SOTD : Saturday 28th September - Friday 4th October 2019.

SOTD 20191002.
chtiBNh.jpg

Gentlemen's Tonic Mayfair "Babassu and Bergamot" pre shave oil.
M Keramiek / APShaveCo SynBad.
PAA "Doppelgänger Black Label" shaving soap.
Rockwell 6S R5 only / Stork Ti "Taipan" handle.
Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp Stainless (4).
Loris "E-178" EdP (== Dior Sauvage).

Wednesday 2nd October

Vitos Pre Shave Cream
Vulfix Old Original Persian Musk Shaving Cream
Vulfix 2235 Super Badger
Turkish Copper Shaving Bowl
Ever Ready 1912 (UK) with a Gem PTFE Blade
Witch Hazel
Brut Musk AS
Rosehip Oil

I haven't used the Vulfix Brush for ages.It fell out of favour due to lack of backbone. Bowl lathering this time and I must admit that it was a very enjoyable experience!.
3 passes for a perfect shave:)

Due to improved punctuality I am pleased to announce that yes this SOTD actually took place on the same day as posting and was themed 'Billy Goat Buff'

IMG_20191001_153540.jpg

Goatie beard remover - Brass Colonial General
Scrape goat - Schlick Proline
Acting the Goat - Cadman 30mm Tuxedo in copper and black
Goats cheese - Signature Soap unscented goats milk soap
Separate the sheep from the goats - Hermes Eau d'orange vert concentre

That old goat - Moi

So I have been there with the ooh la la French donkey milk thing and now I am faced with a sample tin of 'what yer like?' goats milk soap from Bolton. Anyone milked a cat yet?

In many ways I find it very similar to La Savonniere du Moulin with its slightly off white colour and it actually leathers much the same. Which is a big plus as La Savonniere is a very good soap, but at a price. Here we have a very good similar product for a lesser outlay. Another winner here and being unscented a neutral base for your scent of the day.

With the rest of my familiar shaving gear doing their number a very efficient and acceptable shave. I say acceptable as the Proline was on its last legs and after this shave confined to the plastic box of dead sharps. Of course saying 'thank you' which is a Marie Kondo thing.

And on the subject of Japanese ladies...

2/10/19

Brush - Omega 11819
Soap - Arko
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade -Astra SS (1)
Post - Witch Hazel/Nivea Cooling Kick Balm
AS - Superdrug Sierra Breeze

Not a great lather today, the brush seemed to eat most of the lather for the 2nd pass and almost all the lather for the 3rd pass. Where does this lather go? I'm sure there's an alternate dimension where all this lather goes and Ewoks are able to take advantage of this 'extra' lather and use it to shave their legs (they're into cycling).
I'd not used an Astra SS in absolutely ages, it's sharper than the Astra SP. Worked well in a FHT though.

Have a good Wednesday chaps.

02/10/2019
Pre: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Culmak 1950
Soap: Vintage Cussons 1950's
Razor: Pal Injector
Blade: Vintage PAL (2)
Post Shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Floïd Balm
Aftershave: Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso

PA020003.JPG

A strange shave today,
A very good lather mixed up and plenty for the shave, it went on nicely and the scent again is very light but just noticeable, "old fashioned clean"
Again the Vintage blade just did not seem up to the job with the 1st pass WTG, although it was taking away the stubble, not smoothly though.
The second pass XTG it seemed to be a lot smoother and i thought the blade had settled, onto the ATG pass and it went back to struggling again, on my top lip, Chin and devils whirlpools it really struggled, not as much to pull though.
I stopped there with a decent finish. My cheeks and neck are silky smooth, however, my chin and trouble spot are not??
All forgiven with a nice post shave with the Floïd.
I ejected the Vintage blade to inspect it and to be honest i have thrown sharper blades in the bin, which is where the poor old dog lives now.
The next outing will be with a new blade.
Have a great day All

Back
Top Bottom