Brush: Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger
Soap: CR Salter Indian Sandalwood
Razor: Karve Stainless C Plate
Blade: Med Prep (4)
Post shave: Cold water splash, TC's Bay Rum Splash #1
Balm: Barts Balm Rosemary and Sandalwood Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: CK One
Wk36 1 (mon).JPG
The Karve and Personna Med prep are a wining combination for me, They just work in harmony.
A really close, comfortable, 3 pass shave today helped along by a nice face lather.
The Cream has probably 2 shaves left in it and the CK One splash has maybe 1.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Hi Chris

"None of this turning it 90 degrees etc, but more a la Kamisori."

Whatever works really people use all sorts of technique , there are people who complete the shave entirely with the dominant hand very succesfully. I found with me itis amazing how much the left hand develops as you practice.

Absolutely. Live and learn. Left hand function shouldn't be that bad but then again playing the guitar is a separate set of muscle memory actions.

If I end up cut to fuck you will be the first on my list for a 'friendly' visit ;)

Last edited:
Monday 31st August

Yaqi Metal 24mm Synth - TOBS Organic Cream - RazoRock Eco/Treet Classic - Dolce & Gabbana 'The One'

I had almost written off this razor a few months back. It was thrown into a drawer and forgotten about.
Today's shave was just perfect...including the alum test. Three passes for a 'Face Feeler'. :)

Pre - Shower / Face wash
Cream - GFT Eucris
Brush - New Forest
Razor - MÜHLE R89
Blade - Wilkinson (8)
Post - Saponificio Varesino AS - Felce Aromatica (sample)

I thought I was having a nice shave until nicked myself, then the AS stung. I was probably pushing too many uses on the blade. I've been trying to use up this cream since May, using at least 4 days a week. I can now see the bottom of the tub. I'm not sure whether I should transfer the rest to my spare travel tub, for all the travelling I won't be doing in the near future. Then I can repurpose the tub for a soap, or I could continue until I use it up.

IMG_8022.jpg

31/8/20

Soap - Arko Puck
Brush - Yaqi Faux Horse knot/ Rainbow Handle
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Zorrik Titanium (3)
Post - Witch Hazel
Balm - Nivea Cooling Kick
AS - Superdrug Forest Fresh

3rd and final shave with the Zorrik Titanium, even though it was reasonably sharp and smooth enough, and managed to get reasonable results with it the blade never quite felt right on my face. Like the blade addict I am, once I get through the stack of blades I've not tried I have promised myself to not buy any more new blades but whether that happens is something I seriously doubt; the lure of obscure Czech made blades with a picture of a man in a flat cap smoking a pipe will be too much to refuse.

Date:- 31 August 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Maseto 'Avatar' Tuxedo Synth. 26/54mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Rawr
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Voskhod #9
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)

A wonderful scent of Noble Otter 'Rawr' great for Spring and maybe Summer season, depending on the strength of the Musk during Summer.

I can smell straight from the tub which is Bergamot, Sweet Orange, Vanilla and Musk, I cannot smell Neroli, Dandelions and Atlas Cedarwood (or Sandalwoods), because, the Bergamot, Sweet Orange and Musk sought of kicking in a bit more during lathering throughout my shaves. I can smell a very soft Vanilla and Cedarwood (kinda like Sandalwoods to my nose), otherwise, a great scent during Spring season.

Monday AM 2020-08-31
National Matchmaker Day
U1y4hog.jpg

Rooney 3/1 Ivory Finest (22/50)
Acqua di Parma Colonia soft shaving soap (original)
LASSC BBS-1
Personna Titanium (9)
Acqua di Parma Colonia aftershave

A wonderful shave. Everything worked perfectly.
GOb3WEf.jpg

SOTD 31/8/20

Razor- Rockwell 6c (2)
Blade- Gillette Rubie
Bush- Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Soap- P&B Denali
Post- L'Oréal Barberclub aftershave balm

Last shave in August before I embark on a Signature September (only using Signature soaps) for abit of fun and to test out different blades with the Rex Ambassador.

3 passes tonight and an eyewateringly good finish.
First use of this balm, its nicely scented and left my skin feeling great.

Have a good night one and all.

Back
Top Bottom