SOTD : Saturday 28st August to Friday 03th September 2021

SOTD 30-Aug
DSC02165.jpg
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: C&H 'Longtown' Fanchurian
Soap: PAA Et Tu CK6
Razor: Blackland Sabre L2
Blade: GEM PTFE (2)

Good shave this morning, whipped out the new et tu (an homage to Brut unsurprisingly) really like the scent, wonderful performance with the soap. I'm curious as to how the CK6 compares to the normal crown king formula.

First use of any star jelly from PAA, it really is like a jelly, performs very well and has a strong hit of the scent. I was actually surprised this one made it through customs as I bought it direct and I think it does have an alcohol content. Should have tried to get their actual Aftershave sent through as well, oh well lesson learnt.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
30/08/21
Pre - Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 LE Faux Tortoise
Soap - Proraso Red
Razor - Gillette Slim Adjustable H3 #3
Blade - Timor SP (3)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Proraso Red
A/S - Proraso Red

Wk35 (3).JPG

Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Monday 30th August
Yaqi Sagrada Familia - Old Spice - Ever Ready 1914 - Gem Stainless Coated #8 - Old Spice A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
ZFQXTjd.jpg

30/8/21

Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Tuxedo 24mm
Soap - Wilkinson Sword Stick
Razor - Lord L6
Blade - Gillette Platinum (4)
Post - Witch Hazel/Lea Balm
AS - Denim Original

The Wilkinson Sword stick seems to quite highly rated by some but until today I'd never quite understood the praise, today however was the shave with it that convinced me how great a lather it can produce, I produced a slick lather with the cushion of Tabac, but one with a slightly more moisturizing post shave feel, maybe down to the lanolin. A real shame this like other tallow shaving sticks has been discontinued.

I'd not used my Lord L6 for a while, it's a fairly efficient razor head, produced a close shave in 2.5 passes with the Gillette Platinum blade with a few shaves under it's belt.

Finished the shave with the Denim Original splash, it's a nice old fashioned barbershop style splash.

Anyway gents, I hope you have a nice Bank Holiday Monday.

Aug. 29, 2021 - MMOC day 29... and birthday!

GEMsOfWisdom

Another day, another good shave. Water up here definitely makes a difference - the soap seems to lather even easier than usual and explodes with more lather than usual - by the looks of it that is, since I don't really measure it properly.

3 passes and bit of tidying up on the neck for BBS. Birthday BBS - First birthday shave since I started wetshaving... shame it wasn't too exciting - same setup as since beginning of August. Blade performed well enough - slight tugging here and there when going ATG but it's more than bearable - definitely still better than GEM side. I'm guessing I could potentially get about 10 more shaves without having to strop it... but you never know! 29 shaves in but still dealing well enough with my hair.

Aftershave brought slight bit of stinging probably due to having to buff out some places. But all is good.

Been around department stores today and had a good sniff at some perfumes. Creed, Parfum the marly, Initio.... all are great though! Love the Creed original Vetiver as well as Erolfa. PDM I actually like their Layton, Herod, Pegasus and Carlisle. Initio oud for greatness is another awesome one... Same as absolute aphrodisiac and blessed baraka. Ugh the fragrance world opened the door and it's another rabbit hole! Hate it but love it at the same time! Really need to get some samples in seeing as near where I live there's no department stores where I could try some of this stuff...

Now time for some birthday drinks I guess!

Enjoy your shaves Ladies and Gentlemen!
Belated best wishes!

82552258-33BE-4B98-B49A-E6C819115DB6.jpeg

Prep: Shower with Boots No. 7 exfoliating face wash.

Pre: PAA unscented cube.

Soap: Musgo Sabonete de Barbear.

Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia.

Razor: Hone 15

Blade: Wilkinson Sword vintage.

Back to playing with my new toy the hone and I’ve got to say I still love it! I’ve just noticed it has a slightly longer handle than the Hone 15a but I’m not sure it adds anymore significant weight to what is a solid and weighty razor.
The little Musgo is a delight, very similar to Proraso green, without the menthol I think. Lathers up beautifully and slightly more creamy/yogurty than the Proraso, it a less airy lather but I prefer that. Would definitely hunt down the matching splash but Proraso Green complements it well in the meantime. A good solid bar too not a croap so will last well despite its small size, and at £4.99 you can’t go wrong! I may pop down to see if they have anymore, they had Musgo wash soap but only these for shaving but TKMaxx are a bit sporadic with their supplies.
All in all a great bank holiday shave before returning to work tomorrow!

Aug. 29, 2021 - MMOC day 29... and birthday!

GEMsOfWisdom

Another day, another good shave. Water up here definitely makes a difference - the soap seems to lather even easier than usual and explodes with more lather than usual - by the looks of it that is, since I don't really measure it properly.

3 passes and bit of tidying up on the neck for BBS. Birthday BBS - First birthday shave since I started wetshaving... shame it wasn't too exciting - same setup as since beginning of August. Blade performed well enough - slight tugging here and there when going ATG but it's more than bearable - definitely still better than GEM side. I'm guessing I could potentially get about 10 more shaves without having to strop it... but you never know! 29 shaves in but still dealing well enough with my hair.

Aftershave brought slight bit of stinging probably due to having to buff out some places. But all is good.

Been around department stores today and had a good sniff at some perfumes. Creed, Parfum the marly, Initio.... all are great though! Love the Creed original Vetiver as well as Erolfa. PDM I actually like their Layton, Herod, Pegasus and Carlisle. Initio oud for greatness is another awesome one... Same as absolute aphrodisiac and blessed baraka. Ugh the fragrance world opened the door and it's another rabbit hole! Hate it but love it at the same time! Really need to get some samples in seeing as near where I live there's no department stores where I could try some of this stuff...

Now time for some birthday drinks I guess!

Enjoy your shaves Ladies and Gentlemen!
A belated Happy Birthday to you!

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Sunday 30th August 2021

Shave Score 9.5

PreShave: Hot Shower \ PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol" \ Signature Soaps - Patchouli\Orange Foaming Shower Wash
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Non-Menthol"
Soap: EXTRO Bergamotto di Calabria
Brush: Yaqi 26mm - Timber Wolf
Razor: Karve Aluminium (C)
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Post Shave ASL: Figaro BluIce
Post Shave Balm: Baxters Balm
Post Shave Cologne: Aramis

Have a great day all.

Joe

D644B494-4E29-421B-8857-9491030E68EF.jpeg

20210830_152733.jpg
SOTD 30th Aug
Pre - PAA Cube
Soap - WSP Citrus Blast
Brush - Omega S Brush 24mm
Razor - Merkur 37c Slant
Blade - Rockwell Swedish SS #1
Post - Barts Balm Bergamot & Vanilla
Not a great feel on first use of this blade in this razor. Felt pretty rough and couple of nicks too. Great lather and post shave made it worthwhile though. I'll use this blade - which works well enough in the Rockwell 6c - for another 3 shaves to see how it fairs in the Slant.
Take care all.

Yesterday’s rasp:

Gillette Aristocrat #22, Rapira Swede
Hand-carved Ash Barbershop Boar
Palmolive Stick
Benjamin’s Bay Rum
Astral

All bow to my favourite razor, my preciousss.

So shiny, so sexy, so smooth, such class, such elegance - oh c’est tres bon! Wi, wi…

MATRON! It’s all too much, my dear.

Happy Birthday Simon,

You are allowed to get a little tipsy, order some shaving soaps online and fall asleep, only to forget what you ordered until your postie delivers them to you.
Thank you Shubs! Unfortunately didn't get tipsy, but on a day did treat myself to PDM Herod!

Yeah happy birthday Scorps. Now get those bevvies down ya, see you in the "what are you drinking" thread...
Thank you! Was just some alcohol got in a rush around town in York - some vodka and whisky! Was out for a night haha!

Happy Birthday Si @Scorpio93 , enjoy your evening.
T
Thank you Tony! Was a good one! Much needed few days of city break away!

Happy Birthday @Scorpio93!
Thank you Paul!

Happy Birthday Simon
Thank you Russ!

Wszystkiego najlepszego Simon

Or something like that. So Google translate says. Which means it probably has something to do with worms.

But whichever it translates to, have a great one
Dziekuje! haha!

That was quite correct Chris! It was the right one haha

Happy Birthday young man!!!!

Thank you Paul! 28 now so slowly getting there... lol!

Happy birthday champ!
Thank you Chris!

Happy Birthday Wishes to you...
Thank you!

Happy Birthday :)

Thank you @udrako

Belated birthday greetings... Hope you had a good one.
Thank you! It was a good one! Nice to break away from the usual location!

A belated Happy Birthday to you!
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom