SOTD : Saturday 28th May - Friday 3rd June 2022.

SOTD : 28th May 2022.

1.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & Head
Chantry Lavender Goat's Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Naples Tuxedo Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Nivea Men Sensitive Pro Ultra-Calming Liquid Shaving Cream.
Blade : Derby Usta. (D1)
Razor: Muhle R41. (2013)

Cold water Face & Head Wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. / Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel./Milton Lloyd Essentials No.10 EdP.

Greetings,

(Face & head shave)

A new shave set up to start the weekend.

The razor & blade duo was absolutely fantastic....Super smooth and efficient...I wasn't sure if the Derby Usta would pair together with R41, How wrong i was. They paired together excellently...Wow!

The Nivea Men Sensitive Pro shaving cream provided an excellent lather with little effort.

A close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd Essentials No.10 EdP to the chest & pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling silky smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Sat 28 SOTD
Cream BS MacaRoot & Aloe
Brush Yaqi 24mm Bali Silvertip
Razor Henkotsu Kamisori
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + BS MacaRoot & Aloe Gel
Very nice cream... the scent is pleasant and the lather is just impeccable...
Missed this razor and today's shave with it was ok. The edge after some laps on the new LaLune and Kanayama was not laser-like after pasted balsa but acceptable. I need to fine-tune how to use the LaLune. 3passes without any issues for a ccs finish. Aftershaves were excellent for a hot humid day...
20220528_090208.jpg

28/05/22
Mug Soap and Mitchells May
Pre - Shower
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo
Soap - Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor - Kasho Kai Captain CAP-R7 Folder
Blade - Feather Pro Guard
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Baxter's / Argan Oil home mixed Balm
A/S - Pinaud Whiskey Woods
Wk 22 (1).JPG
I believe my Shavette technique must have improved of late, i know it can happens sometimes, i am not sure why and cannot put my finger on it?
Today i have Just had a very close comfortable shave with the Kia folder from 2 passes and a touch up on the whirlpools, full of confidence and smooth from start to finish, things just seemed to click.
Big smiles all around this morning.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

28/05/2022

Razor: Occam's Oren Nano
Blade: Kai Pink Titan Mild (4)
Brush: Simpson's Chubby 3 Best
Soap: Wickham Gothic Revival

20220528_075020.jpg

First SOTD I've posted in a few days. Not felt the enthusiasm for it since using the Nano. I changed to the #3 plate for today's shave and that improved things. The Kai gets another go before switching to a Feather whilst I decide if this razor stays in the den.

Today's shave:

rdt220528jsj6x.jpg

- Lodrino La Riviera
- Mühle Kosmo Silvertip
- Edwin Jagger DE83 with ASP blade
- Herbs of Bulgaria Lavender aftershave

:D

284354873_3119937698272289_1567810688883526711_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Arko
Brush: 26mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Razor: 1958 Gillette TV Special Super Speed
Blade: Treet Platinum (3)

Bit of a rush job this morning, and my neck's showing the signs. Bit of irritation that the Baxter's has calmed down. However I'm unsure if it's down to switching from the Merkur 34 to the Super Speed and shaving with the same abandon, or the Treet tailing off towards the end. Quite possibly a combination of the two......

SOTD 28-May
20220526_160121.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Casanova'
Soap: A&E Revolution
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: GSB (1)

Have to thank @Digimonkey for this one, the revolution suggestion was a good one. Finally got around to picking up the A&E and the scent is great, matches perfectly.

Great shave, 2 pass WTG/ATG for a perfectly smooth finish. I've taken to cold shaves now, it was easier whilst I was away in SA and I've just carried it on. I'm sure when it gets cooler I might switch but so far it's great, perhaps even seeing better results but that might be in my head.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Cheers

Marc

Saturday:

Last outing for this particular Nacet. Still delivered a very reasonable DFS but needed 3 passes and pick ups on the jawline.

Despite it being a fairly cheap (in the grander scheme of things), the blue barbershop delivers a nice comfortable shave and smells good too!

Hope all have a good day

Attachments

• IMG_20220528_083743__01.jpg
    IMG_20220528_083743__01.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 7
SotD

Greencult safety razor with M plate loaded with a Feather.

After I tested the S plate (mild) and L plate (aggressive), it was my turn today for the M plate (medium-aggressive).

Well, what should I capitalize? In principle, I personally get along with all 3 records.

Although the L plate needs a little more attention against the grain, the S plate, on the other hand, is almost foolproof and the M plate is more in the middle.

I also had a clean result with the M plate. Since the head is also new and has been revised, I would like to emphasize here that the Greencult with its 3 plates (coming around July/August) is a clear alternative to many other stainless steel safety razors.

We can't wait to see what the end product will look like. So far the 3 plates and the new head are prototypes.

-

43697759on.jpg

43697760px.jpg

Back
Top Bottom