SOTD : Saturday 28st August to Friday 03th September 2021

SOTD : 28th August 2021.

13.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
Brush: APShave Co 24mm Cashmere Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather : The Body Shop Maca Root & Aloe Shaving Cream.
Blade : Mers SuperShave X Platinum. (D1)
Razor: Muhle r89.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB./Milton Lloyd America Night EdT.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the bank holiday weekend.. I have mentioned in many of my the postings the Muhle r89 is a superb all round razor....It was one of the first DE razors along with the Merkur 34c that i instantly bonded with when i first started DE shaving and have always had wonderful irritation-free shaves each time i have used it, today yet again was no exception.

A pleasurable 2 pass + pickups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd America Night EdT to the pulse points.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the bank holiday weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Today's shave:

rdt210828brk0h.jpg

- Wickham 1912 Cashmere
- Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger
- Mamba/Windrose D5 with Feather blade
- 4711 Portugal aftershave

:D

Sat 28 SR SOTD
Soap Barrister & Mann Seville
Brush Yaqi 22mm Ever-Helpful 2 Band Badger
Razor P Hospital Le Grelot Thiers
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + B&M Seville
Very nice lather from this soap. Beautiful scent, creamy and slick too...
Very nice shave with this razor. So comfortable in hand and has a keen smooth edge. An enjoyable 3+1passes for an improving result from the usual sas to dfs...great!! The matching aftershave was good too but somehow not strong nor lasting enough...
20210828_130708.jpg

SOTD 28-Aug
DSC02166.jpg
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: Lemon Drop 26mm TGN Boar
Soap: Tabac
Razor: Brit Ever Ready 1912
Blade: GEM PTFE (1)

I have to thank @Tony'schin for this epic shave, very generous gift of the ever ready. Last time I used one of these was when I had the newbie box and I've been meaning to get my grubby mitts on one since then. I loved it then and I love it now. These things honestly give some of the closest shaves I've ever had and this one was no different, absolute face stroker.

I like to pass an alum over the face if it's a new razor or it's been a long time since use, just to be sure, and I will admit the test did suggest I didn't quite get the optimum angle at each point, but practice makes prefect!

Thank you again Tony, very much appreciated!

Hope everyone has a grand sunny Bank Holiday!

Cheers

Marc

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Saturday 28th August 2021

Shave Score 10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower \ PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol" \ Signature Soaps - Patchouli\Orange Foaming Shower Wash
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Non-Menthol"
Soap: EXTRO Arancia Italiana
Brush: Yaqi 26mm - Timber Wolf
Razor: Karve Aluminium (C)
Blade: Gillette Super Thin (2)
Post Shave ASL: Pinaud Classic Vanilla
Post Shave Balm: Barts Balms - Ben Vorlich-Grapefruit and Pepper
Post Shave Cologne: Aramis

No picture today sorry, another sublime shave, haven’t used my other razors since I’ve had this Karve, experience the easiest and most efficient shaves with it no matter what blade I throw at it :)

Have a great day all.

Joe

2CDB89F6-B356-4CF2-9B1C-9CC6E17F25DD.jpeg

Prep: Shower with Boots exfoliating face wash.

Pre: PAA unscented cube.

Soap: Stubble Buster Grunge.

Brush: Shave Brush 24 Mm Oumobrush Silvertip In a Handmade Bog Oak Handle

Razor: Hone 15

Blade: Vintage Wilkinson Sword

I only had a light stubble today but still managed a lovely shave with this mild and efficient beautiful razor. I wouldn’t normally have attempted a shave with as little stubble as this but I trust this amazing razor and still managed a 3 pass without any issue. I love the smell and post shave feel of this soap and wish I could find a full sized pot somewhere! It’s not a major player which makes it a harder find. Lathers up lovely and smells a treat like complementing JPG Le Male very well.
I need to work on under my nose with the Hone but believe this is me more than the razor!

Back
Top Bottom