SOTD : Saturday 28th May - Friday 3rd June 2022.

Thursday’s Shave

VuKGwhh.png

Yates 921-H Brushed Brass / Personna
AP Shave Co. 24mm Flattop Elegant Emerald Handle
Blue Devil Peppermint Patch Shave Soap / Lucky Tiger Aftershave

Thu 2 SOTD
Cream Proraso Green
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mojito 2 Band Badger
Razor Yaqi Mellon COB
Blade Persona X Series 21st Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Proraso Green Splash
A pleasant outdoor shave with this outstanding cream!! Perfectly whip-up by the excellent brush into a grand lather...smelling and feeling fantastic!!
What else to say regarding this blade...today paired with the razor gives a very smooth comfortable and efficient shave...3passes for a bbs/dfs finish without any issues...wow!! I have never enjoyed using a DE blade for so long...amazing!! The aftershave is just impeccable!
20220602_110159 (2).jpg20220602_111230 (2).jpg

Unable to remember what days these SOTD's took place it is hence themed 'The Randomness of the long distance shaver'

A two for the price of one special offer

First SOTD from some day or another

20220530_203434.jpg

Random razor - Stainless Mongoose
Some blade or other - Feather Professional
A take your pick brush - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Choose your soap - Extro Arzachena
Or don't scent - Extro Arzachena

Why did I sell the Colonial V2 recently? Because of this razor. The Mongoose to me is quite simply one of the finest razors to grace planet earth shave. Perfection from a piece of machined stainless. Detested by many but loved by me and it just suits me down to a tee. It does superbly close, superbly comfortable and superbly quickly. Not fussy over which blade it is paired with, I have never failed to experience anything lesser than a big grin. A razor for life for sure.

A great lathering from the Arzachena (despite looking like the contents of a petri dish) and wonderfully delivered by The Groom Rooms' little Whiskey Barrel brush. And all complete with a gorgeous scent.

A great shave, great results and no regrets for letting the General go. This could easily be 'that desert island razor'

Second SOTD from one of those days the previous didn't happen.

So impressed by the 'Random name selecting wheel' on my recent PIF's I decided to use the same to select my razor for my next shave.

20220601_214920.jpg

20220531_185319.jpg

Selectively random - Stainless Mongoose
Same random blade - Feather Professional
Randomly different - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Choose me, choose me - ADP Collezione
My beautiful launderette - Colegen moisturiser

'There you are, you satanic bastard. In you go and wash your filth away'

Why not go with the same razor since I know happiness is only a blade's width away. Same words as previous.

Very nice in the knowledge that when a favourite product comes to the end of its life there is another waiting in the wings. Time to break out the next jar of ADP. A really super soap and it is a shame ADP ditched this in favour of a cream. This stuff is quality all the way.

And so another shave based around smiling cats from Cheshire and a winner all the way.

Have a wonderful Bank Holiday and may you all be safe and well.

Japanese ladies? Of course......being as it was a double header of SOTD's, you can have a double header of the Beaver......

2 June

SV Felce Aromatica
PAA Green Ray
ES Claymore Evolution
Feather Professional
SV Felce Aromatica asl

A453D676-6CE0-46E0-AB9E-8ADF8BE73B8D.jpeg
A pleasant start to the long weekend. The Green Ray is a very soft synthetic, but, surprisingly, it seems to have no problems with picking up a hard soap and creating a fabulous lather. The Claymore, even with a new Feather Professional blade, and despite its weight advantage, doesn’t get as close as the Vector or the aluminium SE1. It’s far from a bad razor, just not as close as the other two. Yaqi Excalibur incoming.

Last edited:
02/06/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Razorock 400 Plissoft Syn
Soap - 1912 Irish Fern
Razor - Razorock Hawk V3 "A"
Blade - Feather Pro Guard
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Baxter's / Argan Oil home mixed Balm
A/S - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green
Wk 22 (6).JPG
Everything working in harmony for a wonderful shave, yes, this blade is still going, it is on around 18 shaves and still smooth. Most have been 2 pass shaves, therefore it should "go off" soon. I am still impressed and also intrigued at how long it will perform.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

bz8O9cq.jpg

2022-06-01 - LatherGames day 1 - Spring into Lather Games

Prep: Bart's balm unscented glycerine liquid preshave soap
Brush: Declaration grooming B11 28mm Snowblivion
Razor: Muhle R41 GT London Limited Edition
Blade: Aeterna super stainless (1)
Lather: Martin de Candre - Rose - Soap
Post Shave: Chatillon Lux - Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli - Aftershave
Fragrance: Diptyque - L'Ombre Dans L'Eau edp

SOTD 02-Jun
20220531_114628.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Finned' V14
Soap: Signature Valentia
Razor: Blackland Era SB L5
Blade: GSB (3)

Cracking shave this morning, lathered up a dream with an initial go around in the bowl before slapping on the face. Excellent scent and zero irritation post shave. Brilliant stuff and looking forward to more!

Hope everyone has a grand Bank Holiday!

Cheers

Marc

8C086F2B-5235-41DE-939F-34FAFBFE2156.jpeg
SOTD: 02/06/2022

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur
Blade: Kai Titan Mild Pink , 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: Yaqi Plastic Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balm Preshave Sample Oil
Soap: Stirling Campania Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Campania EDT
Balm: Bart's Balm BEN KILBRECK Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

The Excalibur really is a capable little razor that never disappoints! I love this soap and matching splash, the soft citrus scent lasts all day. The shave was smooth and easy and has lasted all day. The Bart’s pre and post shave combo is great on the skin. The Yaqi bowl was also surprisingly capable!
All in all a great start to the day! Enjoy your day guys!

Thursday

As it is a bank holiday, up a little late, then off for a quick (sort of) run.

Back to shower and then shave.

I've given the Astra green another run out and yes, it's not for me. Close shave - yes. Smooth shave - NO!

To be sure, I am going with the same razor, different blade tomorrow!

Have a good one everyone

Attachments

• IMG_20220602_134339__01.jpg
    IMG_20220602_134339__01.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom