SOTD : Saturday 28th May - Friday 3rd June 2022.

Razor = Rockwell 6s ( 4 )
Blade = Super Iridium ( 2 )
Brush = Chisel & Hound 26mm V15 Manchurian
Soap = Castle Forbes Lime
Aftershave = Old Spice Champion
Balm = Barts Balms Ben Macdui
C2715873-C418-4C7A-9481-BC5C0D75DB83.jpeg
A truly wonderful 3 pass shave.l tonight.
Although i had a great shave on tuesday i wasn’t sure if i was in the the super iridium’s but i have to say todays shave blade wise was far better.
Whether it was the second use or a different razor or possibly a combination of both but the shave was first class.
The Castle Forbes is another soap/cream i wouldn’t like to be without, The scent is absolutely top drawer and possibly my all time number one scent.
I actually have the matching balm but forgot i brought it with me lol
Never Mind
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe Lads

Thursday 2nd June

AM-JKLVAq6dHpipaYckzV46SoUejH8NAZBi9kf2bqSvtbTiH1BoDn9vCbaN0yXt3X75-uWycjKrD1gny2lzy7tcCQQcRbq2xK8IbNqgV4f3miwCT_s3HHH-ij_9mnvic5X_cFjB-DOQdnkf-YsZMpEYTG1_HcQ=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
OSP Spirits Shaving Soap
Razrock Hive w/Mokasoft Synthetic 24mm
Gillette Fusion (Flexball) ProGlide Power & Gillette Fusion Cartridge (9)
Pinaud VIBR

SOTD 02-Jun
View attachment 88779
Brush: C&H 'Finned' V14
Soap: Signature Valentia
Razor: Blackland Era SB L5
Blade: GSB (3)

Cracking shave this morning, lathered up a dream with an initial go around in the bowl before slapping on the face. Excellent scent and zero irritation post shave. Brilliant stuff and looking forward to more!

Hope everyone has a grand Bank Holiday!

Cheers

Marc
Thanks Mark. Best Regards Brian

This evening's shave themed 'For Mr'

20220602_211348.jpg

Mr Razor - Claymore Evolution
Mrs Blade - Feather Super Professional
Ms Brush - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Miss Soap - MDC Fougere
Jnr Moisturiser- Simple
Mme le scent - Chanel for Mr

'Oh, please, not again?'

Mrs Satanfriendly recently bought me quite a few Simple products. Is she trying to tell me something?

I'll keep it short this evening and simply say a lovely refreshing shave after 12 hours out on the river. And very welcome.

The Evo is not quite to the same level as my in vogue Mongoose, but it does a damn fine job and played its part towards me being able to say, 'Now that was good'.

So happy I just have to say, I love you all.

Also very happy as ordered the latest Otoboke beaver album in between towing duties, so there is only one ending to this SOTD.

Fri 3 SOTD
Soap Stirling Haverford
Brush SOC Cherry Wood Boar
Razor Karve Brass SB-D
Blade Persona X Series 22nd Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Stirling Haverford Splash
Lovely scented soap...love the aromatic tobacccigarist scent. The lather is creamy and slick too...
Another terrific shave with the razor paired with the well-used blade. Still no signs of blade deterioration. Still giving a smooth comfortable and surprisingly efficient result. 3passes without any issues for a bbs/dfs finish. The matching aftershave is just super...
20220603_091922.jpg

3MFtLMF.jpg

Mining Camp Shave

Prep: Barrister Reserve Cool soap, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Brush: Shavemac 3-band Silvertip Badger
Cream: Musgo Real Spiced Citrus
Razor: Above The Tie S1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler (2)
Post: Proraso Green Aftershave Lotion, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Scent: Penhaligon's Sartorial EdT

Enjoyed this one.

SOTD 03-June
20220531_115351.jpg
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Boti 2-Band
Soap: MdC Fougère
Razor: CB Karve (E)
Blade: Feather HS (1)

Decent shave this morning, I've been intending to revisit some blades that I'd sworn off, one of which is the feather. I've used it a few times over the past week or so and to be fair it's not as bad I remember, it won't make me switch from my standard GSBs or the the sometimes used nacets, but at least I won't flinch at the thought of using it.

Whether that says anything with regards to technique improving or skin changing, I've no idea, but I'll take it for what it is and accept that I've got one more blade in the arsenal that I'm happy to use.

Hope everyone has a great Bank Holiday

Cheers

Marc

3 June

SV Felce Aromatica
Blackland Signature
Blackland Vector
Feather Professional
SV Felce Aromatica asl

574B833E-2A8F-47C6-B36D-9776E8DE0DCF.jpeg
A superb shave this morning, two passes with the Vector leaving me smooth for the day. The Vector is a comfortable razor and so nimble, but, using the same Feather blade as yesterday, I was surprised that the Claymore Evolution is closer in performance to the Vector, than I had thought. Just a hair’s breadth in it :)

Back
Top Bottom