SOTD Saturday 29nd Aug to Friday 4th Sept 2020

Tabac Tuesday

Pre - Shower / Face wash
Soap - Tabac
Brush - Razorock Bruce 24mm
Razor - MÜHLE R89
Blade - Wilkinson (1)
Post - Saponificio Varesino AS - Cubebe (sample)

I decided I would remove the seal from my tub of tabac and join the Tabac Tuesday club. It's been sat in my drawer since May. I've been considering Tabac for ten years, never purchased it, just incase I didn't like the scent. However, one of my sisters ex boyfriends always wore Tabac, I remember liking it. I was convinced to buy not after seeing one of @chard52142 pictures with his mr whippy lather from Tabac. That was back in March. First use for me. It lathered really well. So well, that I think the TOBS soap I'd been struggling with may be down to the soap and not the user. I had lather everywhere, I looked like a rabid dog and still couldn't replicate chard's mr whippy picture. I could've added more water, but it was just dropping off the brush. I'll try this soap next week with my preferred badger brush. A nice comfortable shave with two and half passes.

View attachment 58927
That looks like a great head of lather coming up....I look forward to your ice-cream cone lather soon!!

Afternoon TOBS shave...

Software: TOBS Lavender shaving cream (face lathered) / TOBS Gentleman's AS Lotion

Hardware: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements 'The Starcraft' Synthetic brush / Merkur 38C Barber Pole + Gillette Nacet

DSC_1054.JPG

Probably my favourite TOBS AS...it just seems to work with anything.

A really enjoyable combination today...I hope this month brings at least as much joy to all;)(y)

They certainly punch well above their weight Brian, i really like using mine. Ticked all the boxes for a half DE blade razor.
I only used mine for a week after I got it.....was having problems with razor burn. This time I am riding the cap more and of course the Treet Classic Carbon blades are exceptionally smooth and very sharp. A great combination!

The Treet Dura Sharp paired together with the R41 resulted in a BBS 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report.
I used the Dura Sharp blades in the past and recently bought some Classics (their replacement) for a ridiculously cheap price (£7.99 for 200 delivered). I have been using them in my 1/2 blade razors including shavettes and have found them to be superb!

I used the Dura Sharp blades in the past and recently bought some Classics (their replacement) for a ridiculously cheap price (£7.99 for 200 delivered). I have been using them in my 1/2 blade razors including shavettes and have found them to be superb!
The dura sharp blades are surprisingly good for what they cost. I've only used them on the odd occasion. I intend to get reacquainted with the 'black carbon' in my next week SOTD'S.

1 September 2020
Hurray a new month - mid-pm – post cycling shave – good three pass shave (2 days' growth). No cuts/nicks/irritation.
A nice day in the Chilterns!
IMG_0303.jpgIMG_0304.jpg
Prep: Shower & Nuage Shave Oil
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26mm
Razor: Gillette Classic Black
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum
Soap: Proraso Blue Cream
After: Cold Water splash – Ajanta Alum – Autograph ASB

Day 1 of Signature September

Will only be using Signature Soaps this month, same razor too but changing the blade to see what works best for me.

Razor- Rex Ambassador
Blade- Personna Platinum
Brush- Proraso Boar
Soap- Signature Vectis
Post- Barts balms, Grapefruit and pink pepper.

3 passes today and a great shave to start the month.
Personna platinum seemed to work really well in the Rex leaving no irritation at all with the soap providing ample cushion.
Grapefruit in the soap and the A/S balm worked well with each other as well to leave a nice finish.

Have a good night one and all.
20200901_163834-01.jpeg

Tuesday AM 2020-09-01
World Letter Writing Day
KYknsO4.jpg

Rooney Stubby 3XL Ivory Finest (30/52)
SV Asylum Colonia shaving soap
Carbon Damascus/Rockwell Elite
Personna Titanium (10)
Ginger's Garden Colonia aftershave
ksIni34.jpg

Back