SOTD : Saturday 28st August to Friday 03th September 2021

Aug. 29, 2021 - MMOC day 29... and birthday!

GEMsOfWisdom

Another day, another good shave. Water up here definitely makes a difference - the soap seems to lather even easier than usual and explodes with more lather than usual - by the looks of it that is, since I don't really measure it properly.

3 passes and bit of tidying up on the neck for BBS. Birthday BBS - First birthday shave since I started wetshaving... shame it wasn't too exciting - same setup as since beginning of August. Blade performed well enough - slight tugging here and there when going ATG but it's more than bearable - definitely still better than GEM side. I'm guessing I could potentially get about 10 more shaves without having to strop it... but you never know! 29 shaves in but still dealing well enough with my hair.

Aftershave brought slight bit of stinging probably due to having to buff out some places. But all is good.

Been around department stores today and had a good sniff at some perfumes. Creed, Parfum the marly, Initio.... all are great though! Love the Creed original Vetiver as well as Erolfa. PDM I actually like their Layton, Herod, Pegasus and Carlisle. Initio oud for greatness is another awesome one... Same as absolute aphrodisiac and blessed baraka. Ugh the fragrance world opened the door and it's another rabbit hole! Hate it but love it at the same time! Really need to get some samples in seeing as near where I live there's no department stores where I could try some of this stuff...

Now time for some birthday drinks I guess!

Enjoy your shaves Ladies and Gentlemen!

Belated birthday wishes.

IMG_20210830_160sm.jpeg

I fancied a quickie shower shave after my walk today, and as usual all of these tried and tested goodies, came up trumps. Solid shave, with BBS results. Can’t say fairer than that!

Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Kai (2)
Soap: LEA Shavestick
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Pre-shave: Shower
Post-shave: LEA Balm
Bowl: Face lather

And for today:

Gillette Aristocrat #22
BiC Chrome Platinum/Rapira Swede
Whipped Dog Butterscotch 30mm 2-band
GFT Coconut Soap (NOS)
Taylor’s Tobacco Leaf AS
Comfrey Ointment

There are two blades listed above for a reason. MATRON! Please take the BiCs away - they are very naughty indeed.

Hmph! More than a tad rough with their sharpness but all’s mostly well after swapping out for a Rappy-Roo.

The healing aftershave and smidgen of comfrey oil which one uses for one’s southernmost, ineffective appendages is, as many of you will know, rich in allantoin, that soothing wonder. I’m not sure it will be able to regenerate my entire top lip but Matron says I must have patience, whatever that is.

All aboard!

PS I’m not allowed out to play tomorrow so I’ll see you all for more shave related tomfoolery on the day of Wednes.

Aug. 29, 2021 - MMOC day 29... and birthday!

GEMsOfWisdom

Another day, another good shave. Water up here definitely makes a difference - the soap seems to lather even easier than usual and explodes with more lather than usual - by the looks of it that is, since I don't really measure it properly.

3 passes and bit of tidying up on the neck for BBS. Birthday BBS - First birthday shave since I started wetshaving... shame it wasn't too exciting - same setup as since beginning of August. Blade performed well enough - slight tugging here and there when going ATG but it's more than bearable - definitely still better than GEM side. I'm guessing I could potentially get about 10 more shaves without having to strop it... but you never know! 29 shaves in but still dealing well enough with my hair.

Aftershave brought slight bit of stinging probably due to having to buff out some places. But all is good.

Been around department stores today and had a good sniff at some perfumes. Creed, Parfum the marly, Initio.... all are great though! Love the Creed original Vetiver as well as Erolfa. PDM I actually like their Layton, Herod, Pegasus and Carlisle. Initio oud for greatness is another awesome one... Same as absolute aphrodisiac and blessed baraka. Ugh the fragrance world opened the door and it's another rabbit hole! Hate it but love it at the same time! Really need to get some samples in seeing as near where I live there's no department stores where I could try some of this stuff...

Now time for some birthday drinks I guess!

Enjoy your shaves Ladies and Gentlemen!
Happy Belated Birthday Greetings to you

Monday 30th August

AM-JKLXle75RQBslEsTMJJcQ2Gk5tTWLcqAw8VODwkZcKNzTMtgI2YMWP66iJi7UuQvyR-Ad7BKOXWk4kZYNLK8EkqoaI1EilHEVj4EJCEa44asoDTNpRURlhOhV5y3QQIohiDUeY2wvGso5hYfuOlHaVhQnIw=w800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
L'Occitane Cade Shaving Brush
RazoRock 400 Limited Edition w/Plissoft Noir 24mm
RazoRock Hawk (Regular) w/KCG Handle
Feather Professional (1)
Pashana Original Aftershave

That's my setup for the week to come ...

0DB0B993-714D-4E1A-B38E-EAF1EE137D50.pngPre = Fitjar Islands Charcoal Bar
Razor = Blackland Dart
Blade = Gillette 7 O’clock Sharpedge ( Yellow )
Brush = Turn N Shave 28mm Boar Shoat Knot
Soap = A&E Solcal Hipster with matching splash
Balm = Australian Bodycare Tea Tree Oil

Decent enough shave today however the Dury’s still out on this razor.
i don’t think iv ever used it and not cut myself.
Don’t get me wrong i know it’s probably my fault however i don’t know if iv got the patience to keep persevering.
It might be up on the BST come November time.
Anyway i’m definitely loving this Brush,
i reckon 2-3 shaves and it will be fully broken in.
Stay Safe boys
Onwards & Upwards

Shaving antics brought to you by the theme 'Insert your theme here...................'

20210830_144026-01.jpeg

.................. - Stainless Mongoose
.................. - Kai Titan mild
.................. - Yaqi Dandelion
.................. - Abbate y Mantia Matteo
.................. - Abbate y Mantia Krokos splash

In a fit of sheer idleness I have decided that you in this lovely little community can name my theme this evening. Choose whatever you want. 'Chris you're a daft sod', 'Pack this garbage in you boring old bastard' or anything deemed worthy, or not worthy of course.

A few pointers

A great razor and superbly matched blade
A darling little brush and duly named by the Welsh
A soap which does not have the scent of bleach. @Boycie83 you ignorant swine
Brilliant finish
Happy bunnies
And now I have just finished tugging a Helmut it is time for bed

20210830_183818.jpg

And to end this shave it just has to be those ladies from over in Japan, and, Band Maid it is

Back
Top Bottom