SOTD : Saturday 28th September - Friday 4th October 2019.

Date:- 02 October 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Honeycomb (Blue) Synth. Tuxedo 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ Socal Hipster
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB SS 'C' / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #15
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

Date:- 03 October 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo Synth. 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ Socal Hipster
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock Game Changer .84P / NOS Wizamet Super Iridium #11
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

Pre-shave:- Nothing
Bowl/Scuttle:- None
Brush:- None
Soap/Cream:- Bulldog Original with teatree
Razor/Blade:- Wilkinson classic with Wilkinson blade - fourth day
Post/After-shave: Cocoa butter
Fragrance:- None

After my first week of shaving I am aware that the Wilkinson razor is a little too mild, I am not getting a close shave, I am going to up my game on the blade and razor by the weekend, maybe change the blade first, see how that goes and then, if neccessary change the razor.

I wouldnt recommend the Bulldog gel at all.

ETA

For cut and pasting if it helps

Pre-shave:-
Bowl/Scuttle:-
Brush:-
Soap/Cream:-
Razor/Blade:-
Post/After-shave:
Fragrance:-

Last edited:
03/10/2019
Pre: 1912 Citrus Musk
Brush: Alpha Outlaw Titanium G4
Soap: 1912 Citrus Musk
Razor: Colonial General V2
Blade: Kai Titan
Post Shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Neroli and Orange Astringent
Balm: Bart's Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: 1912 Citrus Musk

View attachment 47949
So the General arrived to day, well i actually picked him up and had to hand over just under £45 for the privilege, i cannot fault the lads at the sorting office as the delivery had not been sorted and one of them went rooting until he found it. Even he was aghast at the extortion laid upon me.

To the shave,
I used a lot of my favourite things today and loaded him up with a Kai Pink for his first outing. The head size is sort of between my Mongoose B3 and the Vector, the blade loading is easy enough and a good way to reduce the head size, i was not too worried about the cap post as the Vectors is even smaller.
Using the 1912 pre shave & shaving soaps i had a nice face lather in no time, i had a lovely covering on the chin. I was not to sure about the Generals handle in the pre launch photos, however, it is quite nice in the flesh, when presenting it to the face the fingers find their most comfortable grip, the razor is nicely balanced (for me anyway).
The first pass was easy, the angle of shaving took no time to find, the razor is maneuverable and weighty and it just whipped around my face without effort.
A very good 1st WTG pass leaving a pretty good result.
I completed an ATG pass, again with very good results, i was going to buff, however, i had loads of nicely scented soap in the brush so went for a full XTG pass.
Result BBS and very comfortable
A cracking post shave and i am 1 happy shaver.
For me:-
Is it better than the Vector? - Not really. ive loved my Vector from the off
Does it shave as well as the Vector? After the first run out i would say Yes.
I need more time under the Generals belt to give a better comparison although i can say it is a keeper and will be used frequently.

Packaging is minimalistic, which i supposed is a good thing.
View attachment 47953

View attachment 47950

Loaded there is hardly any blade showing
View attachment 47951
You decide?
View attachment 47952
Have a great day All.

Good to read a report on the new Colonial General. Have you ever used the original version?

Good to read a report on the new Colonial General. Have you ever used the original version?
Sadly not @Satanfriendly , the ones i saw were bloody extortion considering the original price, i decided to go with the V2 for an extra few quid. You never know - 1 day.
i must admit after about 5 hours my skin is still really soft, it gave me a real close shave but was very comfortable.
T

Sadly not @Satanfriendly , the ones i saw were bloody extortion considering the original price, i decided to go with the V2 for an extra few quid. You never know - 1 day.
i must admit after about 5 hours my skin is still really soft, it gave me a real close shave but was very comfortable.
T

I have to admit the brass I gained from the BST is my purchase of the year. I am sorely tempted by the V2 but the Vector remains on my list. Decisions decisions

I'd be happy to loan an original if you'd like to give one a go.

Thursday AM 2019-10-03

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney 3/3 Ebony Finest (26/66)
Martin de Candre shaving soap + Coate's Lavender shaving cream (vintage)
Wolfman WR1-SB Titanium/WRH7
Polsilver Super Iridium (6)
Yardley English Lavender aftershave (vintage)
PYV3qgb.jpg

I have to admit the brass I gained from the BST is my purchase of the year. I am sorely tempted by the V2 but the Vector remains on my list. Decisions decisions

I'd be happy to loan an original if you'd like to give one a go.
Thank you very much Chris @Satanfriendly for your very kind offer.
I had better not as I was hoping this razor is the last for a while. I need to get through what I have and whittle down the collection a bit, I just know what will happen.
Maybe sometime in the future ;)
Cheers
T

z6fd99j.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Saponificio Varesino Two-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger
Soap: Murphy & McNeil Cliffs Of Moher
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: NOS Personna P74 (1)
Post: Chatillon Lux Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli Toner, Musgo Real Aftershave Balm
Scent: Boellis Panama 1924 EdT

Very enjoyable shave. This was my first use of Murphy & McNeil's Aon base soap, which contains both beef and duck tallow, plus a few other mods from the tallow base. The soap is noticeably harder than the tallow base; I'd call this a hard croap, whilst the tallow base is a soft croap. Easy to lather and very slick; performnce was again top shelf. The scent is very fresh, and fits the cliffs theme nicely.
I was a DFS after two passes, with the venerable P74 blade scything down the stubble effortlessly. A light three pass accomplished BBS. A lovely post shave feel with this soap.
Finished with one of my favourite scents - Boellis Panama 1924. Citrus, tobacco and vanilla skillfully woven together - wonderful juice.

I saw this documentary film this evening; if you are a football fan, I cannot recommend it highly enough. I almost did not go, as I am far from a fan of the subject of the film. However, after reading the reviews, I could not resist. Engrossing viewing, and told absolutely warts and all.

BhWKs8Y.jpg

Back
Top Bottom