them, i think they just appeared in my stash lol.

From the first stroke i didn’t like the blade and this is also the first time iv disliked a blade in the 6s.
I persevered for a few more strokes basically shaving half of one side of my face before i gave up.
Then swapped over to a second use Voskhod and the rest of the shave was a dream.
These Vegan Butters from A&E are superb l.

If anyone can give me any info on these blades i’ll be grateful
I Think they could be vintage by the shape but i’m probably wrong.
Anyway the shave ended up a 9/10
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Save Lads

with matching Balm
Splash = Myrsol Blue
View attachment 83816

From the first stroke i didn’t like the blade and this is also the first time iv disliked a blade in the 6s.
I persevered for a few more strokes basically shaving half of one side of my face before i gave up.
Then swapped over to a second use Voskhod and the rest of the shave was a dream.

Onwards & Upwards
Stay Save Lads
Czech carbon steel Tiger blade? A phrase terrifying enough to chill even the sternest heart. :) - I.

with matching Balm
Splash = Myrsol Blue
View attachment 83816

Onwards & Upwards
Stay Save Lads

Those blades aren't for shaving your face.

They are made by the Czech factory who used to make Astra etc for Gillette, but then Gillette took the machines to Russia. The old employees bought the factory and the red packet blades were the first blades they made, but they for export for African markets to be used by tailors and so on. It took them a few years to get a proper machine for shaving blades, and their first proper blade for shaving a face was the Tiger Platinum.

Even a 1912 window scraper like me, that Tiger Carbon was not one for shaving ... actually, it is reputed to be NOT for shaving but used in the tailoring industry to cut thread. Indeed, not a fun experience! Good call on the VOSKHOD with its super-slick PTFE coating. Easy glide to follow up after that road-rash Tiger.

Wednesday mornings shave:
I've been using the Made in England Ever Ready 1912 with a Gem blade for the past week, with only the soap and splash changing. This one shaves a little different than the made in USA one I have and it took me 2 days to stop the nicks.
A couple of days on Stirling (spice and Ramblin' on and off), Løthur Oregon for a couple of days and back to Stirling with the mountain man this morning.

Tomorrow will be a new Ever Ready that arrived today.

Attachments

• IMG_20220202_233515__01.jpg
    IMG_20220202_233515__01.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 7
Thu 3 SOTD
Soap Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Brush Zenith 28mm Scrubby B14 Boar
Razor Ribbon 1000
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + TGS Abysso Splash
Excellent soap! Beautifully scented with a creamy and very slick lather...
Another good SR shave session with this nice razor with fresh pasted balsa edge. Smooth and comfortable in 3+passes for a mixed ccs/dfs finish. The aftershave was excellent as well and it matches the soap scent.
20220203_122716.jpg

SOTD : 3rd February 2022.

d.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap with Mint Extracts.
Brush: Anbbas Boar.
Face Lather.
Lather : Haslinger Schafmilch & Lanolin Shaving Soap.
Blade: Personna PTFE SS Injector. (D4)
Razor: Schick Type G Injector.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Quorum ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave,

Final outing of the Schick injector razor to finish my shaving week of on a high. My introductory with the injector razor has totally amazed me. The shave's that both the Schick & Personna PTFE SS blade duo have provided me throughout the week have been some the most close comfortable, enjoyable near BBS shaves i have had to date. No exaggeration!....If i had the choose a vintage SE razor as a daily shaver then the Schick injector would be it ...A superb non-aggressive yet, efficient & smooth shaver which is a pleasure to use...and a wonderful introductory to vintage injector razors.

I have mentioned in my postings many times i have never been on a irrational obsessional wet shaving quest to chase "BBS" each time i shave, i find it completely pointless to cause unnecessary risk of irritation nicks & cuts to get 'BBS PERFECTION' as after a few hours my ugly mug feel's like sandpaper again..."PERFECTION IS THE ENEMY OF THE PERFECTLY ADEQUATE" IMHO... As always opinions are very subjective. YMMV.

My personal aim is to get a close comfortable error-free shave which most of the time i achieve. However, from time to time, like any wet shaver i get the occasional cuts, weepers and irritation which is all part of the fun in our pleasurable traditional wet shaving hobby.

I have been pleasantly surprised with the Schick Type G Injector, it's the only SE & DE razor that i have instantly bonded and felt comfortable off the bat...And that in Itself is unique, as it normally takes me a few shaves to get a real feel of a razor...Have i finally found my signature razor?

As for the longevity of the Personna PTFE SS blade it still feels smooth and efficient...I will continue to use it in my up and coming shaves until it starts to feel dull and uncomfortable to use.

Next week i intend to do a head shave with the Schick Injector and to trying out the Gem SE Featherweight razor with the Ted Pella SE PTFE SS blade for the full week.

A very enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close near BBS comfortable shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
SOTD 03-Feb
20220202_113550.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 Manchurian
Soap: Fine American Blend
Razor: Stoll Jr. 3D Lather Catcher
Blade: GEM PTFE (6)

Good shave this morning, digging in the back of the cupboards for less loved razors these past couple of days. For a cheap 3D printed effort this does the job remarkably well. It's not at the levels of the vintages or sabre/wolf but beats the arse off the ATT G1 for efficiency, possibly not a difficult feat but still good.

Good finish and ready for what will be a nightmare day at work.

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Those blades aren't for shaving your face.

They are made by the Czech factory who used to make Astra etc for Gillette, but then Gillette took the machines to Russia. The old employees bought the factory and the red packet blades were the first blades they made, but they for export for African markets to be used by tailors and so on. It took them a few years to get a proper machine for shaving blades, and their first proper blade for shaving a face was the Tiger Platinum.
Thanks Lads very informative on the Tiger Blades
now i know why my face feels like a bit of old leather lol :ROFLMAO:

@Mike Smart, sadly they're still all over the internet for sale as for face-shaving. It's only from being on here that I didn't get caught out :eek: I do love the Tiger Platinum through certain razors (Parker 22R, Gillette Tech) but it can be a dog through others like the Merkur 34C.
If you fancy trying some proper Tigers, drop me a pm and I'll post a couple of tucks out to you - plenty in the den here.....

Last edited:
262134569_4748168558632785_3767095772448366279_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Arko Cool cream
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Super Blue (3)

All good until I nicked myself on tidy-up :rolleyes: Definitely driver error, but I'll bin the blade after this third run anyway. My wife tells me the Speedmaster is one of her favourite daily ASLs, and that its freshness was a nice reset after the heady rose and Al-Rehab of the last few days. Green light to go nuts on loads more bottles of east-European under the radar ASLs then:unsure::whistle:

Back
Top Bottom