SOTD : Saturday 28th September - Friday 4th October 2019.

SOTD 20191001.
qOtIJpu.jpg

Luna Cosmetics "Nº1" pre shave oil.
J&T® katalox / OUMO Brush imitation silvertip synth.
TFS "Tabacco Verde Forte" shaving soap.
PAA PHNX Injector type L-1.
Schick Proline B (1).
TFS "Tabacco Verde Forte" ASB.

01/10/2019

Tabac Tuesday

Pre: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Synth
Soap: Tabac
Razor: Rockwell's Model T #2.5
Blade: Personna Med Prep (1)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Tabac
Aftershave: Tabac AS/ EDC

MT,Tab,C2 (2).JPG

I now look forward to my Tabac Tuesday and today i used the Model T loaded with a med prep.
I started on #3 but backed it off to #2.5
2 easy, comfortable passes WTG & an XTG / ATG mix. No buffing required.
I enjoyed that!
BBS, Soft, smooth and comfortable face feel.
Have a great day All.

Date:- 01 October 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Yaqi Moka Express Synth. 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ Socal Hipster
Razor/Blade:- EJ 3one6 / German Wilkinson Sword #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

1/10/19

Brush - Yaqi Plissoft
Soap - MWF
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - PermaSharp SS (6)
Post - Witch Hazel/Nivea Cooling Kick Balm
AS - Brut Oceans

The Permasharp is an odd blade. Although it's incredibly sharp to begin with, I've found with a few shaves under it's belt it settles down a bit acquires a bit more smoothness then it seems to get even sharper, (which I imagine is down to the teflon coating wearing through?) and for today's shave I paired it with a Fat Handle Tech, the mildest of the Techs I own and even then it produced very smooth and efficient results.
I've been using the Yaqi Plissoft continuously for the last 4 or 5 days, and it might be the least exciting synth I own, or even the least exciting brush all together but it's probably the Goldilocks brush for splay, backbone, a little bit of scrub and ease of use. Over the last few days I've a little disinterested in this glorious hobby and I've found it's the brush I seem to lean to in such a mindset, it seems to be the brush of the few I own that seems to create a lather with the least amount of effort.

Anyway chaps, have a good day.

Oh yawn :rolleyes: another SOTD from a previous day. On this occasion themed 'There are other bloody shaves to life'

IMG_20191001_153344.jpg

Another blood curdling razor - Ikon SB in proprietary black with a polished cap on an ATT Colossus
A 'If you want blood' blade - Polsilver Lodz
Blood from a stone - RazoRock 400 in shiny aluminium
Soap on a dope - Penhaligon's Bayolea
Blood oranges - Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine

My recent shaves have been rather centred around new products which have tickled my fancy while other shaving fancies sat in the cabinet waiting to be on the receiving end of a tickle. Colonial Generals, Signature Soaps and Cadman brushes seemed to have been very much the order of the day recently (or even the day before the day in hand) and so step in to a new old day and drag something out deserving of being played with. That old favourite of mine and slayer of bristles, the Ikon SB armed with a Polsilver Lodz for cutting duties and that comedy duo 'the tickle brothers' Razo and Penahligon. Toilet and sink humour at its very best.

I have been rather lost in the world of croaps lately and so it was time for a bloody hard soap. Something with attitude and non of this 'I'm not quite sure if I am hard or soft' business (my wife suffers the same with me and would probably call me 'Croapy' if she knew what the term meant). I do like the Bayolea scent and it is a damn shame it doesn't get much further than the edge of the bowl, but hey you can't have everything as it does provide a fantastic and very nice lather. Mixed up and a happy soapy face to attack.

Since attacking was very much on the agenda, then there is very little can compete with the Ikon for beating facial hair in to submission. Three full passes and a witch hazel buff, job done with ruthless efficiency. If I was a historical civilisation then my God of close shaves would be Ikon. As much as every other razor in the shower room armoury is more than capable of producing great results, the Ikon just manages to go one better and delivers results which are bloody great. And zero collateral damage.

Smoother than a latex cat suit

ceec5562-2a9e-48c3-bf81-6220228b278d.png

All topped off with a liberal spray of Atelier Sanguine as somethings of recent don't change and I am still in to smelling like a bag of Jaffa oranges

One brilliant shave and I leave you with neither Blood Stain Child or pretty Japanese ladies, but with...........

I love the shaving scene in this video

Have a great evening all

HdyjOKc.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Soap: Murphy & McNeil Crann Bethadh
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: NOS Super Iridium BN-84 (6)
Post: Chatillon Lux Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli Toner, Musgo Real Aftershave Balm
Scent: Penhaligon's Castile

This is seriously good shaving soap.

Tuesday SOTD

Mitchell's Wool Fat
YaqI Chianti 24mm Synthetic
Timeless .68 Scalloped
Gillette Platinum (4)
4711 Aftershave

My Wool Fat soap had been soaking in water for 24 hours, and it made a world of difference. The best lather I have ever made from it.
Platinum blade on it's last legs, but it did the job - if not very smoothly

Tabac Tuesday (for me, too)

Tabac Original
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth
Face lather
Ever Ready 1912 ‘Bathroom Set'
Gem SS PTFE
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Tabac Original after shave

A great result tonight. I haven't used Tabac for some time. An excellent performance from the soap and fragrance.

7D7B5EA4-14A8-476E-AE07-489519907D39.jpeg

SOTD Tuesday 01 October 2019

Pre-shave: Warm shower, Wright's cold tar soap, cold water splash followed by Jack Black Epic Moisture MP10.
Soap: The Gentlemans Groom Room - Essence of Scotland Mountain Yew .
Brush: Simpsons The Duke 2 Pure Badger.
Bowl: Giles Shaving Co - Spotty Pedestal.
Razor: Hone 15 (Brass).
Blade: Feather (3).
Post: Myrsol "Metilsol" Astringent, followed by Tabula Rasa Cool (Blue) Aftershave Gel.
EDP: Captain Fawcett Triumphant Eau de Parfum.

A relaxed 2 pass shave with no issues to report - WTG and XTG face with WTG and ATG neck, DFS + finish.Th

I am finding that the Jack Black Epic Moisture MP10 is a great pre-shave oil, good protection and glide, soaks into the skin nicely. As ever YMMV :)

All the best,

Chris

Back
Top Bottom