SOTD : Saturday 28th September - Friday 4th October 2019.

SOTD 20191004.
ct9StX5.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (green).
OUMO Brush / OUMO Brush mixed goat/horse.
Luna Cosmetics "Tabaco" shaving soap.
RazoRock Game Changer GC-OC84 / Stork Ti "Paladin" handle.
Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp Stainless (5).
G Bellini "Nº1" EdT.
The brush is no good - much too floppy.
I did not manage to whip up a decent lather - result was a very thin lather.
As a check whipped up a new lather using a synthetic brush - now a great lather.

SOTD 20191004.
ct9StX5.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (green).
OUMO Brush / OUMO Brush mixed goat/horse.
Luna Cosmetics "Tabaco" shaving soap.
RazoRock Game Changer GC-OC84 / Stork Ti "Paladin" handle.
Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp Stainless (5).
G Bellini "Nº1" EdT.
The brush is no good - much too floppy.
I did not manage to whip up a decent lather - result was a very thin lather.
As a check whipped up a new lather using a synthetic brush - now a great lather.

Thanks for posting that. I saw your review up on the Oumo FB group and thought it was a shame it didn't work out for you, it certainly is for aesthetically pleasing knot.

I've only got the one Oumo knot so far, and their quality is great. I'm thinking of adding one of their synths at sometime. From seeing your SOTD's I think you have some of their synths, do you have a favourite? Do you have their next gen synth, which I think they sell as their 'Imitate 2 Band', have you used that one?

04/10/19
Pre: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Bay Rum
Razor: Colonial General V2
Blade: Feather PB (2)
Post Shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Bay Rum Astringent
Balm: Homemade Bay Rum Argan oil Lotion
A/S: DR Harris Bay Rum

Gen,BR,YM.JPG

I may have been a bit dismissive about the New General yesterday, I was in a bit of rush to get back to work and did not really take much notice of either the Razor or the shave. During yesterday afternoon & through the evening I noticed how smooth the finish was and how comfortable I was.
This morning I was still pretty smooth, coming up to my normal shave time i could really have let it go until later in the day, although i will not have time later.
The fit and finish of the razor are brilliant, very snug fit of the cap and base plate holding the blade very securely, there does not seem to be a lot of blade on show, but boy does it work.
The tapered handle is really growing on me, very well made and with the taper your fingers find a comfortable place to hold it, i find it very well balanced.
The overall finish is right up my street, i do not like my razors polished and prefer the satin / bead blast finish. Its is ticking a lot of boxes.
So down to today's shave.
I fitted a 1 shave Feather PB to try, the soap and brush work really well for me so i was pretty confident with all other aspects to the shave. I Knew i would not need 3 passes today so a face lather was on the cards.
The Razor just feels right in the hand and i love the weight and balance.
I completed the 1st pass WTG and rinsed, i really could have got away with a buffing pass although i did complete an XTG/ATG mix - Finished and BBS.
After the rinse the face felt soft and comfortable.
The General in my opinion is a touch more efficient than the Vector, i will mainly use Kai Pinks in it as it is advertised as a 6 on the aggression scale, i think i am getting similar quality shaves from him with the pinks as i get with the Vector with a Feather.
As i have said in the past, my beard is not that strong although there is plenty of it and i prefer smooth over sharp.
I think if you loaded a super pro you could sort out a garden hedge, it really feels that good.
Today again i am soft and smooth, i will see how long a 2 pass shave lasts.
Next week i am going DE for a week, i will be building up my enthusiasm for a comparison week using the Vector and General.
Have a Great afternoon All.
PS - I still love my Vector, there may be trouble ahead. ;)

4/10/19

Brush - Yaqi Rainbow/Faux Horse
Soap - Palmolive Menthol Cream
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Indian Gillette Wilk Sword (1)
Post - Witch Hazel
Balm - Nivea Replenishing
AS - Bens Menthol Bay Rum

I'll be running shaves where aside from the blade I'll keeping the same variables to see whether the Indian GWS is the same blade as the new Gillette Winner, as the last time I used the latter I thought it was exactly the same as the Indian GWS but I read a few things elsewhere to suggest the Winner performs quite a bit differently.
Well onto the shave, it was a really delightful shave. A really smooth, efficient and comfortable combination of blade and razor. Superb lather with the Yaqi Faux Horse & Palmolive Menthol, which is becoming one of my favourites. The Indian GWS performed really well today and I'll be interested to see how the Winner will fare tomorrow.

Anyway have a good Friday and enjoy the start to the weekend.

Friday 4th October
Jayaruh #289 - OSP Vintage Cream - TNNSER 3D - Treet Super CS #1 - Alum - Quorum A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
x3JccVP.jpg
Second shave with the TNNSER 3D, this time with a new Treet carbon steel blade confirms to me this razor is a triumph. Two smooth passes with a few touch ups on my awkward bits produced a flawless finish.
A quote courtesy of TOST member 'Flintstone' describes it in a nutshell:
"The razor sings like a Lather Catcher, is as mild as a Featherweight, but as efficient as a Micromatic"

Date:- 04 October 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ St. Barts
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6s R6 / Vintage NOS England Wilkinson Sword #4
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

FrI 4th Oct
The Grosvenor ( 404 mixed )
Vitos Super Red
Occams V2- 3plate
Feather Proguard ( 2 )
Jaguar Prestige A/S lotion

Today I used the Occams which I have used on holiday.I have had very smooth and comfortable Shaves, and over 8 days got super close finishes without any problems
This rather odd looking Razor has been a good buy for me.

IMG_0649.jpg

04/10/19

Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Feather (1)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Soap: Wickham Citrus Musk
Pre: Proraso White
ASL: Superdrug Sierran Breeze
ASB: LEA

IMG_20191004_171104.jpg

Today's soap choice is inspired by @Tony'schin following his shave yesterday. This is the first time I've used a 1912 soap and I'm impressed by both the scent and the performance.

Despite the temptation to move on to another razor, I've enjoyed the slant enough to keep using it for a little longer. I opted to pair it with a Feather this time and the result was great. No nicks and a BBS finish. This razor has been quick to dial in and I think it is going to be a firm favourite of mine for years.

Prep : warm water
Razor : Fatip Grande OC
Brush : Proraso boar
Blade : Wilkinson Sword
Soap : Haslinger sandalwood
Bowl : Aliexpress (MÜHLE look-a-like) for soaking my brush, face lather
Alum : De Vergulde Hand
After shave : Tabac original

The tin of the Haslinger soap is way to small to load your brush, I think. So I sliced the soap and put it in a wider tin.
That worked (for me) definitely better.

Back
Top Bottom