SOTD : Saturday 28th May - Friday 3rd June 2022.

Sunday AM 2022-05-29
Release date in 1935 of song 'I'm Gonna Sit Right Down and Write Myself a Letter' by Fred E. Ahlert and Joe Young
0R5qB6j.jpg

Black Eagle Rhino (25/47)
Art of Shaving Sandalwood shaving soap (tallow)
Paradigm 17-4
Wilkinson London Bridge (12)
Floris Santal aftershave

This was my first use of the Black Eagle brush, and it did a great job building plentiful rich lather with the hard soap. Its face feel, with moderate-to-firm backbone and soft tips, was very much like that of some of my Rooney Finests.
6OSgmEB.jpg

1CDC517B-3E0B-452C-80A2-5D91086B255F.jpeg
SOTD: 29/05/2022

Razor: Hone 15s
Blade: Astra SP, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balm Preshave Sample Oil
Soap: Stirling Shadow Orchid Puck
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm

Second use of the Hone 15s new head and it’s even better on the 2nd use. I managed to dial it in much better, I’m hoping once I’m back home and can actually see the mirror properly in my own bathroom it will be even better. It was smooth, and efficient and much more like the original today! I’m impressed!
This was the best lather I’ve had out of my Stirling, purely the advantage of being off and having more time and it was a delight.
The @BartsBalm sample A smells delightful and though it did the job well I think I prefer the other two thinner preshaves in the sample.
Overall it was a lovely Sunday shave. Enjoy the weekend guys!

Sunday 29th May

AM-JKLU7EsmY5DNZAqJWvjjmwjD0K0cdctc94HEuAkLe5LZcoUmJ8kIJCHPIzh2XXpMe0TI9IE1-r64WUhIxHHC2ps7tx05VM77lUyX9xr9v0wwaP67V7Av1rFhQ2LUzIA5T2sEPZnjQ7grPAxd48LVP2BfvbQ=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Wilkinson Sword Shaving Stick (Grated)
Razrock 400 Limited Edition w/Plissoft Noir Synthetic 24mm
Merkur 37C & Laser Super Platinum
4711 Lilac Cologne (as Aftershave)

Yesterday's shave with the Laser Super Stainless (despite hardened chrome edge) was pretty poor and I rated it lowly. Hoping for better tonight with the Super Platinum, I was put again with a sub-par blade, although a tick better than the Super Stainless. Smooth from the off, but by no means sharp and not in a "you can happily and enjoyably make multiple passes without a hint of face-feel SuperMax kinda way" ... but on that, it sorta felt like a Zorrik Super Platinum on its third use.

Neither as good as the Laser Ultra, which itself is nowt special. Thumbs down to Laser all round. Thumbs down, generally, to Malhotra.

Last edited:
Razor = ATT Windsor Copper
Blade = Voskhod ( 2 )
Brush = 24mm Starcraft By PAA
Soap = Fresco by PAA with matching Cologne
Balm = Ariana & Evans Unscented Rice Water
DFB255EC-9ED7-4EE5-82C2-2BD11E0E5051.jpegA brilliant shave & the last one before i go to Norway.
Saying that i should be away in the morning but i haven’t received flight details.
Very unusual but i’ll assume i’m going in the Afternoon or late morning.
I haven’t used this set up for many months.
The soap is top drawer i love it
A homage to Old Spice Fresh which i think came out in the 70’s. A brilliant scent.
The Razor i’m in two minds whether i like it or not.
It’s decent enough but i don’t think it’s that good that it justify’s the cash.
Never mind we’re all fickle
you never know it could be my favourite razor next month lol
Stay Safe
Boys & Girls

Saturday evening's shave and came with the theme 'Shaving vs Haigh Club'

20220528_182439.jpg

Haigh hey - Rocnel Elite
Hey hey blade - Polsilver Lodz
Haigh it's a brush - Razorock 400
Hay stacks - Penhaligons Blenheim cream
Giant hay stacks - Pure moisturiser

'The Haigh Club walk'

And the winner was?

Haigh Club

The best I have ever had from the Rocnel Elite and an absolute superb finish. This razor talks like no other, but learnt not to listen too much as it takes it all a little too far when you follow what the feedback says.

Massive grin value

Have a great week ahead you fantastic forum folk.

Any takers for this lot? Still, they are Japanese, they are ladies, they do some form of music, and that ticks all the boxes for me

Mon 30 SOTD
Soap Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Brush Zenith 28mm Boar
Razor Gold Dollar 208
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + RazoRock Mudder Focker Splash
Very nice scented soap with good lather qualities...the brush is just fantastic!
A good shave with this razor. Crisply keen and smooth edge. Workday rush 2passes for a ccs finish. The aftershaves were very good...
20220530_113549.jpg

SOTD 30-May
20220522_103429.jpg
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Boti 2-Band
Soap: NO Monoi De Tahiti
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: GSB (3)

Pleasant shave this morning, tired mind after waking up with a boot to the face by my 3 year old, little bugger snuck in without us realising. Did have the dart lined up for this morning but thought better after the rude awakening, lesson most definitely learnt after the previous episode so in steps the blackbird.

Excellent lather and scent from the monoi and a slow two pass for a close irritation free finish. Not quite as refreshed as normal, as I'd prefer to be seeing the inside of my eyelids right now, but just about ready for the day!

Hope everyone has a cracking kick off and enjoys the upcoming Bank Holiday!

Cheers

Marc

Monday

This was another great shave from the GC.68 using the Gillette Blue blade.

Ramblin' man has worked it's way to the back of the draw, so obviously needed rotating forwards!

Maybe not as conditioning as some of the other soaps I have, but they perform really well and boy do they smell nice too!

With the bank holidays coming up this week is gonna be a short working week for us on the UK as we celebrate the Queen's Platinum jubilee.

Attachments

• IMG_20220530_113031__01.jpg
    IMG_20220530_113031__01.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom