Sat 29 SOTD
Cream Arko Cool
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Shavette
Blade Euromax Platinum SE 2nd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Good lather from Arko. Good brush for face lathering. Made it really slick for the shave...hardly able to skin stretch due to the slickness...
It's been awhile since last shavette shave but hand coordination is still good. In fact, able to perform a special atg manoeuvre seen on u-tube... hahaha
Able to do 3 multiple direction passes but still unable to get an efficient result.
In general the razor & blade combo was very smooth and comfortable but unable to get those short tough stubbles on the jawline & neck...despite various passes. 2 creepers seen later.
Icy water rinse followed by Thayers then soothed by Hyaluronic and AV Ice Blue.
SAS shave result with rating of 7.5/10
20200828_213310.jpg
20200829_151030.jpg

Pre - Shower / Face wash
Soap - TOBS Sandalwood
Brush - Razorock Bruce 24mm Synth
Razor - MÜHLE R89
Blade - Wilkinson (6)
Post - Saponificio Varesino - Felce Aromatica (sample) Followed with Moisturiser with SPF

A nice two and a half pass shave. I thought I'd give the synth brush another try. I just can't get on with it. Makes a nice lather, but seems more work. Most people seem to take less time with a synth brush.

I can't my my lather to look like @chard52142 does in his pictures.

IMG_8017.jpg

Pre - Shower / Face wash
Soap - TOBS Sandalwood
Brush - Razorock Bruce 24mm Synth
Razor - MÜHLE R89
Blade - Wilkinson (6)
Post - Saponificio Varesino - Felce Aromatica (sample) Followed with Moisturiser with SPF

A nice two and a half pass shave. I thought I'd give the synth brush another try. I just can't get on with it. Makes a nice lather, but seems more work. Most people seem to take less time with a synth brush.

I can't my my lather to look like @chard52142 does in his pictures.

View attachment 58851
Thanks for your compliment. I believe you can do it but it'll take some time to build...
I do take my time to build it on my face this morning...
Perhaps try bowl lather..?? Especially with the boar brush...?

Thanks for your compliment. I believe you can do it but it'll take some time to build...
I do take my time to build it on my face this morning...
Perhaps try bowl lather..?? Especially with the boar brush...?
I tried that once (bowel) with a practice lather. I still couldn't get it to look the same. I just couldn't get the lather to stay on the brush and look like a whipped ice cream. Masses of lather though. I do get a good lather for the actual shave. Just not the picture. I've usually got a face full of lather while I try to take the picture. So I do rush the picture a little.

Saturday AM 2020-08-29
International Bat Night
8tx2DV3.jpg

Rooney Beehive Ivory Finest (24/50)
Penhaligon's Lords shaving soap (tallow)
Wolfman WR2-SB/WRH3
Personna Titanium (7)
Floris No. 89 aftershave (vintage)
YbfLdJz.jpg

SOTD : 30th August 2020.

14.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Nivea Men ~ DEEP CLEAN Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap Bar / Nuage Menthol Shaving Oil.

Brush: Chinese Unbranded Silvertip Fibre.

Bowl Lather.

Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Frankenlather : Palmolive Classic & Ingram Menthol Lather Shave Cream.

Blade: Treet Dura Sharp. (2)

Franken-razor: Yaqi DOC Head / Schmidt R10 Handle.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade lavender eucalyptus, +Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./ Brut ~ Splash-On Lotion.

Wilko ~ Men's Moisturiser.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

The yaqi 'DOC' head on first appearance looks extremely aggressive, but looks are very deceiving sometimes it's a wonderfully smooth non-aggressive head, however like any razor either aggressive or non-aggressive, if not treated with respect it'll bite you.

Out of all the Franken-razors that i have mixed & matched this one is my favourite. The weight of the Schmidt handle gives it a good heft this could easily be my daily shave razor as it's non-aggressive, but at the same time gives a comfortable DFS/near BBS, and seems to pair together with every blade choice that i have matched it up with so far. What more could i ask for.

Another very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Wilko ~ Men's Moisturiser.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy you Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Date:- 30 August 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Maseto Beehive 'Horn' Tuxedo Synth. 26/54mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Weinstrasse
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Voskhod #8
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men
Tonight Tipple:- McGuigan Black Label Red

Sun 30 SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Irish Coffee
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Gillette New LC
Blade Sharp JAWS Platinum 3rd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Clubman Whisky Woods
Outstanding lather today. The scent upon opening the soap tub...until the end of the shave session was terrific! Even the wife commented the room smell of sweet coffee. Working with the excellent brush created a lush, creamy and slick lather...
Razor and blade combo today was perfect! Smooth, comfortable but sharp and efficient between all 3+1 multiple direction passes. No issues at all. Icy water rinse followed by cooling Thayers then soothed by Hyaluronic and Whisky Wood. Face, jawline and neck like glass...BBS!!
Today was a perfect combination between soap lather, razor & blade. Rating a rare 10!!
20200830_143621.jpg
20200830_143918.jpg

Sun 30th August

RazoRock 400 SE-Plissoft noir
L`Occitane Cade soap
ER "Streamline"
Gem S/S [ 3 ]
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

I was looking forward to using my favourite Vintage SE today. However, I guess I may have rushed it a bit so the finish attained was below par. I also managed to get my first cut in ages and used the Alum block.I have to say that this is no longer my Razor of choice for a special occasion ,as I find some of my AC/SE Razors are more dependable.

IMG_0988.jpg

Back
Top Bottom