Tabac Tue 1st Slantember SOTD
Soap Tabac
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor RazoRock German 37 Slant
Blade Permasharp Super 2nd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Clubman Whisky Woods
Terrific tabac...working with the nice brush produces some super creamy and slick lather. The scent is errmmm ok...better than no scent.
Shave with razor paired with this blade was good. Generally smooth and comfortable. Can feel it is sharpish but however not as good as Elios, Tatra, Wizamet or Polsilver. Let's see how for next 2-3 shaves. 3 multiple direction passes with no issues. More BBS to DFS result. Postshave and aftershave was fantastic. Rating today 9.6/10
Sidenote: Somehow I find this slant to be more smoother, comfortable and efficient than the Parker SemiSlant and including the GC.84 SB.
20200831_232227.jpg
20200901_073654.jpg

SOTD : 1st September 2020.

15.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Nivea Men ~ DEEP CLEAN Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap Bar / Nuage Menthol Shaving Oil.

Brush : Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)

Bowl Lather.

Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Lather : OSP ~ Grapefruit & Menthol Shaving Cream.

Blade: Treet Dura Sharp. (3)

Razor: MÜHLE R41.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade lavender eucalyptus, +Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./Duru ~ Mandarin Cologne.

Creightons ~ Sensitive PSB.

Greetings,

Recently I've been having some fantastic shaves with DE blades that I have hardly gave any attention to...The Treet Dura Sharp paired together with the R41 resulted in a BBS 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report.

The third pass today wasn't required, my face was near bbs on the second pass after a quick pick up pass my face was BBS smooth.

An excellent very efficient comfortable smooth shave.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Creightons ~ Sensitive PSB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe and enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Date:- 01 September 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Voskhod #10
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

Tuesday 1st September.

Jayaruh Syn. No67
Tabac Stick
ER 1912- ex Bathroom Set
Gem S/S [ 1 ]
Tabac A/S Lotion

Amongst the 1912s that I have used this is my firm favourite, as it has been designed to fit the current Gem blade. A downside for some but not for me, is the fact that the rasping noise during a Shave has been eliminated. The Shave even with a fresh blade is very smooth yet effective, and I had no problems getting an excellent close all round finish.

IMG_0991.jpg

Tuesday 1st September

Simpson 'Trafalgar' T3 - TOBS Mr Taylors - RazoRock Eco/Treet Classic - Iceberg Twice

I can't believe it is September already. The year has flown by....and not much to show for it. I will soon be hunting out my Autumn and Winter scents.
Another excellent shave with the Eco and I think I can safely say that it has been promoted from the drawer of shame.

Tuesday 1st September
Yaqi Sagrada Familia - Signature Soaps Hibernia - Rocnel SE-P Open Comb - Euromax Platinum #2 - Williams Aqua Velva A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
uHqNYLL.jpg

Last edited:
Tabac Tuesday

Pre - Shower / Face wash
Soap - Tabac
Brush - Razorock Bruce 24mm
Razor - MÜHLE R89
Blade - Wilkinson (1)
Post - Saponificio Varesino AS - Cubebe (sample)

I decided I would remove the seal from my tub of tabac and join the Tabac Tuesday club. It's been sat in my drawer since May. I've been considering Tabac for ten years, never purchased it, just incase I didn't like the scent. However, one of my sisters ex boyfriends always wore Tabac, I remember liking it. I was convinced to buy not after seeing one of @chard52142 pictures with his mr whippy lather from Tabac. That was back in March. First use for me. It lathered really well. So well, that I think the TOBS soap I'd been struggling with may be down to the soap and not the user. I had lather everywhere, I looked like a rabid dog and still couldn't replicate chard's mr whippy picture. I could've added more water, but it was just dropping off the brush. I'll try this soap next week with my preferred badger brush. A nice comfortable shave with two and half passes.

IMG_8025.jpg

1/9/20

Soap - MWF
Brush - Yaqi Faux Horse knot/ Rainbow Handle
Razor - Gillette New OC
Blade - Voskhod (1)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Signature Soaps A Danum Splash

First shave of the new month, most of the year's behind us and what a strange old year it has been so far. I really hope some kind of normality can return at sometime later this year.

Now onto the shave....

I've not really used my Gillette New since acquiring it and in the shave today, I found it performed quite a bit like the Old Type I own, maybe a touch more efficient but like the OT I found it's a razor that's very dependent on finding exactly the right angle. Maybe the razor could have been paired with a slightly sharper blade as well but I managed to get good results in 2.5 passes though. Finished the shave with the SS Danum splash, it really does feel great on my skin, nice scent as well.

Anyway chaps, I hope you have a good day and start to the month.

01/09/20
Pre: Cooling shower
Brush: Simpson Commodore X1
Soap: CR Salter Indian Sandalwood
Razor: Colonial General Stainless V2
Blade: Feather PB (3)
Post shave: Cold water splash, TC's Bay Rum Splash #1
Balm: Barts Balm Rosemary and Sandalwood Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: CK Be

Wk36 2 (Tues 1).JPG
Very nice.
1 shave left in the tub of cream to be saved for the weekend shave.
Stay Safe and enjoy your day All.

Back
Top Bottom