SOTD : Saturday 28th May - Friday 3rd June 2022.

Sat 28th May

Alpha G4 Syn 28mm
Vitos Super Red
Supply V1+ V2- 3dot plate
NOS Schick Platinum- Holland ( 1 )
Tuff Red A/S Lotion

Today I had a rare outing with my Supply Injector, which never quite works for me. Tried it with a great Dutch blade, and though the Shave was smooth with a good finish around the upper face, as usual I cannot seem to get it to work to great effect around the neck.

BCEEF311-AA87-496A-AC16-EB20E403656E.jpeg

D7EC9246-484B-4C5C-9266-7CB1A4B7C579.jpegD7E6A5EB-36AD-421A-99FF-03169FCDD2F2.jpeg
SOTD: 28/05/2022

Razor: Hone 15s
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balm Preshave Sample Oil
Soap: Signature Soaps Londinium Puck
Aftershave: Jean Paul Gautier Le Male EDT dupe.
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm

A great shave and good news, Andrew has done some work with to the 15s head which has lead to a significant improvement with the shave of the 15s! It’s much, much smoother and almost no drag. It’s almost as smooth as my brass. There seems to be slightly more of an edge somewhere maybe end of the head near the blade but it’s very marginal and I can’t narrow it down to where on my first shave. I’ll feedback more tomorrow when I’m focusing on it. But it’s not off putting and more akin to a more angular razor such as a blackbird, (though not nearly as pronounced)
Overall I would be very much happier with this head than the original as it’s a is a significant improvement! I do think it makes for a much better shave though. Phew!
@BartsBalm scentless sample c was the Goldilocks consistency for me. Somewhere between the two extremes so far. It was great and whatever Bart goes with I’ll be buying!
Overall a lovely shave even if I’m away this weekend and forgot all but a JPG dupe in my work bag!

Saturday AM 2022-05-28
National Slugs Return from Capistrano Day
Bg9dquS.jpg

Rooney Emillion 1 Porcelain Finest (24/48)
Penhaligon's Castile shaving cream (vintage)
Wolfman WR2-SB/UFO Common Bar
Wilkinson London Bridge (11)
Penhaligon's Castile aftershave (vintage)

Another wonderful shave. I love the Castile cream and aftershave.
pZWEBG2.jpg

Saturday 28th May

AM-JKLVvbtt7hqoFpbIw64mtIFKj2D60ujv2LMmPAOr-AOGngfp-qn-u_5ojMLZTC0Et5va8i1sIvmQyPZJVvzyxciKzWFPMI1zrNWVQ7WrEfLAeHE2cIj6r_gwmTKFhIlTjS_Sl7LYzIf3sM7H7CHEleKbwaA=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
PalmOlive Shaving Stick (Grated)
Razrock 400 Limited Edition w/Plissoft Noir Synthetic 24mm
Merkur 37C & Laser Super Stainless
4711 Jasmine Cologne (as Aftershave)

Enjoying a couple of shaves with blades from Laser (made by the Malhotra group), tonight the Super Stainless and tomorrow will be the Super Platinum. This Super Stainless is billed as with chromium edges and so hopeful for a smooth shave, I loaded it into the 37C and lathered up with the very lovely Palmolive shaving stick which I have grated into a tub.

The first stroke or two on each fresh edge was perhaps a little scratchy, but that dropped straight off and I got a smooth enough shave from this blade which is not especially sharp and certainly felt like it was dulling by the end of a two pass shave. I wouldn't want to use the blade again tomorrow. Yeah, it was okay. Not sharp, but smooth ... and so it receives a 4.9/10 in my books, which is a click under the Personna TOMY and the Tiger/Tatra Platinum, yet a good click above the rival Zorrick Talvar (a Chromium edged blade from SuperMax) which hit a lowly 4/10 being neither sharp nor smooth. Certainly not as good as the Laser Ultra to my face.

SotD

Greencult safety razor with M plate loaded with a Feather.

After I tested the S plate (mild) and L plate (aggressive), it was my turn today for the M plate (medium-aggressive).

Well, what should I capitalize? In principle, I personally get along with all 3 records.

Although the L plate needs a little more attention against the grain, the S plate, on the other hand, is almost foolproof and the M plate is more in the middle.

I also had a clean result with the M plate. Since the head is also new and has been revised, I would like to emphasize here that the Greencult with its 3 plates (coming around July/August) is a clear alternative to many other stainless steel safety razors.

We can't wait to see what the end product will look like. So far the 3 plates and the new head are prototypes.

-

43697759on.jpg

43697760px.jpg
I can’t wait for this, I’m not sure I’d get the aggressive head but the other two sound be great. Any news on new handles? Or if the new heads will be available in the UK from the start of production?

Last edited:
SOTD 20220528
Prep: Tüff Vor der Rasur
Bowl: Saponificio Varesino Olive Wood
Brush: Saponificio Varesino 2.0 Olive Wood
Soap: Nuavia verde
Razor: Seygus Extreme OC on UFO Godzilla
Blade: Kai Stainless
AS: Tüff Rasierwasser

SOTD_20220528.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Last edited:
Sun 29 SOTD
Soap PAA Solstice
Brush Yaqi 22mm Joy Butterscotch Boar
Razor Joseph Elliott 13/16 Fine India Steel Near Wedge
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Yaqi PinaColada Chillers Splash
Excellent soap qualities. Nice scent with a richly thick creamy and slick lather...
Today's shave with the razor was acceptable. Razor was good, smooth, and crisp but my techniques still require improvement. Workday rush 2passes for a ccs result with some red spots. The aftershaves were terrific for another hot day...
20220529_125927.jpg

SOTD : 29th May 2022.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Chantry Lavender Goat's Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Vitos Vegetal shaving soap.
Blade: Derby Usta. (D2)
Razor: Merkur 34c.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Original ASL./The Real Shaving Company PSSB.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

A wonderful performance from the Vitos Vegetal shaving soap providing me with a good slick lather and a great post shave with no drying issues.

The Vitos Vegetal shaving soap has a wonderful 'Full On' vibrant sweet almond scent. If you like almond scented shaving products this soap will blow you always with it's fragrance performance, and post shave feel...Superb stuff. :love:

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollop's of The Real Shaving Company PSSB.

My face is feeling cool, smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay Safe, and enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom